Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 11:37 AM

288 posts, read 202,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Unfortunately, far too often, this is the situation. Most of modern work depends on others to do their part at the right time. If someone else does shoddy work, or delivers late, it impacts you. You have to redo their work or do extra to work around their mistakes. And if they're late, it puts you in a time crunch, especially if your phase of the work occurs toward the end of the process.

I've often seen management put all the pressure & blame on the last person/team in a process when in reality all the problems and delay happened before it ever got to you.

Compounding things, many managers aren't willing to confront their counterparts even though their team is the one taking the blame.
The management don't like confrontation so it is easier to blame someone else, especially when this colleague is so unapproachable. The manager knows this person would blow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Do not take direction from another department about what you should do. Maybe it is a training issue or maybe IT should make it a mandatory field. You should have presented the issue to your manager that the field is not getting inputted and you requested IT make it a mandatory field and their response. Let your manager decide the best way to fix the problem.

You did try to problem solve the issue the right way with IT but should have escalated it from that point to your manager for resolution. Always avoid fault finding and let your manager handle performance issues.

It appears you are not aware of office politics. What is done is done. Just keep you head low and do your job. Hopefully when a new person joins the organization, you will have someone for comradery.
I agree, I should not have listened to IT asking me to go to that line manager and should have gone through my own. Definitely not fault finding but it is vital this information is input on the system. I don't like the office politics and will go to my line manager about future issues.

Old 11-16-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
You seem to have a knack for getting "too close" to your coworkers and expecting them to be friends with you. This isn't the first time you have come here complaining about your colleagues as they pertain to your social life, e.g., you friended some on social media and then didn't know how to untangle yourself from them. I'm friends with a lot of my coworkers, even former ones, but I only do so with people I am proud to say I worked with them, not ones who I am constantly having to go behind.

Also, since when is it OK to just not go into work because you feel uncomfortable being around a worker you chose to report? If you're going to talk the talk, you best walk the walk.
I don't want to be friends with them but the one in particular is manipulative and pretends she wants to be friends and pretends she is concerned when she does not care. She just wants people to do her work for her.

Old 11-16-2023, 11:46 AM

1,944 posts, read 923,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
The management don't like confrontation so it is easier to blame someone else, especially when this colleague is so unapproachable. The manager knows this person would blow up.

That's management's problem. They shouldn't keep people that have attitude problems.

Old 11-16-2023, 11:47 AM

1,944 posts, read 923,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I don't want to be friends with them but the one in particular is manipulative and pretends she wants to be friends and pretends she is concerned when she does not care. She just wants people to do her work for her.

Then if you know this, stop responding to her at all. Let her hang herself with her own rope.

Old 11-16-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Then if you know this, stop responding to her at all. Let her hang herself with her own rope.
Thank you. I will do that now as it is affecting my mental health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment