Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2023, 04:16 PM

7 posts, read 13,533 times

Advertisements

I was made redundant in June from a business analyst role in which I worked in for 5 years.

I took a short holiday after that, I have been applying to some jobs after that and have had a few interviews but with no luck.

Last month I had an interview for software engineer role on a 18 month contract at my local police station. The manager for the role got back in touch with me a few days after and said that i don't have the exact skills to get started straightaway as it's only for 18 months the role doesn't have much time to be trained up in as it covers a wide range of services, however she told me about an upcoming role in the same team which she feels my skills are more aligned with.

Its a similar role and is a 2 year contract so there is more time to learn on the job and it covers less wide projects.

She told me that I will need to go through the application and interview process again, but she has asked me to get in touch if I have any questions.

The talent acquisition lead/internal recruiter emailed me the link to the role 2 weeks ago and he said 'we have to be fair and advertise this to everyone, but we would really like you to apply for this role' so I applied for it.

The job post closed last week, and the interview was 2 days ago.

I thought it went well, it was with the same people as last time. Towards the end they talked a lot about the onboarding process e.g vetting, training and working arrangements. They said they would get in touch with me the next day but I haven't heard anything, is that a bad sign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 04:20 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
It means that are were busy and something else came up, or they ran into a hiccup, etc. If they weren't interested, they probably wouldn't bother going over all of the things in your last paragraph.

Old 11-17-2023, 06:21 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
I had a "interview" with a dumba** recruiter and I purposely asked her what her background was ( because I could tell she was useless) ... She was a FIng HOCKEY COACH.. ... And she was recruiting for a medical distribution company. (Yes.. that explained it) So. Yes.. Its probably a bad sign but don't take it personal.. These "recruiters" are nothing more than dog turd on the bottom of your shoe. At the end of the day, all applications should go to the hiring manager who run the operation. No one else. .. Not worthless HR/Recruiters who are zeros in the game of life

The online application process is worthless as are the human beings in HR and "recruiting". Alot of them bring a company to it's knees cause they don't recruit for crap since they don't even know the industry they are in.

The key is to bypass all that trash and get all your info to management. . Sorry but its the only way.. I've never seen more worthless wastes of space than HR and "recruiting" ever

Old 11-17-2023, 08:32 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techvno1 View Post
I
I thought it went well, it was with the same people as last time. Towards the end they talked a lot about the onboarding process e.g vetting, training and working arrangements. They said they would get in touch with me the next day but I haven't heard anything, is that a bad sign?
Until you have a contract signed and you're working, don't quit applying and just keep your head down and keep going until they have you sign the contract you're still unemployed.

Old 11-17-2023, 10:29 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Sounds like you'll be a government sub-contractor. Those postings are SO expendable. They don't gave a damn about them. It's the government...its not like they really care about productivity. I'd try to temper expectations and keep applying. I don't think its a big deal especially as we're starting to near the holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment