Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM

25 posts, read 31,954 times

Advertisements

hello party people im trying to keep a good attitude while im dealing with this recession. i recently lost my job as head Bingo master at my local chapter hall earlier this month so that leaves me bummed and looking for a new gig

im a old cheap booze drinkin former taxi driver who cannot find a job not even at mcdonalds, my resume is not up to date but its not like it would matter put it this way you need to hire me and teach me but i learn fast and then most likely takes the job of the person who trained me....

i think im gonna resort to panhandling on busy street intersections to target the cars and in busy walkways to target the common folk. now i know this sounds stupid/silly/rediculous but i think i got it all figured out

i read somewhere that the common begger makes up to 50k if done right...im not even homeless infact ive been living quite well but im gonna get the right clothes(some ripped jeans,half a shirt and one shoe and my other "shoe" as duck tape on my foot) and im gonna act like a homeless man and collect change from people as my daily job

if i do this right i will make serious tax free cash for not ever working hard....my only question is how illegal is it and will i face jailtime if caught?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 05:14 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,131,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Alone View Post
hello party people im trying to keep a good attitude while im dealing with this recession. i recently lost my job as head Bingo master at my local chapter hall earlier this month so that leaves me bummed and looking for a new gig

im a old cheap booze drinkin former taxi driver who cannot find a job not even at mcdonalds, my resume is not up to date but its not like it would matter put it this way you need to hire me and teach me but i learn fast and then most likely takes the job of the person who trained me....

i think im gonna resort to panhandling on busy street intersections to target the cars and in busy walkways to target the common folk. now i know this sounds stupid/silly/rediculous but i think i got it all figured out

i read somewhere that the common begger makes up to 50k if done right...im not even homeless infact ive been living quite well but im gonna get the right clothes(some ripped jeans,half a shirt and one shoe and my other "shoe" as duck tape on my foot) and im gonna act like a homeless man and collect change from people as my daily job

if i do this right i will make serious tax free cash for not ever working hard....my only question is how illegal is it and will i face jailtime if caught?

You might want to go to your local library for the answer to that question. The last time I had occasion to look this question up, it depended on where you were asking for money. For example, if you do it in the subway, it could be considered a terroristic activity...so watch out! and good luck!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,461,566 times
I'd say just start doing it and see what happens.

I think it would be hard to make $50K.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:15 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,793,252 times
This is an April Fool's joke, right?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,061,104 times
Better make sure to get you some "Billy Bobs" bnecause most panhandlers don't have really nice, dentally maintained teeth. Oh, and raggedy nails. Lose the manicure.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,640,911 times
This reminds me of a story...

I was hanging out with my friend and his dad one time, going to get breakfast when we saw a homeless guy urinating on the outside wall of a bank. He finishes his business, and then walks away. Right after, the bank manager comes out with a bucket of water and pours it over the spot to wash it away. My friend's dad happens to bank there as well, so he asks the manager why do they allow him to do that without calling the cops. The bank manager said it was because he was a customer at the bank and has a sizeable deposit with them!

Goes to show not all homeless people are "homeless" and "poor".

Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,297,736 times
This is why I never give homeless people money. I want to help them, I just don't know who I can trust and the few that are 'faking' homeless ruin it for the real homeless people.

One time we saw a dirty homeless guy standing out on the corner asking for money. We were in a parking lot and we saw him walk a little ways to a small hidden parking lot behind where he was and he got into a really nice red car, then drive off!

Don't know who you can trust these days. I think that pretending to be homeless is just dishonest.. I frown upon you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment