Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 08:14 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,219,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We should hear exciting news after their June trip to Reno/Carson City! Can't wait.
I suspect he may find some more devil worshiping heathens in Reno, and possibly some unsavory ladies wearing cowboy hats plying their trade on street corners.

I can't wait either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 09:07 PM

409 posts, read 474,950 times
“If he just wants to sit in his apartment and view rodeo, why does it matter where he resides.”

Old 05-24-2024, 07:53 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,485,438 times
Ok, just now (Friday, May 24) came across this thread. Funny or not, here's an update from us:

First, while still living in Loveland, we thought about either trading in the old 2005 Durango or having a new engine installed. Neither happened in Loveland and we drove it, fully packed with stuff, all the way to our new apartment complex in Henderson. It made it fine, but my wife, and I finally understood why, just wanted to trade it in for a newer one with less miles. The 2005, when we traded it in, had 182,000 miles on it. We found, and bought (outright/no monthly payments), a 2021 Dodge Durango GT. Fully of sensors and computer stuff. I even hooked up our iPhones to the UConnect so we can place/receive calls in the Durango without getting our iPhone out. It's fantastic. The new Durango has a 6-cylinder and gets terrific gas mileage. Funny, the same headlights we use to see on newer vehicles, and totally disliked due to brightness, we now have. We also bought three complete maintenance/repair packages, so most things are covered (no payment) for repairs/maintenance. That's very nice! The Dealer was only going to give us $500 trade-in for the old 2005, but my wife talked them into $1,000.

Now, for the future: Two weeks from tomorrow, June 8th, we drive up to Carson City/Reno and check out the areas. We've already got hotel reservations made. What will make the trip nice, it will be 10 to 15 degrees cooler up there. We are headed into 100 degree high daily heat! In a couple of weeks I'll be 75, and she is already 76. Just can't take this heat! Funny, but my wife told me, "I always wanted to live either in Vegas or close to it", but has totally/100% changed her mind. Any pictures, etc. we've unpacked are now all packed up.

With the new "fast" Brightline West train being started, Vegas will be swamped with more and more people. That, and the new International Airport, that Vegas is calling "theirs", that will be built between Jean and Primm, this entire valley will be unbelievably crowded with people/traffic. But, from what we've heard, nobody in the Henderson/Vegas area cares. To them, the entire valley is "Utopia", no matter how hot or crowded it gets.

As for our boat/trailer, it is up for sale. It is on three different websites. If it doesn't sell, we will have it transported to wherever we move to. Definitely don't want to do that, but we aren't going to pay ($80 a month) for storage here and have to fly or drive to get to it.

We both know how much fun some of you have had, in this thread, making fun of us, but that's just the way it is. This forum was never meant for current or former "rodeo" cowboys (like myself) or even ranch cowboys. That's ok, we've got some great replies/comments, as well as some "not so great" replies/comments. I don't think hardly anyone on this forum will understand us, but that is fine as well. We understand each other and that's what counts the most.

Lastly, my wife still has her "temp" job at home and she keeps getting extended each month. I take care of most everything else and that's totally fine with her.

So, that's it! IOW, go ahead and "have at it" folks. LOL

Old 05-24-2024, 10:26 AM

3,650 posts, read 6,338,421 times
funny I ranch and make comments on people who think they can move to Wyoming and ranch on 320 acres

Old 05-24-2024, 01:41 PM

5,609 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Ok, just now (Friday, May 24) came across this thread. Funny or not, here's an update from us:

First, while still living in Loveland, we thought about either trading in the old 2005 Durango or having a new engine installed. Neither happened in Loveland and we drove it, fully packed with stuff, all the way to our new apartment complex in Henderson. It made it fine, but my wife, and I finally understood why, just wanted to trade it in for a newer one with less miles. The 2005, when we traded it in, had 182,000 miles on it. We found, and bought (outright/no monthly payments), a 2021 Dodge Durango GT. Fully of sensors and computer stuff. I even hooked up our iPhones to the UConnect so we can place/receive calls in the Durango without getting our iPhone out. It's fantastic. The new Durango has a 6-cylinder and gets terrific gas mileage. Funny, the same headlights we use to see on newer vehicles, and totally disliked due to brightness, we now have. We also bought three complete maintenance/repair packages, so most things are covered (no payment) for repairs/maintenance. That's very nice! The Dealer was only going to give us $500 trade-in for the old 2005, but my wife talked them into $1,000.

Now, for the future: Two weeks from tomorrow, June 8th, we drive up to Carson City/Reno and check out the areas. We've already got hotel reservations made. What will make the trip nice, it will be 10 to 15 degrees cooler up there. We are headed into 100 degree high daily heat! In a couple of weeks I'll be 75, and she is already 76. Just can't take this heat! Funny, but my wife told me, "I always wanted to live either in Vegas or close to it", but has totally/100% changed her mind. Any pictures, etc. we've unpacked are now all packed up.

With the new "fast" Brightline West train being started, Vegas will be swamped with more and more people. That, and the new International Airport, that Vegas is calling "theirs", that will be built between Jean and Primm, this entire valley will be unbelievably crowded with people/traffic. But, from what we've heard, nobody in the Henderson/Vegas area cares. To them, the entire valley is "Utopia", no matter how hot or crowded it gets.

As for our boat/trailer, it is up for sale. It is on three different websites. If it doesn't sell, we will have it transported to wherever we move to. Definitely don't want to do that, but we aren't going to pay ($80 a month) for storage here and have to fly or drive to get to it.

We both know how much fun some of you have had, in this thread, making fun of us, but that's just the way it is. This forum was never meant for current or former "rodeo" cowboys (like myself) or even ranch cowboys. That's ok, we've got some great replies/comments, as well as some "not so great" replies/comments. I don't think hardly anyone on this forum will understand us, but that is fine as well. We understand each other and that's what counts the most.

Lastly, my wife still has her "temp" job at home and she keeps getting extended each month. I take care of most everything else and that's totally fine with her.

So, that's it! IOW, go ahead and "have at it" folks. LOL

What is IOW?

Old 05-24-2024, 03:54 PM

2,032 posts, read 3,223,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
What is IOW?
In other words …

Old 05-24-2024, 05:46 PM

5,609 posts, read 5,118,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smpliving View Post
In other words …

Old 05-25-2024, 04:10 PM

409 posts, read 474,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
What is IOW?
He forgot the A at the end.

Old 05-25-2024, 05:55 PM

2,032 posts, read 3,223,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
He forgot the A at the end.
Idiots Out Wandering Around

Old 05-26-2024, 08:24 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,485,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smpliving View Post
Idiots Out Wandering Around
This is why I said "have fun with it folks" in my last reply. Then again, there must be a lot of "idiots" in America, because so many people are moving around and continue to. Just take a look at City-Data Forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming