Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,181,275 times

Advertisements

I shoot for a living. 1000, 1250, 1500 yards. Open sites. Anybody else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 AM

592 posts, read 2,249,658 times
I don't shoot as much as I would like but I know of a lot of folks who shoot in Wyoming. One guy I know has written the book, literally, another was a US Biathlonist. Wyoming also has the WSSA .

Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 AM

2,004 posts, read 6,848,892 times
Not anymore. I used to shoot between 1000 and 3500 times a month.Living in Wyoming. Depending on what I was shooting sometimes on a good month even more. I'd go out on BLM land and stay all day.
Here in TN it sucks. For a public range have to go 41 miles one way. I get to pay for the range time, 2 hours. If I want more time I have to see if someone else is waiting their turn. If they are I have to quit and go home. If not I get to pay for another two hours. I have went one time since I got here. I went with 5 guns and three pistols, they freaked. I was told by another "member" that is not a good thing to do here. Go driving around with a "pack of guns and bullets" he said.
I got five acres here and if I shoot too much at one time, it annoys the neighbors.
They shoot too. But usually their shooting is done in twenty or thirty minutes. That is not even enough time to warm up the guns. I usually shoot the guns I am taking out hunting 5 or 10 times a few days before and have to call it good.
I can see the phobia's about them here. They do have alot of idiots with guns. I have met more than a few. They just legalized the hunting of big game with 22 caliber or bigger high powered rifles. On opening day last year I heard one "hunter" shoot over 20 times at something. And they hit it a few times.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Shooting ranges

I did a project down in Tampa Florida for my company. I pulled my RV down there to live in while I was there. Low and behold, right across the street was an indoor shooting range. I thought I'd found heaven, but it was only Thanonnosassa. haha

I'd go back tomorrow if they'd let me.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 AM

592 posts, read 2,249,658 times
Shadow walker, sounds like you need to get back to Wyoming ?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyomiles View Post
Shadow walker, sounds like you need to get back to Wyoming ?
Really! I got my deer last year from my front porch. I live in town. Woops, did I say that out loud?

Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 PM

176 posts, read 931,255 times
Ha Ha!!

I've been back and forth between the Wyoming and Nebraska sites, and I'm telling ya- you guys are my kind of people!

Old 06-16-2007, 04:07 PM

2,004 posts, read 6,848,892 times
The wifey and I decided we were leaving in alittle over a year. We can't wait for the bust in the energy field. Heck I can probably get back into it with two or three phone calls to friends. I had a job offer in gillette from a bud about the middle of last summer. I just couldn't stand to live in gillette again. Oh, and I have worked for the guy before. Twice!

Old 06-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
The wifey and I decided we were leaving in alittle over a year. We can't wait for the bust in the energy field. Heck I can probably get back into it with two or three phone calls to friends. I had a job offer in gillette from a bud about the middle of last summer. I just couldn't stand to live in gillette again. Oh, and I have worked for the guy before. Twice!
Haul your butt up to Sheridan. Hunting is good, we have a wonderful range, people are nice. Jobs are plentiful.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:07 AM

3,027 posts, read 11,614,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
I shoot for a living. 1000, 1250, 1500 yards. Open sites. Anybody else?
Well, I certainly don't shoot for a living, and I don't even shoot nearly as often as I'd like to. Out where I am now, it is difficult to find a decent place to shoot regularly. There is a shooting area in the forest just a short drive away, but until about a week ago, it was closed due to several fires that we had in the area, and the concerns about erosion. The other big problem is finding local folks that want to go shooting and can go the same times that I can. I prefer to go with at least one other responsible person, for safety sake.

For what it's worth, I have several 22s, a Glock .40 S&W, a Para Ordinance .45, several .357 Magnum revolvers (single and double action), a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06, a Model 94 in .38 special, a Navy Arms Model 1873 in .38/.357 Magnum, and a few other rifles in 7.62x39, and a couple 12 ga. shotguns. There's probably a few others I forgot to mention. I also have a Dillon RL 550 B progressive reloading press and a multitude of hardware and components to go along with it.

I purchased several airsoft guns that I can use at home, even indoors, that I shoot pretty regularly. These are what I use to practice with when I don't have the chance to get to the range. They are inexpensive to use, and are still a lot of fun to shoot. Some of the ones I have are very realistic, too. My gas operated "M-9" pistols are metal, and have "gas blowback" that causes the slide to operate just like a real firearm. As far as toys go, they're pretty cool.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm a Life Member (Benefactor level, actually) of the National Rifle Association. I highly encourage anyone that is involved in, or even just has an interest in, shooting sports, to become a member. This is the single most important thing people can do to protect their right to own and use firearms in this country. Even if you don't agree with everything the NRA prints or does, it is worth your while to belong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: