Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:54 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,311,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
1. Just responding to what you said earlier with real-life examples of what I see your post being. The last line basically sums it up. What did anyone expect? People on CD can be hawkish and detailed? If you make a post and put it out in the open, you gotta deal with responses. Otherwise, don't even bother writing.

You just mentioned that many of us are doing the same thing as him. Oleg sucks at writing this topic because his opinions are one-sided and insensitive, and definitely ignorant. But yet you're claiming that some posters here also are? You can't have it both ways, they wrote because he posted. Even afterwards, you claim that they are just as insensitive and ignorant as the person that they're trying to show differing opinions to.

2. Maybe not listing them, but trying to bring something about them that bothers you up to them (ex. "I noticed you tend to complain a lot.") She doesn't accept criticism well, so she just brushed it off by giving the same responses, ("If I complain, you're the one who does the same thing!" or "If I complain, you're the one who shouts all the time!") What does that even mean? Where is it gonna get us?

Don't know what you're trying to tell me, either, so I guess we're even.

Actually, he didn't start the thread - not that that makes him any less of a drongo but just pointing out that this is a thread started by the moderator.

Quote:
Oleg sucks at writing this topic because his opinions are one-sided and insensitive, and definitely ignorant. But yet you're claiming that some posters here also are? You can't have it both ways, they wrote because he posted. Even afterwards, you claim that they are just as insensitive and ignorant as the person that they're trying to show differing opinions to.
I'm slightly confused, why can't you have it both ways? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Oleg seems to have done exactly what he planned to do, i.e. irritate, enrage and provoke people, and he is no doubt reading this thread having a good chuckle. I doubt he cares less either way about adoption except that it is obvious he hates his cousin for inheriting the family money instead of him.

As for yourself, your comment here shows that you know little about adoption yourself. You might like to do a little bit more reading.

Quote:
Your mother and father gave you up for a reason. They cannot take care of you. Hell, you may have even been an accident for them. I'm tired of people ignorantly saying that these are the real parents or whatever. How can they be real parents if they never had intentions of being parents in the first place? Or even in the cases that they did, they were taken away or given up for a reason! Dude.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,153,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post

Actually, he didn't start the thread - not that that makes him any less of a drongo but just pointing out that this is a thread started by the moderator.

I'm slightly confused, why can't you have it both ways? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Oleg seems to have done exactly what he planned to do, i.e. irritate, enrage and provoke people, and he is no doubt reading this thread having a good chuckle. I doubt he cares less either way about adoption except that it is obvious he hates his cousin for inheriting the family money instead of him.

As for yourself, your comment here shows that you know little about adoption yourself. You might like to do a little bit more reading.
He indeed started the thread. See this, and I don't care if it was moved/another comment/whatever because by the time I first saw it, he was the OP of this thread. After reading that, I'm already not believing the rest of your lines. Is everyone on troll mode, 'cause it sure seems like it and I don't think I'll be making another post in this already lengthy thread.

Obviously only one party is right... both can't be. There is no way anyone they can and can't be parents at the same time.

Because she's saying that both of them are being ignorant. What sense does that make? The OP is ignorant and the responses are ignorant. Like I said, they wrote because he posted. Did you even read my post? Going back and looking at what was said is completely laughable.

Oleg disappeared so I am not gonna address the rest of the comments. You're confused. That says a lot.

If I'm wrong, then so are a bunch of news articles. What specifically do you think is so negative about that comment that you had to end up quoting it? I had friends who were adopted and that was what I heard as well. Guess we're just gonna be the Wrong Party, then. Considering the top three reasons people do give kids up is because they cannot financially provide for them, are born to young single mothers, or have been mistreated I don't see where I'm wrong.

Last edited by Elle Oh Elle; 10-27-2012 at 11:03 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,153,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
To be fair to the OP, he didn't actually start this thread - the original comment was posted in reply to one entitled "should we tell children they are adopted" or something like that. The first 4 posters on here posted in reply and then it was separated and renamed by the moderators. So he is still being offensive but he didn't create this thread himself.
Well regardless (I saw this after making my above post), he remains the first post in this thread. I'm not sure why they bothered investing in a brand new thread just for those four. Just a matter of time 'til we reach shutdown.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,691 times
Quote:
Well regardless (I saw this after making my above post), he remains the first post in this thread. I'm not sure why they bothered investing in a brand new thread just for those four. Just a matter of time 'til we reach shutdown.
I believe the point is that saying people who were unable to parent their children are not mothers or fathers is just as offensive & ignorant as what Oleg has said.

(the only exception being if someone is referencing their individual family & no one else's).

Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,747,046 times
Quote:
1. Just responding to what you said earlier with real-life examples of what I see your post being. The last line basically sums it up. What did anyone expect? People on CD can be hawkish and detailed? If you make a post and put it out in the open, you gotta deal with responses. Otherwise, don't even bother writing.

You just mentioned that many of us are doing the same thing as him. Oleg sucks at writing this topic because his opinions are one-sided and insensitive, and definitely ignorant. But yet you're claiming that some posters here also are? You can't have it both ways, they wrote because he posted. Even afterwards, you claim that they are just as insensitive and ignorant as the person that they're trying to show differing opinions to.

2. Maybe not listing them, but trying to bring something about them that bothers you up to them (ex. "I noticed you tend to complain a lot.") She doesn't accept criticism well, so she just brushed it off by giving the same responses, ("If I complain, you're the one who does the same thing!" or "If I complain, you're the one who shouts all the time!") What does that even mean? Where is it gonna get us?

Don't know what you're trying to tell me, either, so I guess we're even.
Maybe you should reread my post. I never complained once about Oleg being "hawkish and detailed" neither or which applies here, just might want to look those words up fyi. Example, hawkish tends to mean people who advocate for war.

Anyway, I stand by my posts. Oleg thinks he can define who is or is not a parent for adoptees and their families. Braunwyn thinks she can decided who is or is not a parent for everyone else. The fact that she and others with similar viewpoints think Oleg is completely out of line and insensitive are in fact doing the exact same thing. Not sure how that is "hawkish" or "detailed"??

As for your issues with other people, I suspect you can dish it out but not take it. For example, about you, it bothers me that your posts are nearly incomprehensible (as stated in my prior post) and that you have some serious vocabulary issues. Yet didnt you respond with "Don't know what you're trying to tell me, either, so I guess we're even." ? Sounds a lot like your examples for brushing it off.

Eh, its irrelevant to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption