Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 06:39 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,271 times

Advertisements

We recently filled out the app through Heartfelt to foster 3 weeks ago. We haven’t heard anything back yet. Does it normally take this long? We requested a pre-teen close to my son’s age. Can you please share your experiences with me? I would love to add to our family and possibly adopt. I just don’t know what to expect. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 02:43 PM

322 posts, read 317,482 times
Do you mean "Heartfelt Calling" out of South Carolina?

https://heartfeltcalling.org/

Heartfelt Calling, a program of the South Carolina Foster Parent Association, is the first point of contact for anyone in South Carolina wanting to start the process to become licensed as a regular (non-therapeutic) foster home or approved to adopt with DSS.

There have been issues where this program failed to disclose histories for the children they were trying to adopt. Someone is editing case files. Sexual issues and drugs issues are being deleted or lost. The claim is that materials were lost due to the time the child was in care. I would recommend retaining counsel to ensure that you get all the case files and they are complete. I would refuse to finalize the adoption until missing case information is located.

Good Luck and I hope you are not impacted by this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption