Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 07:43 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I swear, sometimes lately I feel and think we are hurtling toward the year 3000 at almost the speed of light!

Of course, I know that is a huge exaggeration, but "Stop this world, I want to get off!"

(I didn't feel this way to nearly this extent even five years ago, but I do now.)

And this is not due to the exact topic of this thread, but the idea that all of our actions and behaviors might soon be observed by some kind of unseen entity.

Sort of like God or Santa Claus I was taught as a child, but much, much worse.
It sees you when you're sleeping, it knows when you're awake.

WiFi routers can see people through walls. Here’s how it works
With the help of AI, the researchers were able to detect the movement of human bodies in a room using Wi-Fi routers -- even through walls.

Last edited by notnamed; 07-19-2023 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 07:46 AM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Individuals and law enforcement officials cannot conduct surveillance without limits, however. Constitutionally, the Fourth Amendment protects individuals from unreasonable searches and seizures, and this can protect individuals against surveillance.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/surveillance

It seems that doesn't apply anymore.

We are catching up with China pretty quickly.

2021 was the year when the one-billionth CCTV camera was predicted to be installed. That’s one camera per every eight humans on Earth. But they are not spread out equally. In China and the US, for example, there is already one camera per 4.1 and 4.6 people, respectively.
The average U.S. city has around six cameras per 1,000 people.

https://surfshark.com/surveillance-cities

Old 07-19-2023, 07:48 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
CMEO, hopefully heroic Biden can win this poor Soldier's freedom.
Did you post this in the wrong thread?

Old 07-19-2023, 07:48 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Can't wait to see this challenged in court.

And it totally will be challenged and no doubt thrown out.

The major problem with AI is the people that are programming it and which way their politics and world view influence it.

Old 07-19-2023, 07:51 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
And it totally will be challenged and no doubt thrown out.

The major problem with AI is the people that are programming it and which way their politics and world view influence it.
Well it's trained largely by scouring the internet. Like making a person out of online comments and social media posts. Which can be...problematic.

Old 07-19-2023, 08:03 AM

7,268 posts, read 3,790,642 times
Not in my house! HA!

https://beta.ems.ladbiblegroup.com/s...ff59384593.png

Old 07-19-2023, 09:11 AM

22,658 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
CMEO, hopefully heroic Biden can win this poor Soldier's freedom.
OOPS, my apologies, wrong thread, please ignore my goooof!

Old 07-19-2023, 03:30 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
More surveillance, now analyzed by AI.

Artificial intelligence is helping American cops look for “suspicious” patterns of movement, digging through license plate databases with billions of records. A drug trafficking case in New York has uncloaked — and challenged — one of the biggest rollouts of the controversial technology to date.

In pursuit of that elusive profit, the market is looking beyond law enforcement to retail and fast food.
Corporate giants have toyed with the idea of tying license plates to customer identities. McDonalds and White Castle have already begun using ALPR to tailor drive-through experiences, detecting returning customers and using past orders to guide them through the ordering process or offer individualized promotion offers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...r-ai-criminal/ (maybe paywalled)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuzeH8sMKK1/
Is anyone shock that this could happen? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI