Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 05:39 PM

419 posts, read 388,908 times

Advertisements

I have gone 17 times over the past 3 months for allergy shots. Last week the nurse administering the shots told me I had reached maintenance phase and should go down to once every two weeks. I went for another shot today and the nurse didn't understand why I was back so soon.

One month ago, I met with the allergist who told me I needed to increase the once-per-week shots I was getting to twice per week. He also said it would take an additional 3 months from that date (one month ago) to get to maintenance phase.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood the doctor or if the nurse received wrong information. Are 16 allergy shots generally enough to reach maintenance phase? I was diagnosed with just about every allergy imaginable and receive 3 injections each time. I never had any problems and was able to increase the doses normally.

I'm waiting to hear back from them but feel that everybody is confused. There is definitely some miscommunication that needs to be sorted.

Does anyone remember how many allergy shots you had before reaching maintenance so I can have a general idea? Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 06:01 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,762,957 times
With traditional allergy shots it took a long time. I don't remember but it may even have been a year before I noticed any improvement.

Later on I had a different kind of allergy shot with a lot more preliminary testing but they worked in a few weeks.

It sounds like your allergist is correct and the nurse is wrong.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:17 AM

419 posts, read 388,908 times
Thanks for the info in_newengland. I also believe the allergist is correct and only hope they follow thru with asking the doctor. It looks like it may be an uphill battle getting this straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies