Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,946,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
LOL, thanks with the spelling, I spelled it how it sounded I guess

Yea she has that, and it sucks!! I just hope the strain will pass and she won't be plagued by this.
Here is some reading. From national institute of health.

MRSA - PubMed Health
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,807,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

MRSA - PubMed Health

thank you

Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,946,756 times
Quote:
thank you
In your case your daughter might be okay. It is something to keep in mind though. Something to discuss with your doctor.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:

MRSA - PubMed Health

Oh puddin, I just got scared. The deaths that can be caused by MRSA?!! And my friend died yesterday due to pneumonia. I don't think she can spend the night at her papa's house anymore.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
In your case your daughter might be okay. It is something to keep in mind though. Something to discuss with your doctor.

they are putting this in her medical history. My dad usually takes her to go see his parishoners in the hospital, let her play all outside, and if she drops into bed and goes to sleep, he won't wake her up, and she goes a day or two without showering. That's probably why she got this infection.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM

687 posts, read 1,499,958 times
I told you about my son's boil. Several months after his, my daughter got a "cold sore" on her lip. Within a couple of days it was huge. Having recently gone through the boil incident with my son, we took her to Urgent Care right away. They swore it was a cold sore and refused to do anything about it. The next day it was actually oozing and dripping down her face (sorry so graphic). Urgent Care AGAIN said it was just a cold sore, but decided maybe they could do some tests. A full week after her first doctor's visit, we received a call that it was MRSA. She was given antibiotics, it healed up, and there has been no recurrence. I also had one boil when I was 9, and have never had another. I hope this will be a one time thing for your daughter.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
I told you about my son's boil. Several months after his, my daughter got a "cold sore" on her lip. Within a couple of days it was huge. Having recently gone through the boil incident with my son, we took her to Urgent Care right away. They swore it was a cold sore and refused to do anything about it. The next day it was actually oozing and dripping down her face (sorry so graphic). Urgent Care AGAIN said it was just a cold sore, but decided maybe they could do some tests. A full week after her first doctor's visit, we received a call that it was MRSA. She was given antibiotics, it healed up, and there has been no recurrence. I also had one boil when I was 9, and have never had another. I hope this will be a one time thing for your daughter.

Wow, thanks for the stories. I hope it's a one time deal for my baby too. And I'm glad there has not been any recurrences.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,762,456 times
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the stories. I hope it's a one time deal for my baby too. And I'm glad there has not been any recurrences.
Relax....MRSA is present everywhere and we're all exposed to it. Keep her immune system healthy, make sure she eats right and gets plenty of rest and research HERBAL antibiotics! Don't panic mom. Oh, and by the way.....ANGER has nothing to do with boils or MRSA. Yes, she may "harbor" MRSA, but as long as you keep her immune system strong and do that research .....she will be just fine.

You might also want to pick up some Staph-A-Septic at your local drug store and pick up some Gold Bond, moisturizing hand sanitizer. They contain Benzethonium Chloride, which works well against MRSA. Please though.....please, look into herbs which bolster the immune system and herbs which FIGHT staph. You'll be fine, just stay on top of every "owie".

Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Relax....MRSA is present everywhere and we're all exposed to it. Keep her immune system healthy, make sure she eats right and gets plenty of rest and research HERBAL antibiotics! Don't panic mom. Oh, and by the way.....ANGER has nothing to do with boils or MRSA. Yes, she may "harbor" MRSA, but as long as you keep her immune system strong and do that research .....she will be just fine.

You might also want to pick up some Staph-A-Septic at your local drug store and pick up some Gold Bond, moisturizing hand sanitizer. They contain Benzethonium Chloride, which works well against MRSA. Please though.....please, look into herbs which bolster the immune system and herbs which FIGHT staph. You'll be fine, just stay on top of every "owie".

thank you i will. i'm a bit of a worry wart, but i'm trying not to be. i will get some herbs in my home as well, and keep my baby cleany clean!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,876,999 times
Quote:
thank you i will. i'm a bit of a worry wart, but i'm trying not to be. i will get some herbs in my home as well, and keep my baby cleany clean!
You know, I'm not sure that keeping her clean is as important as making sure she has good intestinal flora. If you think about it, the human race has been around a long time--long before daily showers and anti-bacterial soaps came into fashion. One way that we're really unbalanced though and more studies are verifying this, is in our gut bacteria and your dd will be more unbalanced now after her bout with antibiotics. You may want to get her a good probiotic to get her bacteria more in balance and there are several foods that can help too, like kefir and yogurt. There is a lot of talk going around too that antibacterial stuff is causing these superbugs. I actually don't know if you use those but thought I'd mention it for others sakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine