Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 8,557 times

Advertisements

There is NO DOUBT iodonie is important for intercellular function. I take it every day. It is also EXTREMELY important to take this if you are taking testosterone. It is crucial for transport of T INTO the CELLS. Your Free Testosterone floats happily around without Iodine, but to get Testosterone INTO the CELLS, you gotta have Iodine.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:30 AM

617 posts, read 1,202,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
With Fukushima in mind, anyone on the west coast should give serious consideration to iodine supplementation.
Contrary to popular belief, iodine will NOT protect you from Cesium-137 or Strontium-90.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
I still take the Iodoral and would like to learn how to make my own Lugols.

Still as fluoride free as possible. Wouldn't eat the bread/pasta unless organic--gluten free because of contamination.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:53 PM

290 posts, read 921,581 times
I am going to order the J.CROW'S Lugol's Solution from Amazon. What's the best way to use it? A drop or two in filtered water? Or topically?

Old 01-25-2014, 05:47 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,300 times
Iodine is also amazing for knocking out a lot of stomach bugs you may experience traveling to less santary countries. It is great for Montezuma's Revenge, or travelers diarrhea.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Iodine is also amazing for knocking out a lot of stomach bugs you may experience traveling to less santary countries. It is great for Montezuma's Revenge, or travelers diarrhea.

I was aware it is used as a disinfectant, for I use liquid in water to wash my veggies and fruits. (My raw dairy farmer also uses it for the cow's bottoms--and isn't it used before surgery??) I don't know about stomach bugs, tho. Liquid oral drops maybe?

Or, too much magnesium along with the iodine perhaps? Can you furnish some data on that, please. I am very interested. I have been taking oral pill for Iodine for many years. I also did the detox by taking some pretty high doses of the iodine and not once was there any problems.

But, I don't have an issue with stomach bugs, either. I thought it was the oregano oil.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:23 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,076 times
What kind of iodine is everyone buying/using?

Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
What kind of iodine is everyone buying/using?
Iodoral tablets. The 50 mg. I sometimes break in half for the 25 mg amount.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:57 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,681 times
I guess there's a time for everything because when I began posting about iodine 2 or more years ago I got a lot of flack about it, perhaps one or two of you who were around then will remember. The Alt Med forum didn't exist then so I posted I suppose in more "sensitive" places and some people apparently felt very offended that I'd have "the nerve" to suggest iodine could prevent several types of cancer, mainly b/c (which my mother died of). I guess because of the misery they had already gone through it was intolerable to even think they might've so easily prevented it... My opponents used a then very effective strategy of relentlessly attacking me and demanding "proof". I naively tried to defend myself, not knowing that that's exactly what they were hoping for, they were friends with one or more of the mods so they reported me and managed to get the threads closed and me banned from here for a good while, but I figured that if at least a few people got to read the info and/or watch the videos I posted it was well worth it. So I'm really PLEASED to see that someone else started a thread about iodine and that quite a few responders are taking it.

As for myself, I had read about it many many years ago in Adelle Davis books, so I never quite bought the "boogy-man" stand about iodine being dangerous, but with no internet back then I didn't think Lugol's Iodine could be obtained anywhere, so at first I just took some kelp tablets on occasion, however, their iodine content is very low. When I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in '00, which runs in my family btw, I bought kelp tabs again but I couldn't feel a difference. It wasn't until I think '06 that I finally ordered some Lugol's from JCrows and began taking a drop 3x/week, but I didn't know much about bromide or the other halogens that interfere with its absorption, except fluoride because a naturopath I saw in '01 had told me to stay away from it because of my thyroid.

Then, in '07, precisely when my mother's b/c methastasized, because I'd practically stopped taking my Lugol's, I went back to the JCrows website to re-read the article that had instructions on how to use it and that's when I found a letter from one of the doctors involved in iodine research about the link to several types of cancer, 3 of them that had occurred in my mother's family, so I felt I'd been led there by God. I believed the letter mentioned the iodine4health.com website, now called Iodine Research - Resource Network for the Iodine Movement, and as usually happens, one link lead to another and I discovered 2 online groups of people who were taking either Lugol's or Iodoral, with and without medical supervision. When I read about the "bromide detox" I decided to use do it on my own. By then I'd learned about Breast Cancer Choices Iodine Resources and Research Pages and the "salt loading" to offset symptoms of excess bromide, which was a blessing because I did experience some adverse effects in the beginning, not the frontal headaches but worse, symptoms that I thought were of "hyperthyroidism" because my heart began to race, etc., but the salt loading took care of those. I have to clarify that I did not start with the full 50 mg. dosage but started very low and increased progressively precisely out of fear of a strong reaction, and I can't remember at which point I got the bad symptoms. All I remember is that I accidentally progressed to 75 mg. or more because I was measuring the drops "horizontally" instead of vertically and I actually felt the best ever, my depression lifted and I felt a clarity of mind I had not had in years.

I can't remember either how long I stayed on the 50 mg. dosage, but I believe the detox was to be done for only for a couple of weeks. I think I stayed on it for several days and then began scaling back again and remained on a maintenance dosage. I've wanted to do another detox but now that I'm older and live alone I'm a bit chicken about the "rebound symptoms" because for other reasons I've had bouts of irregular heartbeats and each time it was scary to say the least, so I've just continued to take Lugol's about one drop every one or two days.

Iodine is good for many things, including prevention of some types of hairloss and the premature graying of hair. Back in '07 when I traveled to see my mother in the Dominican Republic, my sisters remarked how full my hair was and I told her iodine might've had something to do with it. It's peculiar that one "symptom" of hypothyroidism is hairloss, also premature graying, which happened to me, perhaps if I'd begun taking iodine earlier I might've prevented the death of my hair's "melanocytes" too. It's also peculiar to me that premature graying "runs" in my mother's family, as well as eye and skin problems, all things iodine can prevent, but some people would quickly attribute things like that to "genes" when in reality it could be just deficiencies due to the entire family's learned way of eating and lifestyle.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
^ I am taking Thyroplex which is intended to support the thyroid. Consists of iodine, Selenium & Zinc.

I was not aware of Iodine and premature greying, thought that was related to a vitamin B deficiency. In terms of hair, I have found magnesium to be the best source to improve thickness. I'll read into the iodine affects. Thanks for posting this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine