Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 04:44 PM

11,443 posts, read 630,130 times

Advertisements

No they are not Jamin!!

There are ALOT MORE ALTERNATIVE WAYS than they want people to know about!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 04:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,855,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
No they are not Jamin!!

There are ALOT MORE ALTERNATIVE WAYS than they want people to know about!!
Don't know what the above means...

Old 03-19-2020, 05:26 PM

11,443 posts, read 630,130 times
I meant there are alot more alternative things (Meds and such) then they want people to know of....... (Maybe my reply wasnt the best on THIS thread)

I guess what I was trying to say at first was NO THEY ARE NOT SNAKE SALESMAN... They know what they are talking about....

Sorry for the confusion..

Old 03-21-2020, 11:46 PM

19,290 posts, read 16,818,329 times
I completely agree about strengthening the immune system. I've been watching a health channel on YT that has dedicated all current videos to the COVID-19 outbreak. Many of them deal with ways to eat to heighten our defense against viruses. Not surprising to learn many of what is recommended, I'm already doing and have been for years. Even something as simple as eating garlic will boost your immunity. But there are so many others herbs and foods that will help.

You cannot fight an infection if your body isn't strong enough to do it.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:49 AM

5,041 posts, read 3,353,031 times
Dr John Campbell UK has videos on immunity, and vitamin D, avoid viruses etc. See...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt2CBtukxtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yVGmfivAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otl55TejBEE&t=4s

Old 03-22-2020, 04:28 AM

239 posts, read 159,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
This is more important than handwashing and avoiding crowds
Certainly helping boost you immune system is important, but to claim it's more important than handwashing and avoiding crowds is ridiculous.

Having a good immune system is good for fighting the virus, but more important is preventing the virus even entering your system, this can be greatly aided by handwashing and avoiding crowds.

Old 03-22-2020, 04:34 AM

30,760 posts, read 19,421,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Your immune system! These are essential for a well-functioning immune system to prevent illness:
  • Eat a diet that supports optimal immune function such as lean protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats. Include herbs in your meals with antiviral and other healthful compounds such as garlic, basil, oregano, sage, rosemary, lemon balm, fennel, cinnamon, ginger and others; they are not just for flavor. Avoid sugars, alcohol, and refined, overly-processed foods and smoking.
  • Get adequate sleep.
  • Keep up physical activity/exercise.
  • Try to reduce stress. As stress increases, cortisol levels go up which negatively impacts immune function.

Nutritional supplements may help if your diet is not optimal, such as zinc, selenium, vitamin C, probiotics.

Address any underlying or chronic illness to avoid worse outcomes.

Plant medicines known to prevent some viruses may work against novel coronavirus too, such as echinacea, elderberry, licorice root, calendula, North American ginseng and others.

High humidity reduces survival for other viruses so a humidifier might help with this virus too.

Anything else other than to avoid large crowds and touching eyes, nose and mouth; handwashing; wearing gloves and using hand sanitizers?
I agree! If, as some are saying, most everyone will eventually get covid-19 virus, the stronger your immune system, the better. Hopefully, self isolation will keep wife and I from getting it until they have the most robust treatment protocol. In the meantime, our strategy is to take care of our immune system.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:48 AM

118 posts, read 107,828 times
Thanks for those videos probably the best I have seen in a long time. I was impressed by the evidence presented. We are not helpless, we can do things (like staying home) to help ourselves, our loved ones and our community.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:40 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,855,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
Certainly helping boost you immune system is important, but to claim it's more important than handwashing and avoiding crowds is ridiculous.

Having a good immune system is good for fighting the virus, but more important is preventing the virus even entering your system, this can be greatly aided by handwashing and avoiding crowds.
I'll disagree with this, immune system is first, hand washing is important but not #1 and in my long life I've never been a fanatic hand washer and never sick either.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:02 PM

239 posts, read 159,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'll disagree with this, immune system is first, hand washing is important but not #1 and in my long life I've never been a fanatic hand washer and never sick either.
We're not talking about a simple infection here, we're talking about a deadly virus that's new, we don't have any immunity developed in our bodies against this, it's new, keeping it out if possible, is paramount.

People are dying with this all over the world, first line of defense has to be doing everything possible to keep it out of our system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine