Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:34 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times

Advertisements

Biggest thing is you want to get your SUGAR and BLOOD PRESSURE under control.

Prevention

1.Sleep
2.exercise(30min or 15min HIIT)
3.diet(low sugar-bread/pasta)/ Vitamin regimen
4.quecetin/vitaminC empty stomach - preventative+cytokine storm inhibitor
5. natto - improve blood viscosity + clear potential blood clots
6.oxygen finger tester

If symptoms - Get Tested

1.Salt water gargle
2.more Natto
3.more Vitamin C
4.add 10mg zinc to quercetin(500mg x2daily)
5.glutathione
6.curcumin
7.allicin garlic x3
8. Potassium
9.Make sure hospital checks your insulin levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 12:11 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I watched the doctor who does MedCram videos on You Tube
I enjoy his info and delivery and think he has reliable science/medical background
He said that he takes Quercetin dairy as an enhancement for his immune system
So I got some
It is also supposed to help with high blood pressure—which I have a mild form of
I have been taking two capsules daily for more than two months
Have had no issue with CoVid 19 itself but had my bi-annual checkup with my PCP this week and my BP was the same—slightly elevated
So I don’t see that taking the Quercetin helped with the BP issue at all
Didn’t hurt anything because my lab work was good
The PCP changed my cholesterol med in Oct from one I have been on for more than 10 yrs and the new med had helped lower couple of levels to normal range—so that was good—take Lowe dose of it

But was disappointed that the reported benefit of Quercetin on BP did not show up for me

Took Zinc early on but stopped doing that so much after my son died from cancer in early April
Guess I don’t care so much now...
So sorry for your loss....

I never got on the quercetin wagon, but do take higher dosing of Vit C for years and then the Grape Seed Ex which I've preached about here and everywhere I go which I"ve taken for 25 yrs starting with it's mother Pycnogenol and we were lectured at the time "may prevent cancers".... no colds or flues here in all these yrs...

We all have our arsenals and timing on life's experiences. Being at the right place at the right time counts for so so much in life.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-27-2020 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 05:26 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have not read the article from Daily Kos info but the Truths from those in Higher Places,,,,????? Thankfully I have my Truths.

I'm off and on hearing about the manipulation of the death counts on the CV...it's like so many dying now have CV on their death certificate.... Something about hospitals getting more $$$ from their cases and deaths...how true, who knows.
If you do not know whether it is true, why post as if it is?

Hospitals are being reimbursed at a slightly higher rate for providing medical care for people with COVID-19. That is because of the additional expenses incurred in providing that care. They are not paid extra if a patient dies.

As villageidiot1 explained, COVID-19 deaths are being under reported.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:50 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Hospitals are being reimbursed at a slightly higher rate for providing medical care for people with COVID-19. That is because of the additional expenses incurred in providing that care. They are not paid extra if a patient dies.

Oh all that is posted around here are the TRUTHS, huh?????

Old 06-27-2020, 06:39 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
...But was disappointed that the reported benefit of Quercetin on BP did not show up for me...
Where did you read the quercetin helps BP ?

Some say that it's a cytokine storm inhibitor, but it's more commonly recognized for its other influences on immune system function: mostly as a mast cell stabilizer, and as an anti-histamine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Excellent link, thank you for sharing.

Last edited by JG183; 06-27-2020 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-04-2020, 12:09 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Biggest thing is you want to get your SUGAR and BLOOD PRESSURE under control.

Prevention

1.Sleep
2.exercise(30min or 15min HIIT)
3.diet(low sugar-bread/pasta)/ Vitamin regimen
4.quecetin/vitaminC empty stomach - preventative+cytokine storm inhibitor
5. natto - improve blood viscosity + clear potential blood clots
6.oxygen finger tester

If symptoms - Get Tested

1.Salt water gargle
2.more Natto
3.more Vitamin C
4.add 10mg zinc to quercetin(500mg x2daily)
5.glutathione
6.curcumin
7.allicin garlic x3
8. Potassium
9.Make sure hospital checks your insulin levels.

Notice diabetes is one of those pre-existing conditions that set you up to get hit hard by covid19. So anything you can do to keep your blood sugar down, like a low carb diet, probably good thing. Even without covid19, be good thing for T2 diabetic or pre-diabetic for that matter. And you dont have to go keto, nor eat a cow. You can keep carbs low even on vegetarian diet. Its just lot harder.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Where did you read the quercetin helps BP ?
Excellent link, thank you for sharing.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17951477/

There are others out there is you look

Old 07-06-2020, 05:45 PM

322 posts, read 281,471 times
Quote:

Which tests are used? And, would you feel that if you were the admin at the hosp and could get a little EXTRA for EACH covid admit and even more if that patient was coma/vented - and knowing the new death certifying guidelines state guessing and assuming - would you be more inclined to find corona more often, or just list as such?

It is very confusing:

If you test positive-

A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-overview.html)
SOOOOO, how in the world can they positively diagnose???

There is this as well: It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. March 4, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/c...-19-Deaths.pdf

So there is incentive for some struggling hospitals dealing with very old and very sick older folks, then you have a who knows type of testing procedure, along with hey, test could show because of someone with a cold. I am def on the denier boat. This was planned. For there are NOT very many OLDER politicians, hollywood, rich folk dying at all. Seems to go after just the old ones. Being a little choosey, no? Should MASSIVE TRUE NUMBERS be reported? MASSIVE. First ones out of the gate I doubt at all. Maybe some of the extra funds can be spent paying auditors of ALL THOSE DEATH certificates. Just a thought

Old 07-06-2020, 09:57 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
Which tests are used? And, would you feel that if you were the admin at the hosp and could get a little EXTRA for EACH covid admit and even more if that patient was coma/vented - and knowing the new death certifying guidelines state guessing and assuming - would you be more inclined to find corona more often, or just list as such?

It is very confusing:

If you test positive-

A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-overview.html)
SOOOOO, how in the world can they positively diagnose???

There is this as well: It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death. March 4, 2020 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/c...-19-Deaths.pdf

So there is incentive for some struggling hospitals dealing with very old and very sick older folks, then you have a who knows type of testing procedure, along with hey, test could show because of someone with a cold. I am def on the denier boat. This was planned. For there are NOT very many OLDER politicians, hollywood, rich folk dying at all. Seems to go after just the old ones. Being a little choosey, no? Should MASSIVE TRUE NUMBERS be reported? MASSIVE. First ones out of the gate I doubt at all. Maybe some of the extra funds can be spent paying auditors of ALL THOSE DEATH certificates. Just a thought
Hospitals get paid by Medicare by the diagnosis, not whether the patient lives or dies. What is on the death certificate does not impact what they are paid at all. Since some COVID-19 patients are spending an extended length of time in the ICU, Medicare is paying 20% more for patients with ICU stays whether they live or die.

COVID-19 in the hospital is diagnosed with the nasal swab test, not antibodies. That test is specifically for SARS-CoV-2. There has been a problem with false negative tests, so a diagnosis of presumed COVID-19 is allowed, because if the clinical picture is compatible with COVID-19, the patient most likely has COVID-19, not one of the other coronaviruses that generally does not cause severe symptoms and require hospitalization.

Faking COVID-19 diagnoses would be fraud, which can result in large fines and being kicked out of Medicare or off of a commercial insurance plan's provider list.

The antibody tests vary in their accuracy. This article explains how it works:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...st-performance

Antibody tests are useful for people who may never have had a test for the virus because they were not sick enough to go to the hospital. Eventually such tests help to estimate how many people in a population have been infected. Antibodies are not normally used for diagnosis because they take time to appear and are not detectable early in the course of COVID-19.

Here is a list of some entertainment celebrities who have died from COVID-19.

https://ew.com/celebrity/celebrity-d...onavirus-2020/

More, with some duplicates from the other link:

https://www.businessinsider.com/high...-today-show-17

Politicians who have been diagnosed with the virus, including deaths:

https://ballotpedia.org/Government_o...pandemic,_2020

It was affluent people who got the pandemic rolling. Remember those cruise ships? Poor people are not buying cruises and airplane tickets.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 07-06-2020 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-07-2020, 06:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
I am def on the denier boat. This was planned.
Enough said!

Quote:
Hospitals get paid by Medicare by the diagnosis, not whether the patient lives or dies. What is on the death certificate does not impact what they are paid at all. Since some COVID-19 patients are spending an extended length of time in the ICU, Medicare is paying 20% more for patients with ICU stays whether they live or die.

COVID-19 in the hospital is diagnosed with the nasal swab test, not antibodies. That test is specifically for SARS-CoV-2. There has been a problem with false negative tests, so a diagnosis of presumed COVID-19 is allowed, because if the clinical picture is compatible with COVID-19, the patient most likely has COVID-19, not one of the other coronaviruses that generally does not cause severe symptoms and require hospitalization.

Faking COVID-19 diagnoses would be fraud, which can result in large fines and being kicked out of Medicare or off of a commercial insurance plan's provider list.

The antibody tests vary in their accuracy. This article explains how it works:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...st-performance

Antibody tests are useful for people who may never have had a test for the virus because they were not sick enough to go to the hospital. Eventually such tests help to estimate how many people in a population have been infected. Antibodies are not normally used for diagnosis because they take time to appear and are not detectable early in the course of COVID-19.

Here is a list of some entertainment celebrities who have died from COVID-19.

https://ew.com/celebrity/celebrity-d...onavirus-2020/

More, with some duplicates from the other link:

https://www.businessinsider.com/high...-today-show-17

Politicians who have been diagnosed with the virus, including deaths:

https://ballotpedia.org/Government_o...pandemic,_2020

It was affluent people who got the pandemic rolling. Remember those cruise ships? Poor people are not buying cruises and airplane tickets.
Fantastic post!

Regarding "Faking COVID-19 diagnoses would be fraud..." all someone needs to understand is Medicare fraud and whistleblowers. See:

https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/whistleblower/

https://www.whistleblowers.org/faq/m...edicaid-fraud/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine