Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 02:30 PM

734 posts, read 482,656 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I am sorry to bother you all, but I am trying to find out all the ingredients of TSY-1, a powerful supplement used for years to treat bone marrow failure diseases in China. I've contacted TCM doctors online, but none has responded to me. I don't speak Mandarin, so that doesn't help things. There are no TCM doctors where I live in the US. And many are not interested in helping you if you don't plan on being a patient at their clinics.

There is talk of the herb online, but it is only discussed in scientific research terms in English. These sites don't share with you on how to contact someone to access the herbal concoction.

Research was done at UCLA a few years ago, all concluding that the herbal concoction is indeed effective in treating bone marrow failure diseases, particularly severe autoimmune aplastic anemia, when Western standard treatments don't seem to work. But it can be used as the primary medicine in China for the disease.

Aplastic anemia is very rare in the West. I doubt anybody on here is familiar with it. It's an autoimmune bone marrow failure disease where your body attacks your bone marrow (T-lymphocytes mistake bone marrow as foreign invader). There is a lot of mystery about the disease. It's more common in the Far East. When it's severe, you have to get blood (low hemoglobin) and platelet transfusions; also, your neutrophils are often low, making you more prone to bacterial infections. The standard treatment in the West is horse-atg + cyclosporine + eltrombopag. But it doesn't work in all patients with the disease.

Please take care, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 02:12 AM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancaisDeutsch View Post
Hello everyone!

I am sorry to bother you all, but I am trying to find out all the ingredients of TSY-1, a powerful supplement used for years to treat bone marrow failure diseases in China. I've contacted TCM doctors online, but none has responded to me. I don't speak Mandarin, so that doesn't help things. There are no TCM doctors where I live in the US. And many are not interested in helping you if you don't plan on being a patient at their clinics.

There is talk of the herb online, but it is only discussed in scientific research terms in English. These sites don't share with you on how to contact someone to access the herbal concoction.
I found this paper.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/268...599.1652594368

It gives the ingredients but it seems impossible to duplicate it at a local herbalist due to the method of extraction.

"Unlike most Chinese medicine, which is typically prepared by boiling, TSY-1 is extracted through a distillation process of multiple Chinese herbs: almond, pericarpium citri reticulatae viride, mangnolia officinalis, frankincense, and schisandra chinensis"

The paper also mentions who makes it.

"TSY-1 liquid of 10ml/vial, batch No. YZ130506, with a content of crude drug of 0.62 g/ml, with the purified drug concentration of 1mg/ml, was provided by Beijing Boyuantaihe Biological Technology Co., Ltd"

That paper was also listed on this site.

https://www.pacherbs.com/wp-content/...nese-herbs.pdf

Backspace to their main page. They might know where to get it but I think it is a long shot.

https://www.pacherbs.com/

Let's try a search for that company with Baidu.

https://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&f=8...e&rsv_jmp=fail

The first result appears to give the address and contact info for the herbal company but they want you to register to access it.

https://www.qcc.com/weblogin?back=%2...ddd2297ce.html

Lets try another Chinese search engine called Sogou

https://www.sogou.com/web?query=Beij...=1652599459741

From there we get the Chinese name for that company. Lets use it in a Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E5%...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The first result gives some info. I use Chrome translate to view this page in English.

https://www.onedow.com/company/ioV3DD/

Here is another result and number 18 seems to be the one you are looking for. I view it using Chrome translate.

中央政府采购网-电子化政府采购平台

I hope this helps. They may not sell retail for export.

You might also contact online herb sellers like tsemporium but I also think this is a long shot. You might also try contacting the authors of the paper.

Old 05-15-2022, 08:32 AM

Dear Capoeria,

You will never know how much I appreciate your post above. I am most grateful for your help and kindness.

In the meantime, I can try to use those herbs, even though I can't duplicate the herbal extract concoction that's actually used. I am sure it is produced regularly in China and Taiwan, but getting it sent to me is another story. I can try to find out somehow. You never know.

Again, your info is invaluable. So appreciative...

Much peace and love to you

Old 05-15-2022, 06:11 PM

133 posts, read 95,482 times
Capoeria's post was very good in that it directly addressed your immediate problem.

What I'm about to suggest may be miles wide of the mark, but it may be worth a shot, if you have not already given it a try.

As a result of multiple misdiagnoses of my own medical conditions by the medical profession since I was a teenager, it has become something of a hobby of mine to check biomedical literature on all sorts of subjects, particularly as it relates to geriatric diseases. I can't see any harm in trying something that will cause no harm and which just may have some application to your own condition.

I came across a 2008 paper recording AA in association with gluten sensitivity in 3 people -- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1.2008.07341.x. It's worth a read, and it only requires limiting your diet to gluten-free products, which are clearly labelled these days at supermarkets.The main thing is NOT to put your hopes up high, but just to regard it as a 'throw-away' trial to see what happens after a month or so while you are tracking down a source for your preferred treatment.

It can't do any harm,

Does that make sense?

Old 05-15-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogles31731 View Post
Capoeria's post was very good in that it directly addressed your immediate problem.

What I'm about to suggest may be miles wide of the mark, but it may be worth a shot, if you have not already given it a try.

As a result of multiple misdiagnoses of my own medical conditions by the medical profession since I was a teenager, it has become something of a hobby of mine to check biomedical literature on all sorts of subjects, particularly as it relates to geriatric diseases. I can't see any harm in trying something that will cause no harm and which just may have some application to your own condition.

I came across a 2008 paper recording AA in association with gluten sensitivity in 3 people -- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1.2008.07341.x. It's worth a read, and it only requires limiting your diet to gluten-free products, which are clearly labelled these days at supermarkets.The main thing is NOT to put your hopes up high, but just to regard it as a 'throw-away' trial to see what happens after a month or so while you are tracking down a source for your preferred treatment.

It can't do any harm,

Does that make sense?

Thank you so much. It does indeed make perfect sense. I will look into this. It is true that gluten can really wreak havoc in the body, causing all kinds of disturbances and imbalances in the body.

Aplastic anemia is a very bizarre autoimmune condition. Some people who get better (get off blood transfusions) don't even think it was the horse-ATG + cyclosporine that made them better. You can literally wake up one morning and it can be almost gone. It's all so weird.

I deeply appreciate your help. Love and peace to you.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:31 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogles31731 View Post

That is a great suggestion. I found a book where the author gave up gluten and many other things to help with her recovery from AA.

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Termin...dp/0970070330/

https://somaticmovementcenter.com/healing/

Here is a podcast featuring the author.

https://michmash.podbean.com/e/chris-collins/

Old 05-17-2022, 08:57 AM

I am sorry to to tell you both that it's not I who has severe AA - but my mother. I am not sure I could get her on a gluten-free diet.

Aplastic anemia affects 3 lines: red blood cells (hemoglobin), platelets, and neutrophils (a type of white blood cell). Several months after horse-atg + cyclosporine treatment, she had a marked response in her neutrophil line for about 4-5 months, which was excellent. Now, they're back to where they were before treatment. Also, she's had no improvement whatsoever in the platelet line. The red blood cell line, however, has been really bizarre: although she always ends up needing transfusions, she will get sporadic natural rises in blood, but always falls back into transfusion-level territory -
- and sometimes quite quickly. She can go 3 weeks without an RBC transfusion; sometimes two weeks; and sometimes she'll need one in less than 10 days. There is no rhyme or reason. The hematologist doesn't understand why she has such wild swings in blood with no trend lines at this stage.

A top expert in AA consulted with my mother's regular hematologist. He said that she did respond to immuno-suppressant therapy because of the marked improvement in the neutrophil line. She has a PNH clone in her bone marrow, too, which makes her disease highly autoimmune (immune-mediated). This is what we were told. In some people, it can take up to two years or more to have a full response to ATG + cyclosporine, but I don't want to see my mother go another year getting transfused.

My mother doesn't have any other serious health issues. Her circulatory system and other organs are all good for her age.

Thank you so much for those links above. So appreciated. I will look into this.

Bye for now.

Last edited by FrancaisDeutsch; 05-17-2022 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 05:50 PM

I wonder how I could contact TCM in doctor in China. I don't know Mandarin.

TSY-1 has been used to treat severe aplastic anemia for several years, it seems. What I have been reading looks rather promising for getting blood counts to go up (red blood cells and platelets). I know that there are at least three herbs listed. I bought all three, but don't know if they will help because I don't know the correct dosage or preparation. I can always try.

It's unlikely that researchers at UCLA will give my mother TSY-1, even though they've prepared for clinical trials. It seems that I will have to get it from someone in China or Taiwan.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:30 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Have you tried contacting some of the TCM practitioners in the US?

Old 05-23-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Have you tried contacting some of the TCM practitioners in the US?
Hi there! Thank you so much for responding.

Yes, I've contacted a few by email. Only one responded, saying he's never heard of TSY-1.

In China, a TCM doctor is more likely to be aware of it. I wish I could speak Mandarin now.

Thank you again, dear SimplySagacious, for your kindness. All the best to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine