Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 05:38 PM

50,979 posts, read 36,672,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no there is not, but it certainly doesn't hurt the eyes, and they make caster oil for the eyes now...so....use your own discretion....so to each his own. There are doctors who don't agree, no two people every think alike, which is why they always suggest to get a second opinion...so your source said the complete opposite, but I say, it worked for me, and has been working for me, for a few things, and I'm still using it...so? To each his own...it never hurt my eyes or others who I know use it.
I started using it recently because the Activity Director at the nursing home I work in, swears it both improved her vision and made her eyelashes grow. I’d actually not heard about it until her (I’m not on social media, I waste enough time here lol). Too soon to tell, it’s only been a week. I don’t actually put it on my eyeballs but I rub it into my eyebrows and upper and lower eyelashes so some gets in anyway. Haven’t had any irritation so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 05:40 PM

50,979 posts, read 36,672,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
all you have to do is put a dab on your finger, as it's thick and a little tiny bit goes a long way....
then dab it on your eye lid and underneath your eye, and yes, it will help wrinkles....
I put it on my feet, to help cracking...caster oil is very thick and takes a while to penetrate...you can buy wraps for it on Amazon...as it is greasy and will get on your clothes....or sheets
I had black and blue marks above my ankles that wouldn't go away....I started putting castor oil on both of them and slowly but surely they started to disappear....
some people lay down in bed and before they go to sleep they will put a drop or two in their belly button...they claim it will help problems that you have inside your body? I cannot attest to that, haven't tried it...but remember, it's all about repetition, if it doesn't work right away, don't give up....I have been using castor oil for years now...so...
Also, I've used olive oil on dry elbows and hands....

Remember Castor oil is thick and heavy and it takes a while to penetrate, some people put it on a wrap they buy on Amazon and allow it to soak in for 10 minutes then put it on their skin...

Good Luck
I hadn’t thought of my heels, which are dry and cracked. Will try that tonight.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:07 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,057,044 times
I'm going to try olive oil on my elbows, thanks for the idea. Castor oil did not help.

I may have mentioned it upthread, but I cut the feet off a pair of old socks and slip them over my elbows at night, when I'm "lubricating" with any oil or heavy cream. Avoids staining the bedding or clothing.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:25 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,641,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I'm going to try olive oil on my elbows, thanks for the idea. Castor oil did not help.

I may have mentioned it upthread, but I cut the feet off a pair of old socks and slip them over my elbows at night, when I'm "lubricating" with any oil or heavy cream. Avoids staining the bedding or clothing.
Castor oil is extremely thick and callouses on the elbows will take days of application to remove. I wouldn't give up on it so quick. If you want to try something less oily, vaseline or hair grease is a great alternative on the elbows.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
[b]Castor oil doesn’t belong anywhere near the eyesJust a FWIIW.
All due respect to dr's but castor oil is something we've been using in the Caribbean for generations to heal a variety of ailments and sicknesses. The eyesight claim is not new. It is a miracle all-healing oil.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Castor oil is extremely thick and callouses on the elbows will take days of application to remove. I wouldn't give up on it so quick. If you want to try something less oily, vaseline or hair grease is a great alternative on the elbows.
I tried it for about two weeks, applying it to my elbows overnight. No change, so I gave up.
Should I try it for a longer period?

Old 04-26-2024, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I tried it for about two weeks, applying it to my elbows overnight. No change, so I gave up.
Should I try it for a longer period?
Hmm, it definitely should had an effect by then. I would say if you're going to try oil again, incorporate exfoliation and lime/lemon juice (freshly strained) into your regime. Exfoliate your elbows gently in the shower, apply lime/lemon juice on them for 20 minutes and wash off, then (while still moist) apply whichever olive/castor/grease and it should heal quickly and remove them with daily use over the next week. If you apply the oil/grease dry, the moisture can't lock in.

I had thick dark elbow calluses for years and removed them doing this intermittently (cause I was lazy) and also being paranoid about laying on them at the dinner table or desktop.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:18 PM

^^ Will try, thank you.

I tried exfoliating in the shower with a loofah, and they got red and irritated. Rubbing on a citric acid afterward is going to be fun! LOL

Old 04-27-2024, 06:18 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
^^ Will try, thank you.

I tried exfoliating in the shower with a loofah, and they got red and irritated. Rubbing on a citric acid afterward is going to be fun! LOL
I would wait until it relaxes some before putting on citric acid....and I wouldn't exfoliate so hard, a little goes a long way, just keep putting on castor oil, or even olive oil....

if your doing something to your body and it gets inflamed, then your doing it wrong....your body is trying to tell you so, try putting castor oil on something and wrap it around your arms and not too tight, just so the oil is on the skin of your elbow. Good Luck

PS, I've been using castor oil for a long time on my black and blue spots...over a year....but I had them for 2 and 3 years before trying the castor oil...so, it's not an over night thing.

Old 04-27-2024, 06:21 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I hadn’t thought of my heels, which are dry and cracked. Will try that tonight.
it takes more than one night, I've been putting it on my feet for a very long time....

and it does work.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine