Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
I'm recommending the book "Nutritional Almanac" by Gayla J. Kirschmann and Jonh D. Kirschmann.
Here's a little blurb about it (link below) that speaks about the content and value of this book and also recommends that you get the 4th edition because apparently the 5th edition has not gotten favorable reviews.
I've had the second edition (or it may be the 3rd ... not with me at the moment) for many, many years and it is a wealth of information.
Nutrition Almanac (http://www.mycaringconnection.com/nutrition_almanac.htm - broken link)
Another excellent book that you may want to find is "Healing With Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. I don't know which edition is preferable ... i think that i have the first one.
Amazon.com: Healing With Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition (3rd Edition): Paul Pitchford: Books
I recommended th book, "Nutrition Almanac" but that's not the name of the book that i've used for many, many years. My books have been in storage and i forgot the name.
The one i meant to recommend is "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Phyllis A. Balch.
Amazon.com: Prescription for Nutritional Healing (Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd ed): Phyllis Balch, James Balch: Books
The one i recommended by mistake i've not looked at but Prescription for Nutritional Healing is excellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,120 times
I'm with Ninersfan, CallieD and Rubyskye on the book .. Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing.

It's where I started and learned so much. It's a wealth of information on nutrition, vitamins, ailments and their remedies, etc. And every few years, they continually publish updated versions.

You may look up one thing, which leads you to another, and then another ..

With the way the medical systems are going these days, it's such a good thing to become more informed about our own health.

Last edited by stone-ground; 07-14-2008 at 04:29 PM..

Old 07-15-2008, 02:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Re. stone-ground
It's not just a good thing, it's essential.
Thanks to all of the ideas, I will get a page added soon with some of the info I have garnered thus far, and please keep it comming.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Thanks to several of you, I have started adding Alternative info on the web site. Take a look and if you see any obvious errors or have other suggestions, please let me know. Again, thanks for your help.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
Mike Adams aka The Health Ranger has an excellent website called Natural News.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:05 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,210,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Mike Adams aka The Health Ranger has an excellent website called Natural News.

I was just going to suggest the website above. Another one that I like is:

DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!

I've found googling a lot of this information seems to be helpful....one website leads to another to another, etc., etc.. I'm almost a year into researching alternative medicines and what I find is what might work for one person might not work for another, it seems to be a matter of finding what works best for you and what doseage amount does the trick. I could be wrong about that, but that's the conclusion I've drawn. One things for sure, alternative medicine has worked for me. I never thought myself as being "granola" like, but now I have a better understanding of the benefits and have learned first hand from experience that alternative medicine is worth a try. Prevention is the key and if you can take things now that benefit your overall health, you will be much better off in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine