Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 05:44 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,047 times

Advertisements

Urine is not sterile. It is formed in the kidneys, stored in the bladder and exits the body via the urethra. The urethra opens just in front of the vagina, or at the tip of the penis. There is a large and diverse microbial community which lives around there, many of which are from the large intestine. As the urine comes out it washes a collection of those microbes with it. Depending on the person the urine will contain sperm, E coli, Chlamydia, etc, etc. Not something I'd want to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thank you....I do find it interesting...... NATURAL THINGS ARE OFTEN MUCH BETTER!!
Natural things which work are quickly tested, standardised, prescribed and distributed via the medical system. But as for. natural being better, well, uranium and cancer are natural, as are lead and arthritis.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:54 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
All of the current research I have done says urine is NOT sterile. At any rate, it's nothing I plan to try anytime soon, however I do not judge those who wish to experiment with it. I try to keep an open mind, and do as much research on my own as possible before I try anything new. Not convinced on the urine.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz
Your "friend" if she actually exists clearly doesn't know what she is talking about....

There haven't been "tons of studies on urine therapy"..... there is actually NO research to prove it does anything..

Urine IS human waste....and it has no magical properties for healing of any sort
Urine IS NOT human waste..... Its the leftover of what your system doesnt need @ that time....... (POOP ON THE OTHER HAND IS WASTE)

So technically if one did drink it,they could get MORE VITAMINS that would be wasted otherwise....... (Its the taste that might not be to ones liking)

Old 07-08-2016, 03:17 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Maybe ALL the CURRENT research doesn't want us to use this very cheap remedy and then we wouldn't need pharma like millions do. This therapy goes back 1000's years so who really knows and therefore I do keep an open mind on my decision to or not to use my cheap but maybe expensive urine. So many anti this and that sites are supported by pharma world. I truly don't know and none of us do, but I just tested my pendulum on the positives of urine therapy and it dowsed positive that it's good. So.....I will proceed if and when.

Oh I have not visited Shirley's Wellness site for a long time and just found this, I'll get into it later.

https://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.c...e-Testimonials

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-08-2016 at 03:26 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 08:52 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,047 times
If big pharma was anti cheap drugs, then you wouldn't be able to buy asprin any more, would you? And if they're actively campaigning to stop me drinking my own urine, well good for them! It's wasted effort because, well, YUCK, but their heart is in the right place.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Aspirin is still the cheapest medicine one can buy. I don't use it as it can eat a hole in one's stomach eventually and loss of hearing.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:39 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Some pharmacies have a small number of free medications, including antibiotics, blood pressure meds, and some for diabetes.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:15 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Urine IS NOT human waste..... Its the leftover of what your system doesnt need @ that time....... (POOP ON THE OTHER HAND IS WASTE)

So technically if one did drink it,they could get MORE VITAMINS that would be wasted otherwise....... (Its the taste that might not be to ones liking)
urine
noun [ U ] US /ˈjʊər·ɪn/
biology liquid waste excreted by people and animals
urine Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Full Definition of urine
: waste material that is secreted by the kidney in vertebrates, is rich in end products of protein metabolism together with salts and pigments, and forms a clear amber and usually slightly acid fluid in mammals but is semisolid in birds and reptiles
Urine | Definition of Urine by Merriam-Webster

Old 07-09-2016, 05:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
I dont care how good the testimonials are for drinking your bodys waste fluid,the mere thought of doing what this woman ascribes to is revolting=
A Pint Of Urine A Day Keeps The Doctor Away? Sylvia Chandler Says Drinking Her Pee Has Kept Her Healthy For 20 Years [VIDEO]

Old 07-09-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
i dont care how good the testimonials are for drinking your bodys waste fluid,the mere thought of doing what this woman ascribes to is revolting=
a pint of urine a day keeps the doctor away? Sylvia chandler says drinking her pee has kept her healthy for 20 years [video]
interesting!!!

And just like for EVERY topic on the net there are pros and cons, those arguing against and those for. My friend who is using it now for her face notices a nice smooth difference for her skin.

http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/urine.html

If I tried it, it would be for OA benefits.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-09-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine