Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 04:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

I know this is an old thread but in reading some on the H&W group who deal with asthma and the major concern is a higher risk of coronavirus with this health condition. I'd sure be working on reducing the asthma issues and I'd be going with Grape Seed Extract. One can do a search on this antioxidant and asthma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 07:37 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
At the end of the day, we are talking about symptom relief here. Whether it is by allopathic orthodox medicine or by alternative medicine.

This is the wrong way to look at our health problems and we really should be looking at lifestyle changes and the effort we are prepared to put into making those.

Many of our problems are caused by laziness. Obese people often have other conditions as a result of their weight problems, so I think we have to look deeper to see what it is we need to change in our life to bring about better health.

Of course, this is only my opinion and you may disagree.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:20 AM

68 posts, read 51,632 times
An open minded doctor can prescribe L-Glutathione compounded in a nebulizer solution from a compounding pharmacy. I discovered Glutathione while recovering from a toxic exposure at an alternative clinic. I have since given it to my my grandmother and father, subsequently getting each of them off of 24/7 prescribed oxygen.

Although this is documented, no allopath practitioner will tell you about it because it isn't part of the Big Pharma protocol.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise 11 View Post
An open minded doctor can prescribe L-Glutathione compounded in a nebulizer solution from a compounding pharmacy. I discovered Glutathione while recovering from a toxic exposure at an alternative clinic. I have since given it to my my grandmother and father, subsequently getting each of them off of 24/7 prescribed oxygen.

Although this is documented, no allopath practitioner will tell you about it because it isn't part of the Big Pharma protocol.
Good on helping your grandparents and getting them off oxygen. This reminds me of when I got my mom who was 85 or so at the time and when I was taking grape seed extract initially, and all the benefits immediately, I got my mom on grape seed ex and her weak voice got so strong, I can still hear it and she's gone now. But it was the first thing I heard on the phone talking to her. She also didn't get colds or cold sores which she got all her life...late to it, but it's when it came to me..and that was 1995.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:40 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise 11 View Post

Good information on the Glutathione, thanks. Any naturopath or natural practitioner could write a script for that, it’s hard to imagine even an open minded allopathic Dr doing so.

While living in Phoenix, I went from staving off asthma issues by taking different natural vitamin and herb formulas for breathing. After several years, they weren’t as effective, so I switched to an inhaler, but after a couple of years, it wasn’t as effective, so I tried a nebulizer. After a few weeks, it didn’t work and that form of albuterol seemed to make my breathing worse. Wish I’d known about the Glutathione then.

I made the decision to move, otherwise, I could see where this was going with the allopathic route. With a change of air quality and a lot less dust, I haven’t used an inhaler in two or three years. Sometimes, you have to decide what’s in your own best interest, otherwise, you’re just a patient with an insurance card.

I took Jam’s advise on the grape seed and to anyone considering taking it, yes it does help. I’ve read about the amino acid Glutathione being helpful for breathing, but not the nebulizer form. Interesting information.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:00 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
I've never tried this yet, but want to...I've seen some people's youtube videos that said medicinal mushrooms, especially reishi & chaga help w/ asthma.

Can anyone else concur w/ this?

Old 06-02-2020, 06:20 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,862 times
Conditions are often self imposed. And COPD is often a product of smoking. Until people quit smoking, they stand little chance of getting better.

And at one point, they won't improve.

Asthma and bronchitis are different issues. But they can go hand in hand with COPD. There again, improvements come with the proper medicines and people taking better care of themselves. You can get a handle usually on asthma & bronchitis.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:50 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I've never tried this yet, but want to...I've seen some people's youtube videos that said medicinal mushrooms, especially reishi & chaga help w/ asthma.

Can anyone else concur w/ this?
A few years ago, I tried the reishi mushrooms as a supplement. They did help, although there was not a huge improvement. It took a couple of weeks to notice a real difference. I decided not to continue taking them, because it’s a pricey supplement and I buy enough of those. Various herbs and vitamins work well.

Give them a try though, your results might be different. The best results I got from Chinese mushrooms were in a hot and sour soup I’d buy when sick. The restaurant was close by my old house and that soup worked wonders on breathing issues. It was loaded with veggies, various mushrooms and lots of spices.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:01 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
^ I see, thanks for replying. I ordered this today to give it a try. It has 10 different mushrooms, including reishi & chaga:

https://us.foursigmatic.com/products/10-mushroom-blend

Old 06-05-2020, 07:31 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
We have been brainwashed to go first to medicine for relief. TV and media is so much about brainwashing us to buy their products, particularly dairy products, medicines, cars, that kind of thing...

Really, it should be diet and lifestyle changes which we should be considering first.

For asthma, I think anything dairy is a big contributor and mucous on the lungs and in the body generally is something which we should all try to eliminate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine