Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 PM

43 posts, read 225,347 times

Advertisements

I shouldn't give Vegas all the glory! After all, it took an ambulance from Bullhead/Ft.Mohave to get to her in time and race to the hospital out there. Also, the hospital out there had to keep her stabilized until the copter was ready for her. And then the staff aboard the copter had to keep her alive. Great team work! So, no, our healthcare out here isn't perfect, and I agree it could use some improvement, but, so far my family and I have been taken care of. And an older relative had a heart attack and he was taken to the hospital and he, too, was flown out. He's doing well. He still has to have appointments in Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Wow. Your sister sounds like an amazing person and one tough cookie. I'm glad she's recovered as well as she has.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
Default ok let me put this to rest

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nv and ran with a crip set and lived that so called "thug life" that you hear Teenagers in kingman talk about ( even though none of them know anything about it) and I moved to kingman after my parents moved there to escape that lifestyle after many close calls. A friend of mine was shot to death in December of 2007 and i moved to kingman the very next day. Since I have been here I have heard stories after stories about "Bird Land" "Butler area" and about other areas of town, and if anyone wants to know the truth this town is not a "crime-infested community" alot of the posts on here talking about crime and so-forth are those "wanna-be gangsters" at kingman high school, if you believe I am just making that up, then look at ninety percent of the post Moderator cut: orphaned quote Since living here I have met dozens of individuals that say they are a "blood" or a "crip" and coming from The West Las Vegas community i know shot callers for dozens of gangs and Met one of the original Crips and I have yet to find any thing but "wanna-be's" in kingman.
I have a son and a wife and plan on spending many years in kingman as I continue to go to Mohave Community college, Which I may Point out is in the so-called "butler area"
Kingman does have alot of use of Crystal Meth and does have certain incidents however when that 18 year old girl (who was friends with my wife) was stabbed to death, it Was an incident that brought the entire community together.
Kingman is like other small-town communities they have a certain group of people that cause problems and the rest of the community is pretty welcoming.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-04-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Oh good, another one of these posts from a new poster. We had someone repeatedly promise a big expose/investigation in the Kingman paper six months ago. It never happened, that person disappeared from the forum. No one seems to have any real proof of anything.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-04-2009 at 05:18 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 AM

894 posts, read 2,201,484 times
Hey wasn't the movie "The Girl Next Door" filmed in Kingman?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
Hey wasn't the movie "The Girl Next Door" filmed in Kingman?
Really? Which one? Evidently there are five movies with that title. See here: Girl Next Door - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona