Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 10:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Havasu is a nice place to hang out for a few days, but I can only take the place in small doses. It’s just too damn hot in summer, and the heat is unrelenting. Even the night time offers little relief from it.

But it does have the River, and that’s what sets Havasu, Yuma, Parker and Bullhead apart from every other town in Arizona and makes them fairly attractive places to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 11:01 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Havasu is a nice place to hang out for a few days, but I can only take the place in small doses. It’s just too damn hot in summer, and the heat is unrelenting. Even the night time offers little relief from it.

But it does have the River, and that’s what sets Havasu, Yuma, Parker and Bullhead apart from every other town in Arizona and makes them fairly attractive places to live.
Agreed. Never underestimate the beneficial psychological effects of living near water.

I visit LHC a lot but I wouldn't want to live there, water notwithstanding. We bought our Scottsdale home because it is unlike most other properties in metro Phoenix, which have xeriscaping, basically dirt and rocks and gravel. Our place is lushly landscaped and yes, we even have an expanse of grass under towering pine trees. In LHC pretty much every house is surrounded by dirt, rocks and gravel. I guess people there don't want to spend money on water for plants.

We were in LHC recently and went into Bashas. Was stunned to see everyone was bare-faced. Apparently Lake Havasu has made masks optional. With so many seniors living there, this seems a questionable decision at best.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Agreed. Never underestimate the beneficial psychological effects of living near water.

I visit LHC a lot but I wouldn't want to live there, water notwithstanding. We bought our Scottsdale home because it is unlike most other properties in metro Phoenix, which have xeriscaping, basically dirt and rocks and gravel. Our place is lushly landscaped and yes, we even have an expanse of grass under towering pine trees. In LHC pretty much every house is surrounded by dirt, rocks and gravel. I guess people there don't want to spend money on water for plants.

We were in LHC recently and went into Bashas. Was stunned to see everyone was bare-faced. Apparently Lake Havasu has made masks optional. With so many seniors living there, this seems a questionable decision at best.
I grew up in Scottsdale right by Aqua Linda Park, and if it hadn’t gotten so crazy over the last 30 years, I’d probably move back. It was always something of a Valley hangout spot, but after Fashion Square went up, the city went bonkers with new activity. Traffic is so bad most days up there that I avoid visiting unless I have somewhere specific to go in town or to visit one of my siblings. I like it much better down here in the SE Borderlands area. Better weather too, and much more laid back.

And yeah....spot on about Havasu. It’s really all about the River. It’s certainly a beautiful place, but even as much as I like heat, Havasu is over my tolerance level. Lol..I feel like I’m in a broiler unless I’m out on the water.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:09 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
The things which make Lake Havasu City appealing are London Bridge & the English themed shops, and of course the activities along the river. As others have said, it's all about the river. There are some nice resorts and a few decent dining spots, but otherwise, it's really just a smallish city located seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Of course the biggest turn offs are the scorching summer temperatures which are often the highest in the nation, and the general lack of shade.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:24 AM

551 posts, read 1,590,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Thanks.
No to Laughlin as Arizona is better. Really hot and humid as you are near water. Don’t know about Costco but I suspect there isn’t one. Check Costco.com to see.

Sent from iPad

Old 05-28-2021, 07:35 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The things which make Lake Havasu City appealing are London Bridge & the English themed shops, and of course the activities along the river. As others have said, it's all about the river. There are some nice resorts and a few decent dining spots, but otherwise, it's really just a smallish city located seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Of course the biggest turn offs are the scorching summer temperatures which are often the highest in the nation, and the general lack of shade.
But man o man did the Pandemic change things! So many Californians with money are all of a sudden buying up high end lots and/or houses here. The Pandemic has created a new lifestyle choice where isolated but not farm or ranch rural seems to be a new goal in life. My wife and I toured the new Havasu Riviera development yesterday, and $400K doesn't buy the typical lot there. Several hundred high end lots there, with triple the room to grow, plus several hundred sold and many already built on, up on the mountain at Cherry Tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona