Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,908,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnyuma View Post
YUMA

Commute: Depends on where you live in respect to where you work. If you work at Yuma Proving Ground, the commute is 35 to 50 minutes and can be a little un-nerving.
What is un-nerving? We are considering an assignment to YPG but I know I will want to drive into town 2-4 times per month to shop,etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 AM

165 posts, read 512,622 times
Hi all
I have been a member on this site for almost 2 years, I just went thru the city information and did not find any complete data on Rimrock. I know we have folks that live their please give me as much information as you can. I'm finally relocating to VV and have found a house I really like in Rimrock. But since I have to have a job first it has not been finalized so I'm still open to areas. I will be renting a house with fenced in yard in CV, and he is letting me keep my dogs with me. That was a big relieve, 2-3 months of boarding them would of been very pricey and not good for them due to their advanced ages.
Thanks in advance
Debbie SE MI

Old 11-16-2008, 02:36 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,235,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie SE MI View Post
Hi all
I have been a member on this site for almost 2 years, I just went thru the city information and did not find any complete data on Rimrock. I know we have folks that live their please give me as much information as you can. I'm finally relocating to VV and have found a house I really like in Rimrock. But since I have to have a job first it has not been finalized so I'm still open to areas. I will be renting a house with fenced in yard in CV, and he is letting me keep my dogs with me. That was a big relieve, 2-3 months of boarding them would of been very pricey and not good for them due to their advanced ages.
Thanks in advance
Debbie SE MI
This is just "here say" but I have been told there is a lot of meth in Rimrock...so if I was you I'd check it out further, maybe phone the police etc. and maybe there is meth in many of the other areas too.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 18,025 times
Default information on lake havasu

Hi I am thinking of moving to Arizonia and would like information on Lake Havasau

Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 AM

687 posts, read 2,953,217 times
Sierra Vista
did a search, found short comments but no review, lived here 4 years so...
70 miles southeast of Tucson, about 15 miles from the border with Mexico. 20 miles from Bisbee, 45 miles from Douglas or Nogales. We sit alongside the Huachuca Mountains and beautiful Thunder Mountain itself, over 7,000'. We are approx. 4500' elevation.
Weather
Much cooler than Phoenix, summers are shorter. 100' days about 2-5 per year. Highs in the summer around 85-95, cools down to low 70's high 60's at night. Monsoon starts around July 4th, actually get rain about every day. Winters will see 1 snowfall on average, gone by next day, snow in the mountains along edge of town, down to 5000' level is common. Highs in the 50's, lows in the 30's. Windy in the springtime.
Schools
Only grandkids in school. Public schools seem to have a good rep. Several charter schools available, church schools. 1 high school in SV proper. U of A extension, Cochise Community College campus.
Commute
Everything here revolves around Fort Huachuca, the only "commute" is traffic entering/exit the fort itself. Sitting at a redlight thru more than 1 cycle is a "major backup".
Food
Restaurants are jammed almost every night. Chilis, El Paso bbq, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Dennys, Fast food as usual, soon to come...Red Lobster and Olive Garden.
Shopping
Wal Mart, K mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Marshalls, Ross. Breaking ground on Wal Mart Super Center and Sams Club next month. Grocery stores are always packed, Frys, Safeway,Food City, one of each.
Air Quality
No smog. Allergies from the abundance of open land, rainfall. Clear skies, a billion stars at night.
Economy
Everything depends on Fort Huachuca. New housing has died because of the economy. Significant amount of military retirees settle here.
Crime
Very little, but it is increasing. Many people still leave keys in cars, door unlocked. Not a smart thing anywhere, but it is not uncommon here.
Housing Prices
New homes start around 170,000. Double wides and a acre of land for 85-175,000.
Nice homes in established neighborhoods vary from 100,000 to 225,000 in town.
Outlying suburbs near the mountains can push 300,000-775,000. Local areas such as Whetstone, Huachuca City, Palominas and Hereford range from 75,000-275,000.
Good Neighborhoods
Anywhere but Frytown, anything around Busby street. Some outlying areas can be junky, yet have new homes built in with old mobiles. It's part of "rural" living.
Culture
The military presence here is of a higher caliber than most bases. Personnel attached here are security clearanced, educated and have specialties. They are respectful, disciplined, refined. On the other hand we have a true "redneck" attitude with many residents, lots of genuine cowboys and girls, not just linedancers. Those who choose outlying areas and privacy can be a tad distant, opinionated and wary of strangers. Amazingly, we have no problems with illegals. You are more likely to hear Japanese, German, and many other languages at the store than you are Spanish.
Recreation
2 golf courses, several others within 1/2 hour drive. Patagonia lake and of course the Huachucas themselves. Hiking trails, 4wheel trails, Coronado National Monument, Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns...all this within 1 hour or less of downtown. To just watch a monsoon move over Thunder Mountain, beautiful!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:13 AM

687 posts, read 2,953,217 times
Sierra Vista
did a search, found short comments but no review, lived here 4 years so...
Weather
Much cooler than Phoenix, summers are shorter. 100' days about 2-5 per year. Highs in the summer around 85-95, cools down to low 70's high 60's at night. Monsoon starts around July 4th, actually get rain about every day. Winters will see 1 snowfall on average, gone by next day, snow in the mountains along edge of town, down to 5000' level is common. Highs in the 50's, lows in the 30's. Windy in the springtime.
Schools
Only grandkids in school. Public schools seem to have a good rep. Several charter schools available, church schools. 1 high school in SV proper. U of A extension, Cochise Community College campus.
Commute
Everything here revolves around Fort Huachuca, the only "commute" is traffic entering/exit the fort itself. Sitting at a redlight thru more than 1 cycle is a "major backup".
Food
Restaurants are jammed almost every night. Chilis, El Paso bbq, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Dennys, Fast food as usual, soon to come...Red Lobster and Olive Garden.
Shopping
Wal Mart, K mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Marshalls, Ross. Breaking ground on Wal Mart Super Center and Sams Club next month. Grocery stores are always packed, Frys, Safeway,Food City, one of each.
Air Quality
No smog. Allergies from the abundance of open land, rainfall. Clear skies, a billion stars at night.
Economy
Everything depends on Fort Huachuca. New housing has died because of the economy. Significant amount of military retirees settle here.
Crime
Very little, but it is increasing. Many people still leave keys in cars, door unlocked. Not a smart thing anywhere, but it is not uncommon here.
Housing Prices
New homes start around 170,000. Double wides and a acre of land for 85-175,000.
Nice homes in established neighborhoods vary from 100,000 to 225,000 in town.
Outlying suburbs near the mountains can push 300,000-775,000. Local areas such as Whetstone, Huachuca City, Palominas and Hereford range from 75,000-275,000.
Good Neighborhoods
Anywhere but Frytown, anything around Busby street. Some outlying areas can be junky, yet have new homes built in with old mobiles. It's part of "rural" living.
Culture
The military presence here is of a higher caliber than most bases. Personnel attached here are security clearanced, educated and have specialties. They are respectful, disciplined, refined. On the other hand we have a true "redneck" attitude with many residents, lots of genuine cowboys and girls, not just linedancers. Those who choose outlying areas and privacy can be a tad distant, opinionated and wary of strangers. Amazingly, we have no problems with illegals. You are more likely to hear Japanese, German, and many other languages at the store than you are Spanish.
Recreation
2 golf courses, several others within 1/2 hour drive. Patagonia lake and of course the Huachucas themselves. Hiking trails, 4wheel trails, Coronado National Monument, Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns...all this within 1 hour or less of downtown. To just watch a monsoon move over Thunder Mountain, beautiful!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM

20 posts, read 84,984 times
I'm interested in learning more about Sedona and Lake Havasu City.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 PM

9 posts, read 33,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle TN Vegan View Post
I'm interested in learning more about Sedona and Lake Havasu City.

sedona is beautiful but very expensive...absolute perfect weather, lots of red rocks

LHC is a HOT & HUMID party town...

Old 03-04-2009, 07:02 PM

739 posts, read 1,849,259 times
More details about Sedona?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM

92 posts, read 318,649 times
Default surprise or mesa?

need some in-put. which is a better place to live? less crime, more affordable etc. thanks in advance for your info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona