Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:59 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
No clubs in Lake Havasu? I thought for sure there would be at least one club, or are you saying gay-only clubs?
Supposedly; LHC had a Gay club about 15 years ago..........but, it was run out of town.

The only Gay club in Mohave County I am aware of is the Lariat on Hancock (God's honest truth) in Bullhead City.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Someone told me there was a thriving, underground, hidden gay community in Gila Bend but i don't know if that's just a rumor. South end of Winslow comes to mind, also. Maybe Flagstaff with NAU and the college town thing. Lots of partying. They may not be gay, especially but they sure are happy.

Most gay communities are underground.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 PM

17 posts, read 60,475 times
No there are no dance,social clubs here at all. All we have is bars and some bars do have dance floors. We do have 2 adult book stores though but they are in county not in the city area.
Quote:
No clubs in Lake Havasu? I thought for sure there would be at least one club, or are you saying gay-only clubs?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM

135 posts, read 515,660 times
WHo the heck is Tom Lane anyways?? I'm from Ohio and will moving to AZ at the end of the month. I've never heard of him??? I've even gooled him and nothing comes up except something about PostgreSQL in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post
FCORRALES WROTE: It is terrible in your opinion, and that is fine, but it isn't the Arizona way and is very anti-business and anti-patient. It would be dully hard to get rid of a terrible nurse with a nurses union. Unions aren't always necessary and great! Sometimes they are downright horrific organizations and mobs in their own right (no pun intended).
In regards to Unions, Sounds like you are a Log Cabin Republican -- that's fine with me.

Again I Asked about Flagstaff gay organizations - Gay Pride Parades take place once a year, and do not involve an ongoing GLBT Community Center, GLBT clubs and activities, GLBT newspaper (such as The Observer in Tucson, I think), Gay bars, etc. etc.

You falsely accuse me of lying, however, the City Council voted down the GLBT protection ordinance for housing and employment in Flagstaff, and again I always have references:

azdailysun.com News (http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2009/03/03/news/20090303_front_192004.txt - broken link)

As a Civil Liberties proponent, I would caution out of state GLBT students against going to any of the Universities in Arizona, since the State does not have a statewide protection ordinance for housing and employment. Of all of the SW States, Utah is the only other state also lacking such a Statewide ordiance.
[/quote]

Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM

135 posts, read 515,660 times
So are most cults

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post

Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM

30 posts, read 100,685 times
Default Gay Friendly

Bisbee, AZ.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Sure they are... that's why they have places like Velocity and many other gay bars.... How about the gay coffee place? How about the many gay bosses i've had, gay co-workers...The gay resort..Or the gay baker and how about the gay gas station and the gay light rail? oops!

Yes, seriously. If you look around during the light rail near 3:00 PM in Phoenix you will see guys holding each other, kissing, holding hands....

I am gay educated thanks to the openness of the people of Phoenix.

Maybe... just maybe if there were gays in office, Arizona would start in improving.. Whoops did i say that?

Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,413,595 times
Has anyone ever been to "Rainbow Burgers"? I went here a few years ago with a friend, not expecting it to be a gay-friendly burger joint, was interesting to say the least.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 PM

57 posts, read 278,715 times
Quote:
Depends on how you define "clubs". No, there are no gay/lez/swinger" style clubs here at all.

Next, being from the Phoenix area, this leaves a broad definition of the term "nightclub". You have Kokomos, The Naked Turtle, BJs and the like, and they call themselves clubs,,,,,,, but in Phx, they would more be considered just bars. To me a "club" has more to offer than just food or booze and the other "offer" is bigger than the booze.

Here in Havasu, Booze comes first, then maybe pool or dancing. That defines "bar" to me.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:29 PM

218 posts, read 579,980 times
Sierra Vista, Arizona too. A number of especially middle-aged gay couples seem to really love it there. Especially if you golf!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona