Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 09:50 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,776,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Your last sentence sums it all.
What ensues later cannot be interpreted as voluntary, when the perpetrator is a high-ranking CCP official.
You think women do not chase power and money? Power per se is attractive too, and some women fall for it.
I'm not saying Peng Shuai is one of them, but I need to hear from both sides to make my own judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Your last sentence sums it all.
What ensues later cannot be interpreted as voluntary, when the perpetrator is a high-ranking CCP official.
High ranking CCP officials don't have to rape an athlete to ruin their political life.
(Failed) affair? Very likely. But things are not clear now.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:06 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,356,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
You think women do not chase power and money? Power per se is attractive too, and some women fall for it.
I'm not saying Peng Shuai is one of them, but I need to hear from both sides to make my own judgement.
Peng Shuai going after an old fart?
So powerful yet throughout the long drawn years
What the scumbag did was to "bai piao".

Old 11-21-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
High ranking CCP officials don't have to rape an athlete to ruin their political life.
(Failed) affair? Very likely. But things are not clear now.
So that old fart still have a political life.
Not surprising!
He, his sil and buddies were lucky not implicated in the Tianjin chemical inferno.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Peng Shuai going after an old fart?
So powerful yet throughout the long drawn years
What the scumbag did was to "bai piao".
You forgot Bill Clinton?
You have no idea how many rich Chinese old men have mistresses. Many have children out of wedlock too.

Old 11-21-2021, 01:31 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,036,010 times
So based on the last news, she had a video call with some white guy and it's now widely considered that she is found and safe. Video calls can be faked too, yet the possibility of the fake/edited e-mail remains...

Old 11-21-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
You forgot Bill Clinton?
You have no idea how many rich Chinese old men have mistresses. Many have children out of wedlock too.
I do not see the relevance of your "rich Chinese old men and their mistresses" in this context.
Unless, you are implying that ZGL is just another DOM above the law in China.
Interesting that you singled out Bill Clinton though. America put him on a "stand" to face the music.

China has already a questionable "human right" image. Let's hope that you treat your women with some dignity.

Old 11-21-2021, 11:03 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,471,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We know. She said it was.

I am not a gay man, I am a woman. That gay man you are responding to is right, you aren’t.
It's extremely typical for Chinese men to dismiss (sexual) violence against women. Women are treated like commodities in China, like in most other backwards societies still stuck in the 1960s in terms of gender roles. They don't understand the concept of consent. The casual homophobia is just icing on the cake.

Old 11-22-2021, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I do not see the relevance of your "rich Chinese old men and their mistresses" in this context.
Unless, you are implying that ZGL is just another DOM above the law in China.
Interesting that you singled out Bill Clinton though. America put him on a "stand" to face the music.

China has already a questionable "human right" image. Let's hope that you treat your women with some dignity.
It seems you don't understand many young women chase rich old men. I just remind you of that.
I'm not saying Peng Shuai is one of them, but I don't rule it out until I see more evidence.

Old 11-22-2021, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
It's extremely typical for Chinese men to dismiss (sexual) violence against women. Women are treated like commodities in China, like in most other backwards societies still stuck in the 1960s in terms of gender roles. They don't understand the concept of consent. The casual homophobia is just icing on the cake.
Totally BS.
Chinese women have a relatively high status in East Asia. Even many Taiwanese say (urban) mainland women are "aggressive" and dominant. I heard Korean and Japanese people say the same.
In China adultery is also a big scandal (much more serious than in western countries) and often ends one's career if he is a public figure. Many famous Chinese actors, for example, are banned due to their affairs.

Last edited by Bettafish; 11-22-2021 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia