Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:28 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,171,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
The prudent move would be to get out of the throttle once Rosberg started moving into the line but no good racer is doing that.
Depends on how you define "good". Alain Prost would have done exactly that and I doubt anyone would question his driving mettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 12:16 PM

983 posts, read 1,636,377 times
Rosberg is a smart guy, he shut the door and didn't budge like in the past, knowing he has a massive advantage in the championship. Hamilton should have ducked behind Rosberg when he saw the German was closing the door, insisting on it and even worse, going into the grass, were grave mistakes. He was mostly at fault if you really, really , really must assign blame. Otherwise, racing incident.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,128,610 times
Wow, red bull.
Very disappointing for Ricciardo. Almost unbelievable.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:15 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,921 times
That was something else. He was not a happy camper and I don't blame him one bit. You don't get a win at Monaco everyday and to have it ripped from you because your team are idiots is hard to take.

That block from Hamilton was super sketchy considering he cut the track/corner. I can see it being a penalty, but I can also see why it wasn't. Either way it was hard move considering his error. Anyhoo, it should always rain at Monaco. lol

Old 05-30-2016, 12:49 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
That was something else. He was not a happy camper and I don't blame him one bit. You don't get a win at Monaco everyday and to have it ripped from you because your team are idiots is hard to take.
I think the team should give him a Ferrari road car to make it up to him, they keep screwing up and he'll likely be with them shortly.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:58 AM

I am really not sure why Hamilton's cutting the chicane was not a penalty or at least a call to move over. He clearly gained an advantage by doing so. With that said, it's not what lost RIC the race. Shame.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:45 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,844,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I am really not sure why Hamilton's cutting the chicane was not a penalty or at least a call to move over. He clearly gained an advantage by doing so. With that said, it's not what lost RIC the race. Shame.
Because he was ahead when he went in (mostly). You can't gain a position by short-cutting the course. You can keep one, though.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Because he was ahead when he went in (mostly). You can't gain a position by short-cutting the course. You can keep one, though.
Which makes zero sense to me. He was ahead, yes, but had he taken the corner the right way after outbraking himself, he would have lost the position to RIC.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:07 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,921 times
^^Yeah, that's I thought as well. He would have lost his position if there was a wall there rather than a chicane. He cut the course and clearly threw a massive block to save his position. The stewards are loathe to call that but it was a clear advantage that's not exactly 'legal', in the racing sense.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:15 PM

5,467 posts, read 8,196,025 times
Probably several safety cars tomorrow.

I haven't decided if I like the track or not. I'll know tomorrow.

The Baku Old City looks like it would be a fascinating place to visit.

I wonder how many more times they will tell us that Nico Hülkenberg won Le Mans on his first try. I wonder if they will ever tell us that he didn't win it alone but was a member of a three person team: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_2...ns#Race_result
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing