Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:02 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Did you use the elevator or the stairs? I always think the stairs is better just in case the power goes out.
Stairs! The nearest elevator to me had fire and smoke coming out of it!!! I wasn't worried about power going out at that moment. I was worried about staying alive.

I'd worked there 20 years. People who work in tall buildings know that you don't use elevators when the building is on fire. They tell you that every fire drill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 03:20 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,675,618 times
I always wondered if the still- alive victims on TWA 800 knew that they were flying without the nose/no pilots after it separated from the rest of the plane but was still climbing. that must be a gruesome thought indeed. i just viewed a youtube video about this

Old 08-11-2014, 11:46 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I'm pretty sure they died on impact.

But yeah, if your MD83 starts flying upside down, that should be a pretty good indicator that the landing is not going to be pleasant.
Either that or it's one hell of a stewardess!

Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi851 View Post
Sorry to put in such a morbid query but this has made me ponder quite a bit.
What is your opinion? Do plane crash victims have time to realize that they are dying? Is it a painful feeling or as many say, it's over so fast they don't realize anything?
If a plane bursts over an ocean how harrowing would it be for the passengers?
I'd say, depends on the passenger.

If they were some kind of pilot, then they might be trying to work out a solution to the very end.

On the other hand, if they were family person, then perhaps on endless Hail Marys.

But an adventurer such as infantry or a cop may be thinking, "This is it! Going out in a blaze of glory!".

The thing is that those who think about death as part of their life probably have a lot easier way to it.

Sure, I'd be thinking very quickly who would take care of my pets, what secrets did I not cover well enough......for about 3 seconds. But then, it's the day the Dragon wins and I would be asking for forgiveness........and rather hoping that if I don't make it out unscathed, I don't make it out at all.

But, that's life.

Where one moment, you are experiencing the ride of your life........and then next, you are knocking on the gates of whatever Valhalla you believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation