Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 12:54 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,547,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Airlines have been flying these routes, in this part of the world for many decades. It seems very strange that all of a sudden there are 2 flights missing.
I doubt that this crash will be similar to MH370. It was only a two hour flight so they won't have much fuel. They were flying over a portion of the ocean on top the continental shelf so the box is probably in less than 200' of water. I think in an ocean search it is common to take more than a day to find the wreckage.

The primary similarity is they are in the same portion of the world, and world media is quick to exploit that fact.

What is vexing is that this plane was the same type in the Miracle on the Hudson incident 6 years ago. It is tragic to think the pilots may have pulled off a similar miracle, only to have everyone drown during the 20+ hour search.

If we learned nothing from 9-11 it should be that they should spend whatever is necessary to know where planes are all the time, even without communication or radar. Such a system is still 5-10 years in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 PM

703 posts, read 870,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I think you mean pitot.
He did mean pitot, but pitot isn't considered a technical computer word, so he probably put pilot rather than pitot. That's a funny word, pitot (PEE-TOT)

Old 12-28-2014, 01:34 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I doubt that this crash will be similar to MH370. It was only a two hour flight so they won't have much fuel. They were flying over a portion of the ocean on top the continental shelf so the box is probably in less than 200' of water. I think in an ocean search it is common to take more than a day to find the wreckage.

The primary similarity is they are in the same portion of the world, and world media is quick to exploit that fact.

What is vexing is that this plane was the same type in the Miracle on the Hudson incident 6 years ago. It is tragic to think the pilots may have pulled off a similar miracle, only to have everyone drown during the 20+ hour search.

If we learned nothing from 9-11 it should be that they should spend whatever is necessary to know where planes are all the time, even without communication or radar. Such a system is still 5-10 years in the future.
The planes may be the same, but the difference between a river and a stormy ocean are not. Nor is control versus lack of control.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
oh give me a f'n break mr. special. If you can't decipher my original post....jezuz. What is it with people like you. Go to the bathroom you'll feel much better
I did, and you don't make any sense. Your grammar and relevancy are also not very professional. I am going to suggest that you need to grow up, and start posting on-topic posts. Otherwise, do not post. It is quite simple.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:22 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,753,760 times
For conspiracy theorists: on Dec 15 someone posted on a Chinese website, warning people not to take AirAsia. He posted multiple times, saying some "international mafia is trying to destroy the business in Malaysia".
马航被搞垮后,黑 ‰‹åˆä¼¸å‘了亚航

Old 12-28-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
For conspiracy theorists: on Dec 15 someone posted on a Chinese website, warning people not to take AirAsia. He posted multiple times, saying some "international mafia is trying to destroy the business in Malaysia".
马航被搞垮后,黑 ‰‹åˆä¼¸å‘了亚航
That is interesting. Have you said anything!?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:28 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,096,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I don't travel in that part of the world but the message has been received loud and clear. Three airplane disasters in less than a year? Stay away!
My wife just told me that same thing.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:29 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,096,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
I did, and you don't make any sense. Your grammar and relevancy are also not very professional. I am going to suggest that you need to grow up, and start posting on-topic posts. Otherwise, do not post. It is quite simple.
Try getting a life. It's much easier than judging others.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
my interest in flying on foreign run airlines is way down.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:36 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
The search has stopped because it's nightfall there.

Search halted for missing AirAsia plane as night falls

Also, I think the pattern I am seeing is, these flights weren't in the air that long. Wasn't the MH370 only in the air for 1-2 hours after take-off? If this flight was only two hours it was near the 2 hour mark as well. So what is up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation