Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:47 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,388,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Most Connection Airports I've been to have a AirSide Smokers room(s), with a dedicated smoke evacuation fans. So Smoker can get there Nicotine fix before there next flight.
Yeppers, there is a room for you to go when you want to draw poison into your lungs

Airports, shows, restaurants etc are smoke free for a reason

(And, yes I was a smoker. 2-3 packs of Camels a day from the age of 9 to 20. I quit 50 years ago for ME. You can do what you want to yourself away from me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 05:49 PM

599 posts, read 499,905 times
Stunning that anybody with a fully functional cranial cavity would even ask this question in the first place. Smokers engage in an activity that causes cancers and countless other serious heath concerns. The fact that they are "sharing" these health risks with others in the vicinity of their "cloud" is well documented. The fact that smokers are allowed to spread their disease, in any public venue, in a civilized society should be in question. Whining because it's so difficult to find a place to spread your toxic waste in an airport is a truly WTF? event. Smoking should be allowed in private locations where smokers are exposing absolutely no other human beings to their toxic waste, and impacting no other individual with their disgusting behavior, which as you might imagine is absolutely nowhere in pubic, airports included.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:22 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,013,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Because smokers only care about themselves and have no issue with second hand smoke impacting non smokers lives.

If I could I would ban smoking in all public locations.
We're pretty close to that now.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:53 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,811,140 times
Depends on the city entirely. For instance MSP is definitely a smoke free airport and pride themselves on it.

SLC & ATL have smokers lounges. PHX and EWR have designated smoking areas outside the building. DEN only has one in the C terminal and requires a 1 drink minimum.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:15 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Because smokers only care about themselves and have no issue with second hand smoke impacting non smokers lives.

If I could I would ban smoking in all public locations.

If I had my way, I would ban smoking period. What a stupid, disgusting, unhealthy habit !

Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 PM

23,236 posts, read 29,075,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’d do you one better. I’d ban all smoking outright, no more cigarettes. You won’t get thrown in jail but you will be fined.

In Korea some of the clubs had designated smoking rooms and I just can’t imagine walking into one and all the 2nd hand smoke filling my lungs and being trapped on my clothing.

I can’t explain how bad I hate cigarette smokers. They’re cancer sticks and only idiots want their bodies to have cancer. They want an early preventable death, fine, but not me.
You do realize that smokers save taxpayers money in the long run as they die roughly 10 years sooner, less drain on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security. Where's the thanks?

There's no absolute truth yet that 2nd hand smoke does the damage it does. Many grew up in smokey houses during the 60's/70's and suffered no ill effects.

Now then, it was stated that if you grew up in Los Angeles during the 60's-80's it was the equivalent of smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day. And where was the outrage? And with the fumes from the airplanes at Airports, what are we really breathing in?

If you're a true patriot in the U.S., you would, at least, occasionally use some tobacco products. Afterall, our freedom in this country is attributed to tobacco, freedom from the Brits. What the nicotine-addicted Brits really wanted from us was our tobacco fields, including the tobacco fields of Washington and Jefferson. When we staged war against the Brits, Benjamin Franklin was sent to Paris to arrange a loan to help oust the British, they demanded 5 million pounds of tobacco as collateral for the loan, as the French were as addicted to nicotine as the Brits. So without that loan, and collateral, we might still be under British rule.

Let's not forget, for a minute, that tobacco is an herb, like marijuana, with medicinal properties. One day, tobacco will go the same route as the rediscovery of marijuana. Watch and see!

Old 08-06-2018, 11:53 PM

18,532 posts, read 18,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I have never given this many reps in one thread before
me too.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:15 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,597,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If I had my way, I would ban smoking period. What a stupid, disgusting, unhealthy habit !

Because banning alcohol and drugs worked so great. All a ban on cigarettes would achieve is a whole new criminal enterprise dedicated to the smuggling of cigarettes into the US. Instead of buying your cigarettes at the corner store you'd buy them from the street corner pusher. And no, I don't smoke. I find it to be disgusting habit, but I also understand banning them would never work.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:34 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,514,433 times
Such a typical attitude from a self-centered smoker!

I once was on a flight that was so saturated with smoke that my dad spent the last hour of a cross-country flight in the bathroom, throwing up. After that, when he had a business meeting on the west coast, he had to intentionally book connecting flights so that he could take "breathing breaks" on the ground. He tried for three separate legs so he would never have to be in the air for more than 2 hours at a time, and consequently what should have taken him 5 hours to accomplish (get to LA from the east coast) took him 10 or 12.

You think that was OK - to inconvenience someone to that degree - just so you can smoke?

Old 08-07-2018, 06:27 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,428 times
I suspect a very large troll in these parts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation