Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 03:45 PM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

Here is a new theory to where the plane might have ended up:
https://youtu.be/Jq-d4Kl8Xh4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 09:13 PM

60 posts, read 44,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Here is a new theory to where the plane might have ended up:
https://youtu.be/Jq-d4Kl8Xh4
Keep in mind the MH17 crash happened about 4 months after MH370. Eye witnesses who saw the MH17 human remains stated the bodies appeared to have been dead for days or weeks before they were removed from the Ukranian farm town and nearby fields. I still believe MH370 ended up at Ben Gurion Airport not long after it disappeared. Most likely electronically commandeered.

https://blogfactory.co.uk/2017/08/18...e_comment=1837

Old 02-20-2022, 11:14 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,007,241 times
The incident was beaten like a dead horse by the mainstream media for months back in 2014. CNN lived off the ratings from it for a better part of a year, to the point it became a punch line in President Obama's speech at the White House Correspondents Dinner that year.

The foremost item to understand is that the Air Traffic Control System in that part of the world is at a 1950's level. Under the given technology and considering the expanse of the Indian Ocean, the aircraft could be anywhere. For a logical individual with any semblance of aeronautical literacy, the incident is explained as either pilot error or mechanical failure. What specifically happened we will never know, but it is reasonable to limit it to explainable factors, that are no different than other aircraft accidents over the open sea, that have had access to more modern tools of investigation. Air France 477 is the likely contemporary example. First world airline, first world ATC system, with agencies that have the ability to do an in depth investigation, and arrive at a definitive probable cause.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Am I the only one, in this day of GPS tracking, believe that Boeing would allow a multimillion dollar aircraft off the ramp to a third world county without a tracking devise installed?
A GPS tracking device? Yeah they got a little Garmin box mounted in the tail.

Seriously though, modern airliners have a full avionics suite, of which satellite navigation is one element of. But, Boeing has no control over how the end user makes use of the equipment. Or how modern a specific governmental agency's ATC system is.

Easiest layperson analogy: A 5G phone won't work where there's no 5G coverage.

Old 02-21-2022, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Definitely a "design flaw" where pilots are able to turn off the locator beacon on a commercial plane.
You need to differentiate between an Emergency Locator Transmitter and a Transponder. With 50 plus years of aviation experience, I have no clue how all this stuff works on a 777, and I seriously doubt anyone else here does either.

Old 02-21-2022, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
For some reason I was thinking those big planes flew with a Captain, First Officer, and Engineer.
The Flight Engineer position was eliminated, on all but a few types of remaining aircraft. Advanced systems made the position redundant. There are what is known as "relief pilots" who are part of the crew on long distance flights, but with the exception of departures and arrivals, there are generally only 2 pilots in the cockpit at a given time.

For reference, up until about 1960, transoceanic flights had a 5 crew cockpit. Captain, First Officer, Flight Engineer, Navigator, and Radioman.

Old 02-21-2022, 04:58 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean1996 View Post
I still believe MH370 ended up at Ben Gurion Airport not long after it disappeared. Most likely electronically commandeered.

https://blogfactory.co.uk/2017/08/18...e_comment=1837
I seriously doubt that it ended up at B-G Airport. Israel is a very small country and the airport is not far away from residential areas. So if this was the case, it wouldn't have stayed a hidden fact all this time (and therefore this theory is not valid!).

Old 02-21-2022, 08:56 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Pilot suicide taking innocent victims to their doom. It’s happend before on both Egyptian and German commercial aircraft. But it does allow conspiracy enthusiasts and the paranormal crowd something to do.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I seriously doubt that it ended up at B-G Airport. Israel is a very small country and the airport is not far away from residential areas. So if this was the case, it wouldn't have stayed a hidden fact all this time (and therefore this theory is not valid!).

Totally agree. I think it's in the ocean, they just haven't found it yet. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I've personally spoken to Kate the boater who thinks she saw it on fire. She and her husband gave them their GPS tracking data, the most likely flight route was adjusted due to it.

It may eventually be found. I hope I'm alive to see it. I feel they are just missing it.

There have been items washed on the shore. It's in the water.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:12 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Pilot suicide taking innocent victims to their doom. It’s happend before on both Egyptian and German commercial aircraft. But it does allow conspiracy enthusiasts and the paranormal crowd something to do.
I agree. I see this thread is also in mysteries forum. Be advised the theories there include a guy who saw it in a vision the aircraft being swallowed by a giant UFO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation