Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM

3 posts, read 11,460 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a native Mainer, but have lived in Wichita, Kansas for 16 years, due to my husban's job. My husband and I have finally decided the time is right to move back home. I'm originally from Lisbon Falls, and that's where my family is. My husband has been offered a position at the Telford Group, working on airplanes, which is what he does here. I am a registered nurse.
It's a little scary to make a big move, we don't know much about this company, and we would hate to make this major move if it in fact is not a good place to work.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,937,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawn84 View Post
Hello,
I am a native Mainer, but have lived in Wichita, Kansas for 16 years, due to my husban's job. My husband and I have finally decided the time is right to move back home. I'm originally from Lisbon Falls, and that's where my family is. My husband has been offered a position at the Telford Group, working on airplanes, which is what he does here. I am a registered nurse.
It's a little scary to make a big move, we don't know much about this company, and we would hate to make this major move if it in fact is not a good place to work.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dawn
Telford Aviation has grown into a pretty good sized operation over the past two decades. When I was flying regularly, I had a chance to know more about the company than I do now, but my guess would be that Telford would probably be a decent outfit to work for, and I would expect that aviation technicians would be reasonably well paid, considering that aviation is a fairly small industry in Maine.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:08 AM

46 posts, read 141,432 times
Default Small World!

Hi-
My husband and I just moved to Bangor from Atlanta. My husband will be working for Telford as an aircraft mechanic. He starts next week. Everyone there has been wonderful. Also, talking to locals it is a very respected company in the area.
I am also a nurse and have started working at EMMC in the NICU. I love it there! The pay is good and everyone is so nice.
We love it here in Bangor and would definitely recommend Telford or EMMC to anyone.
Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:52 AM

Dear Rjones1016,
Thanks for the info! It IS a small world!! Wow! I would love to hear more about Telford, and EMMC. We're thinking we'll be up there by June. Please email me if you have the time..kevdawn84@aol.com
Thank you!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
Telford Aviation has grown into a pretty good sized operation over the past two decades. When I was flying regularly, I had a chance to know more about the company than I do now, but my guess would be that Telford would probably be a decent outfit to work for, and I would expect that aviation technicians would be reasonably well paid, considering that aviation is a fairly small industry in Maine.
Thank you for your info Acadionlion!
Much appreciated, and good to know. Are you a pilot?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Many years in the Air Force in a flying related specialty, and when I owned my insurance business in Portland, I owned my own plane and flew in and out of the state for business and pleasure. At one point I owned a second plane that I kept at a fixed base operation office for leasing in addition to my own aircraft.

When I decided to retire from the heavy traveling kind of business, I sold the aircraft, made money on each one, and decided that there was no reason to spend large after tax dollars to bore holes in the sky.

To this day though, sometimes I miss it.

Quote:
Many years in the Air Force in a flying related specialty, and when I owned my insurance business in Portland, I owned my own plane and flew in and out of the state for business and pleasure. At one point I owned a second plane that I kept at a fixed base operation office for leasing in addition to my own aircraft.

When I decided to retire from the heavy traveling kind of business, I sold the aircraft, made money on each one, and decided that there was no reason to spend large after tax dollars to bore holes in the sky.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
View detailed profiles of: