Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Well, the Rockies win a pitcher's duel tonight, proving that they are not a one trick pony. Jhoulys Chacin was brilliant, right up until he left the game with an injury in the 7th. I hope it's nothing serious. He had just reached 100 pitches, so I'm hoping the Rox pulled him out of precaution more than anything. Anyone who knows the details, please share.

Other than that, it was a good night as the Rox keep it going at home, improving to 7-0 at Coors Field, winning 7 straight, and getting the series against the Diamondbacks off to a good start. Ian Kennedy usually has some of his best games against the Rockies, and he was pretty solid tonight, despite the loss. I'm glad the Rockies managed a win against him.

Tomorrow's game pits Trevor Cahill vs Jorge De La Rosa. With 16 games in the books, the Rockies are roughly 10% through the schedule. It's still a long season ahead, and no team makes the playoffs in April. Still I am very pleased with the 12-4 start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well, the Rockies win a pitcher's duel tonight, proving that they are not a one trick pony. Jhoulys Chacin was brilliant, right up until he left the game with an injury in the 7th. I hope it's nothing serious. He had just reached 100 pitches, so I'm hoping the Rox pulled him out of precaution more than anything. Anyone who knows the details, please share.
Lower left back injury.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Lower left back injury.
Hoping it's not serious. Hopefully a couple days of rest and he'll be able to make his next start against the Braves on the 24th. The Rox are going to need him when the Braves come to town.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:57 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Hoping it's not serious. Hopefully a couple days of rest and he'll be able to make his next start against the Braves on the 24th. The Rox are going to need him when the Braves come to town.
Yeah, I was thinking that hopefully at-worst he'd miss one start. He's been looking good so far.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
...Rockies won on Thursday.... and about to win tonight....
Yeah, looks like they won 3-1 over Arizona tonight. At 12-4, only the Braves have a better record at 13-3.

Go Rockies!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Rockies just beat AZ again, 4-3, but not before Betancourt almost gave it away, loading the bases with one out.

With Pittsburgh beating Atlanta today, the Rockies are tied with Atlanta for best record in baseball at 13-4.

Rockies have now won 8 in a row, league best right now, with Boston winning 7 in a row.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 AM

The win also secured the series win vs Arizona. Colorado has won every series except for the one in San Francisco. They looked awful in that one, but have not lost since.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 AM

Well a disappointing finish to the series with Arizona. Any time you go into the 9th with a lead and then blow it that's bad. I hate to second guess Weiss, but what was Lopez doing out there in Betancourt's spot? Our closer is our closer for a reason, and in a one-run game you go to the closer in that scenario. At a minimum I would have preferred to see Belisle remain in, or go to Brothers. Lopez is the arm you bring in only when you've got an insane lead or you've conceded defeat.

Still, taking two of three is still good. Taking two of three is how this team will stay in the hunt for the playoffs. We all like those long win streaks, but we don't want a "streaky" team because that blade cuts both ways and can easily be a long skid. Steady performance, winning two of three with a surge every couple of weeks will keep this team in the running all season long. Of course, doing that is a lot harder than it sounds.

Go Rockies!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Rockies and Braves, with the two best records in baseball, are playing two games today in Denver. Atlanta won the day game 4-3.

The day game started with a temperature of 23F. The night game, due to start at 6:40PM, will almost certainly start with an even lower temperature.

EDIT: The Rockies lost the 2nd game also, by a blowout of 10-2, leaving no doubt which team seems the better one.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-23-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 AM

I'm a little disappointed that the Rox offense went AWOL for the series. I feel that the team can hang with anyone right now, but last night their bats were just flat. Yesterday's pitching wasn't stellar either, as the Braves handed out a lot of souvenirs in the outfield seats.

I know we're not going to win them all, but as a skeptical fan, I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end. It's a tough stretch ahead and the Rox aren't getting back either of yesterday's games, so let's hope the team is looking at the present and focussing on getting off this 3 game skid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball