Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Reasons why the Twins will be at home watching the posteason:

-Carl Pavano couldn't locate pitches in the clutch
-Magglio Ordonez finally decided to get a big hit
-Brandon Lyon didn't gift wrap them the game this time
-They play in a dome. God hates baseball domes.
I was at a wedding in Detroit a couple months ago and got to hear some of the local sports talk. They way they were talking I assumed Mags would have been cut by this point. I have not been to a game in Detriot since he has played for them, but I wonder if the people dislike him as much as the radio guys made it seem. A walk-off homer against the Yankees in the ALDS in game 3 or 4 could go a long way I suppose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I was at a wedding in Detroit a couple months ago and got to hear some of the local sports talk. They way they were talking I assumed Mags would have been cut by this point. I have not been to a game in Detriot since he has played for them, but I wonder if the people dislike him as much as the radio guys made it seem. A walk-off homer against the Yankees in the ALDS in game 3 or 4 could go a long way I suppose
For a team that has been in first place since May; there has been a lot of negativity and criticism from the fans and media this year. It was pretty clear watching the broadcast on ESPN, that the commentators were pretty clueless about how the team has been perceived this year. Mags has been getting killed; but at points so has Inge, Granderson, Rodney and the bullpen, everyone. If they find a way to blow the division at this point; people are going to be calling for the team to be blown up.

Of course, another playoff upset of the Yankees and everyone will forget everything.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
For a team that has been in first place since May; there has been a lot of negativity and criticism from the fans and media this year. It was pretty clear watching the broadcast on ESPN, that the commentators were pretty clueless about how the team has been perceived this year. Mags has been getting killed; but at points so has Inge, Granderson, Rodney and the bullpen, everyone. If they find a way to blow the division at this point; people are going to be calling for the team to be blown up.

Of course, another playoff upset of the Yankees and everyone will forget everything.
Well Toast your lead is looking better now so we'll probably see you in the first round.The only thing is that the Tigers were playing so so ball and the Twins were on a great streak that's why many doubted them.It shows alot that they are able to still hang on.So I guess we'll see you in the first round.Good luck.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
'Tis but a scratch!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:18 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
And the Tigers lose again. Series is tied. Now the Twins are in the drivers seat. No surprise from where I see it.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Reasons #3, #4 & #5 (Motivators) -

Ron Gardenhire > Jim Leyland
Ozzie Guillen > Jim Leyland
Trey Hillman > Jim Leyland

Old 10-03-2009, 09:30 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Well at least it's exciting no matter how it turns out.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
And, guys, we're about to find out in a few short hours.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:33 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
At this point, the Tigers don't deserve the division. It is like they WANT to go home instead of NYC for the post season.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:10 AM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
We're going to win, Twins. We're going to score.
We're going to win, Twins. Watch that baseball soar.
Crack out a homerun, holler hip-hooray.
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today.

From the land of sky blue waters (echo waters)
Comes the beer refreshing, Hamms the beer refreshing

Crack a cold Hamms, wave your homer hankies, and root for your Minnesota Twins.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball