Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 11:38 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,699,075 times

Advertisements

I don't blame Martinez for putting in Max. You can't go back home down 0-2 to the Dodgers. This is why I hate 5 game series. A team like the Nats benefit off it & could upset the Dodgers but I don't think they stand a chance against anybody in a 7 game series. They are obviously a afraid to use anybody but Hudson and the starting pitchers. That's going to come back to get them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 12:07 AM

1,149 posts, read 452,709 times
Using Scherzer was interesting and it made clear that the Nationals were treating this as a do or die game. Kershaw looks like a rookie every time he gets a start in the postseason. Right out of the gate, he looked again to be wound so tightly. Pitches missing badly, hit batsmen, etc... what a dud in the postseason.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Using Scherzer was interesting and it made clear that the Nationals were treating this as a do or die game. Kershaw looks like a rookie every time he gets a start in the postseason. Right out of the gate, he looked again to be wound so tightly. Pitches missing badly, hit batsmen, etc... what a dud in the postseason.
You clearly have not followed him & only remember the bad outings. He's had a lot of good games out there but has had his share of bad ones to. Scherzer isn't any better than Kershaw but nobody ever talks about that.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
You clearly have not followed him & only remember the bad outings. He's had a lot of good games out there but has had his share of bad ones to. Scherzer isn't any better than Kershaw but nobody ever talks about that.
Very strange response to say the least. Kershaw is a 3 time Cy Young winner with a career 2.44 ERA. He now is now 9-11 in the post season with a 4.32 ERA. He failed last night. This is a post season thread where normally posters are going to post timely Information. So who cares about Scherzer's failures. If you want to discuss them, feel free rather than lamenting what someone else doesn't post.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Very strange response to say the least. Kershaw is a 3 time Cy Young winner with a career 2.44 ERA. He now is now 9-11 in the post season with a 4.32 ERA. He failed last night. This is a post season thread where normally posters are going to post timely Information. So who cares about Scherzer's failures. If you want to discuss them, feel free rather than lamenting what someone else doesn't post.
What!?!?! You sit there and say "post season dud" so I'm going to give you facts why you're wrong & you try and say why because its not timely information. Well, how is what you're saying TIMELY information? You're bringing up bad past experiences while ignoring the good ones.

And when it really comes down to it. He still only gave up 3 runs. Dodgers offense is more the reason why the Dodgers lost than Kershaw. 17 K's is not going to win many games.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
What!?!?! You sit there and say "post season dud" so I'm going to give you facts why you're wrong & you try and say why because its not timely information. Well, how is what you're saying TIMELY information? You're bringing up bad past experiences while ignoring the good ones.

And when it really comes down to it. He still only gave up 3 runs. Dodgers offense is more the reason why the Dodgers lost than Kershaw. 17 K's is not going to win many games.
I have no idea what your rambling about. You come off as Kershaw's personal spokesperson or agent trying to negotiate a new contract. He gave up 3 runs in 6 innings which equates to a 4.50 ERA. And he was very shaky out of the gate last night. Again. I ignore the good ones because this is a 2019 postseason thread. You have been presented with "facts". That you choose to overlook them is your prerogative, but you simply cant dispute Kershaw is a playoff disappointment.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what your rambling about. You come off as Kershaw's personal spokesperson or agent trying to negotiate a new contract. He gave up 3 runs in 6 innings which equates to a 4.50 ERA. And he was very shaky out of the gate last night. Again. I ignore the good ones because this is a 2019 postseason thread. You have been presented with "facts". That you choose to overlook them is your prerogative, but you simply cant dispute Kershaw is a playoff disappointment.

Did you not say "what a postseason dud" or did you?

The way that sounds makes it sound like you're using past seasons to support that statement.

So that is why I provided data to support my reasoning that he's had good outings & bad outings.

If this was Kershaws first post season start ever would you really even say that? I doubt it. So then I ask why do you bring up that we can only talk about 2019?

Old 10-05-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Did you not say "what a postseason dud" or did you?

The way that sounds makes it sound like you're using past seasons to support that statement.

So that is why I provided data to support my reasoning that he's had good outings & bad outings.

If this was Kershaws first post season start ever would you really even say that? I doubt it. So then I ask why do you bring up that we can only talk about 2019?
I cited Kershaw's entire career postseason record and ERA. The specific game mentioned is last night's because of what this thread is titled. I don't know why you think some other other elaboration is needed.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I cited Kershaw's entire career postseason record and ERA. The specific game mentioned is last night's because of what this thread is titled. I don't know why you think some other other elaboration is needed.
Not in the original reply I made.

This all stemed from you saying he is a post season dud. That is why I stated fact of him having good & bat outings and you go off stating as to why I'm bringing up past stats etc..

I'll say this again because obviously you're not following.

You mentioned he was a post season dud. I gave you reasons why he was not all the time & has good outings.

Last edited by Statz2k10; 10-05-2019 at 05:49 PM..

Old 10-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Not in the original reply I made.

This all stemed from you saying he is a post season dud. That is why I stated fact of him having good & bat outings and you go off stating as to why I'm bringing up past stats etc..

I'll say this again because obviously you're not following.

You mentioned he was a post season dud. I gave you reasons why he was not all the time & has good outings.
Wow you are off the rails. What past stats? You haven't mentioned one. Not one in any of your mindless replies. I'm not stopping you. Cite one that you stated in your previous replies. Copy and paste it. What is there to follow? If you have a counterpoint, then state some actual facts to back them up. You just sound like another unhinged homer fan, pouting and whining about lack of respect for "your" team. Good god, I'd hate to imagine what you would be like if it was actually something that mattered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball