Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:02 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,964,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Great move by the LA, I mean the California, I mean the Anaheim, I mean the LA Angels of Anaheim. What are they officially calling themselves these days?
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.....I think California Angels is WAAAAAYYYY easier

back to the trade, the Braves aren't too bad off in this trade. I mean Casey Kotchman is a pretty dangerous hitter, as well. However, he needs a better eye at the plate, you can tell by the .327 OBP, when he develops a better eye, he'll become a much more dangerous hitter.

Last edited by dxiweodwo; 07-30-2008 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM

199 posts, read 712,728 times
Well as a longtime Angel fan (just moved to PA last year and miss them like crazy), GO ANGELS. I am worried about all the guys on the team who become free agents next season (i.e. Figgins, love him got to meet and get his autograph 2 years ago, Rodriguez, got his year before, Vladdy my gdd's favorite,). Used to go to 20+ games a year until I got sick and could not handle the stadium anymore. My two yorkies are named Bengie (Bengie Molina, great guy and great to the fans, loved him and his bro, and Garrett after Anderson). GO ANGELS - they have been kicking butt, Red Sox the latest victim.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM

734 posts, read 2,618,466 times
I think that this places LAA over the top right now in comparison to Boston or Tampa. Angels' pitching is slick and their line-up seems pretty solid from top to bottom, especially if Figgins can start hitting.

Tampa needs to help themselves by:

1. Bringing up Price the last month of the season and letting him get some big-league innings in the bullpen.
2. Acquiring a player before the trade deadline to play in the outfield or a short-term fix at SS until their new draft pick is ready in a year or two.

That would put them in higher favor over the Angels IMO.

As for Boston, they just need to stay put really (keep Manny). If they can give up a prospect or two for a closer to set-up for Papelbon I would be okay with that.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,028,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrales View Post
Well as a longtime Angel fan (just moved to PA last year and miss them like crazy), GO ANGELS. I am worried about all the guys on the team who become free agents next season (i.e. Figgins, love him got to meet and get his autograph 2 years ago, Rodriguez, got his year before, Vladdy my gdd's favorite,). Used to go to 20+ games a year until I got sick and could not handle the stadium anymore. My two yorkies are named Bengie (Bengie Molina, great guy and great to the fans, loved him and his bro, and Garrett after Anderson). GO ANGELS - they have been kicking butt, Red Sox the latest victim.
Agreed. Anderson, Texeira, Rivera, Quinlan, and I'm pretty sure Shields are also free at the end of the season.

I like the trade if the Angels can lock up Texeira beyond the season. If not, then I hate to see a guy like Kotchman go. He is already as good as Texeira in the field (not a knock on Texeira but meant as a complement to Kotchman) and is starting to develop a power stroke. He will be as good as Texeira offensively in a few seasons.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 AM

14 posts, read 49,230 times
Default the Angels

Looking to my first visit to Angels Stadium now that they have made the play-offs, which fortuantely ties in with my yearly holiday

ticket availability?
any dates forthcoming? (oct 6?)
any bars beforehand worth checking out?

any info much appreciated.

cheers

gaz

Old 09-11-2008, 02:12 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,503,814 times
Torii Hunter's a jerkoff. If you saw what he did yesterday, you'd know why. Pudge should've grabbed his Angel face and laid the smackdown NY style on that sissy Orange County pop star.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Torii Hunter's a jerkoff. If you saw what he did yesterday, you'd know why. Pudge should've grabbed his Angel face and laid the smackdown NY style on that sissy Orange County pop star.
The OP was asking for advice on going to Angels stadium, not your typical tough guy attitude about how anything outside of New York or Yankees baseball sucks.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 PM

199 posts, read 712,728 times
Go to the Angels website and post on their forum, you will get lots of advice and maybe some leads on some tickets, you also might try stub hub. Alot of people post for tickets there. I envy you, I am a rabid fan and now live in western PA so I don't get to the games like I used to when I lived in SoCal. Go Angels!!! Those guys are the friendliest group you will ever come across. Anytime I went to a game with my grandkids they got autographs, etc. Tim Salmon (retired now) gave each one of the grandkids something of his at one Sunday game a few years ago, i.e. batting glove, ball, cap, etc. Angels are Great!!!!! GO ANGELS

Old 09-13-2008, 08:16 PM

734 posts, read 2,618,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Wow, you really are an f'ing moron...aren't you? Aren't you? Say yes.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:20 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,964,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Wow, you really are an f'ing moron...aren't you? Aren't you? Say yes.
LMAO, I hope he does too.

To the OP:

2008 Angels Schedule | angelsbaseball.com: Schedule

Probably gonna be a bit expensive...but it's worth it. Gonna lots of fun there. Which is the most important thing, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball