Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 12:02 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Now that the college season is half over or so it might be time to look at who might end up being the best choice in the draft. I don't mean who will be the 1st pick. That appears to be Jabari Smith at the moment. But that does not equal who will be the best. Anthony Bennett, Wiggins, Fultz and Williamson are some examples of where that did not pan out.

Personally I like Smtih, Banchero and Mathurin. To be honest I have not seen every prospect play. Hopefully by the end of the season that will change. Smith has some KD like talent. Banchero reminds me of Lebron James and Mathurin Kawhi Leonard. Not saying any of them will equal the comparisons.

One I would stay away from is Chet Holgren. I just think if you are a team trying to better yourself and build around your high lottery pick. A very tall skinny but very talented player is usually a mistake. Look at Bol Bol or KP. Or go back to Sam Bowie. What happened to Bol Bol?
Banchero, so far, looks like the rookie of the year. Mathurin may come in second in the voting. Smith has had a solid but not spectacular year. Same goes for Keegan Murray. They all start so those are solid pros, IMO. Bol Bol was starting earlier in the year. He must be hurt because I don't see any recent stats on him. Ok, I see he had foot surgery so he is probably shelved for the season.

https://theathletic.com/3512069/2022...-indefinitely/

Last edited by quiet life; 03-31-2023 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Bol Bol injury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 07:04 PM

30,142 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Banchero, so far, looks like the rookie of the year. Mathurin may come in second in the voting. Smith has had a solid but not spectacular year. Same goes for Keegan Murray. They all start so those are solid pros, IMO. Bol Bol was starting earlier in the year. He must be hurt because I don't see any recent stats on him. Ok, I see he had foot surgery so he is probably shelved for the season.

https://theathletic.com/3512069/2022...-indefinitely/

That sounds right. Banchero should be ROY. Mathurin has had a good year. Not as solid as Banchero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball