Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Angel Reese's taunt of Caitlin Clark warranted?
Yes 6 42.86%
No 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 07:40 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,563,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler;65103628[I
I'm an LSU fan and I didn't like how Angel responded but the story of the game for me was how magnificent LSU and Iowa played, great game.
And? I'm not sure why you feel that's relevant. You don't have to be an LSU fan to have an opinion on this. And whether or not you're a fan of either team, you can still have an objective opinion not biased by the fandom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2023, 11:54 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
NO politics on this forum, please!

Old 04-05-2023, 12:25 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,350,127 times
Ok, Jill Biden is walking back that dual invitation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...8e0e4554&ei=11

On Tuesday, First Lady Biden’s press secretary took to Twitter to push back on that idea. The First Lady loved watching the NCAA women’s basketball championship game alongside young student athletes and admires how far women have advanced in sports since the passing of Title IX,” press secretary Vanessa Valdivia wrote in a statement on Tuesday. “Her comments in Colorado were intended to applaud the historic game and all women athletes. She looks forward to celebrating the LSU Tigers on their championship win at the White House.”

Even Caitlin Clark doesn't have a problem with Angel Reese's boasting.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/05/s...ntl/index.html

Old 04-05-2023, 01:46 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,794 times
Let your actions on the court speak for itself. All trash talking to me is a sign of an insecure person. A truly confident players doesn’t need to resort to theses immature actions, their game will let you know where they stand. Thats what I love about a player like Kawhi Leonard. Never says a word to the refs or trash talks or brags, he just gets it done,

Old 04-05-2023, 01:57 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Let your actions on the court speak for itself. All trash talking to me is a sign of an insecure person. A truly confident players doesn’t need to resort to theses immature actions, their game will let you know where they stand. Thats what I love about a player like Kawhi Leonard. Never says a word to the refs or trash talks or brags, he just gets it done,
Never heard of Muhammad Ali, I see.

Old 04-05-2023, 02:00 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,794 times
No never heard of him.

Old 04-05-2023, 06:13 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
And? I'm not sure why you feel that's relevant. You don't have to be an LSU fan to have an opinion on this. And whether or not you're a fan of either team, you can still have an objective opinion not biased by the fandom.
It's relevant because you can be a fan and still not like something your team did. There is no such thing as an objective opinion, everyone is subjective.

Old 04-05-2023, 09:21 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,563,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's relevant because you can be a fan and still not like something your team did. There is no such thing as an objective opinion, everyone is subjective.
Again, so what. You're implying that the fact that you're a fan somehow makes your opinion more relevant than an impartial observer that has no interest in either team. It's not relevant at all.

In everyday life, your objective opinion is the one that sets aside your subjective preferences or feelings about something and instead assesses it based on facts and reality.

The fact that Clark taunted others is not an opinion. It's actually a fact. And anyone can look at that and say she reaped what she sowed.

Old 04-06-2023, 06:59 AM

2,714 posts, read 2,214,139 times
Being I was born and raised in Louisiana and LSU I am glad they won. But I wish this has not developed into a racial thing. I think Jill Biden is part of that developing. If Iowa was not playing LSU I would have wanted them to win. The media is part of the whole taunting due to their non-stop reporting on Clark as the wonder girl.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:28 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Being I was born and raised in Louisiana and LSU I am glad they won. But I wish this has not developed into a racial thing. I think Jill Biden is part of that developing. If Iowa was not playing LSU I would have wanted them to win. The media is part of the whole taunting due to their non-stop reporting on Clark as the wonder girl.
She's unlike any other female player we've seen. The female version of Steph Curry, basically. Why wouldn't they talk about her non-stop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aM979td7w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball