Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 07:33 PM

10,347 posts, read 8,563,021 times

Advertisements

Definitely a stomp but come on be a little discreet about it. That said the way sabonis grabbed him could have been an injury. Right now the kings look incredible. Hopefully two games at home ties the series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 07:52 PM

1,095 posts, read 444,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
After winning it all last year even with what Green did to Poole you don't break a team up who just won a title. But with how this year appears to be going no reason to keep him especially after 2 really bad incidents.

And since he and Lebron want to play together I can see him being traded to the Lakers. Maybe for a guy like Hachimura who would be useful for the Warriors. I don't want it. But I can see the Warriors sending him off to where he wants to go and the Lakers appeasing LeBron.
Golden state probably have to give up 3 first fround picks plus salary match players from lakers to make it worth it for both teams. I doubt the lakers will listen to lebron at year 21 to get what he wants, but getting future firsts might help them since they traded away their whole future for lebron already. Draymond Could cause trouble in la.

I think since the warriors are sone after this season, its cheaper to just keep him and hold onto those picks. No team wants draymond at that price of 27 million.

Old 04-18-2023, 10:07 PM

One game suspension. I would say warriors have 45% chance of winning game 3, since they will play at home on game 3, without draymond.

If it goes 0-3 i give them 1% chance of winning the series.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:00 AM

3,954 posts, read 2,345,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
One game suspension. I would say warriors have 45% chance of winning game 3, since they will play at home on game 3, without draymond.

If it goes 0-3 i give them 1% chance of winning the series.
That's all? Green must know where all the bodies are buried. Anyway, I give the Warriors about a 65% chance of winning the series and chip especially if Kuminga steps up. Which was their plan anyway to replace Green with him, IMO. Steph and Klay can still kill you when they both are on a roll.

Old 04-19-2023, 02:43 PM

6,501 posts, read 7,530,019 times
What Green did was complete BS, but Sabonis IS NOT completely innocent either. He could've injured Green as well by holding his ankle like that.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:29 PM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
That's all? Green must know where all the bodies are buried. Anyway, I give the Warriors about a 65% chance of winning the series and chip especially if Kuminga steps up. Which was their plan anyway to replace Green with him, IMO. Steph and Klay can still kill you when they both are on a roll.
We will see. The Warriors of old would have won at least one of the first two. Last time Green got suspended like this in the finals against the Cavs, did not go well for them.

Old 04-19-2023, 11:15 PM

9,754 posts, read 7,465,729 times
I stand by what I said on Tuesday; If this was a first-time offender I could see and be on board with the one game suspension, especially when you could make a case that Sabontas started this whole thing first by grabbing his ankle. However, like I said, the other night Green is NOT a first time offender. NBA really dropped the ball here! He should be suspended at least the 2 home games game 3 & 4, but really for his childish behavior that he seems to pull yearly, he shouldn't be playing again this series. Either Green has incriminating photos on his phone OR Silver & the NBA offices have already decided they don't want Sacramento in the second round and are doing what they can to make that happen.

Old 04-20-2023, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I stand by what I said on Tuesday; If this was a first-time offender I could see and be on board with the one game suspension, especially when you could make a case that Sabontas started this whole thing first by grabbing his ankle. However, like I said, the other night Green is NOT a first time offender. NBA really dropped the ball here! He should be suspended at least the 2 home games game 3 & 4, but really for his childish behavior that he seems to pull yearly, he shouldn't be playing again this series. Either Green has incriminating photos on his phone OR Silver & the NBA offices have already decided they don't want Sacramento in the second round and are doing what they can to make that happen.
He knows this is the playoffs and doing something like this can lead to suspension, but he still chose to do it. Poole and wiggins might not play on game 3, theyre both listed as questionable. If they lose game 3, i really doubt they will win 4 games in a row with draymond back.

This is the final year for the lakers, suns, and warriors for the western conference. main issue is age. All 3 teams are doomed if they dont win this year.

Old 04-20-2023, 07:17 AM

30,142 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

A while back on NBA radio they were saying that the refs could easily kick eject Green every single game with the way he jaws at them but it would be unfair to the Warriors, so they let him push the envelope. He constantly gets away with more than almost any other player. And its not like he is Luka. He is essentially a role player now. I don't think the NBA wants SacTown to go deep in the playoffs.

Old 04-20-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
A while back on NBA radio they were saying that the refs could easily kick eject Green every single game with the way he jaws at them but it would be unfair to the Warriors, so they let him push the envelope. He constantly gets away with more than almost any other player. And its not like he is Luka. He is essentially a role player now. I don't think the NBA wants SacTown to go deep in the playoffs.
Refs could give techincals and toss him every game, but the nba will lose alot of revenue since its stephs and klays team. The nba would have to discipline the refs had that happened. Had draymond been just a role player in his career and in a losing team, he might get ejected every game and be in the g league. The warriors dealt with his issues for so long since he does provide alot of value for so long as long as they at least have a shot at the ring for years. It beats having no shot at the ring and stars leaving, having to scout and draft good and hoping they turn out good, for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball