Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 11:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 443,310 times

Advertisements

Dude cost the Warriors the championship the year Cleveland won by being suspended on game 5, and yelling at kd and making him leave costing the warriors championships. Also punching poole.

Anyways that stomp is so uncalled for, if he is suspended for the next game and go 0-3, its a tiny chance to climb back and win. If its 2 games they are done. This is the worst of timing to do this, as this is the last chance to win, steph, klay, draymond is getting old.

If the kings win i think the lakers have a better shot of getting past the kings than the warriors at the next round. Lakers have a good shot of beating the Grizzlies without clarke, adams, and depending on how many games ja will miss, and how effective he will be if he plays.

Last edited by accord2008; 04-17-2023 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 01:59 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,464,279 times
IF (and that's the big key) IF that was any other player I'd be OK if it was just one game. It's the playoffs, your amped up, these things happen. It's obviously the wrong thing to do, but I could see a case where you go lienient for a first time offense, especially when your first offense is a playoff game.

...however with that being said Green is NOT a first time offender and he's pulled this crap more than once in his career. I would go a 5 game suspension; basically the rest of this series if it goes a full 7 games, and if it doesn't go a full 7 sit him a few games to begin next season. At a minimum it has to be a 2 game suspension and probably longer than that.

Old 04-18-2023, 04:31 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
I would say 5 games. He should not play again in this series. If the Warriors somehow make it past the Kings then let him play. Maybe I am a little biased. If the Lakers take out Memphis. The Kings would be an easier opponent. They might be better than GS but lack playoff experience.

I do worry that GS will soon be done with him and he will be off to the Lakers next year. I don't want him on the team. Like Patrick Beverly. The only part of their game that has not declined is causing trouble.

Old 04-18-2023, 05:37 AM

3,949 posts, read 2,342,896 times
^^^Ok with all opinions stated. Big picture. Green is in the twilight of his career. He has been in the perfect system since he was drafted. On any other team, he would be fighting for a roster spot. He let his temper get the best of him last night, though. Curious how the league handles it.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:02 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
I'd hope he'd get 3 or more games, but since it's Draymond & it's the playoff he'll probably get 1-2 games. His whole game is to push the rules to see what he can get away with. Poking Trey Lyles in the eyes. Sitting on Sabonis, clobbering Monk & then stepping on his hand, both right in front of the ref in game 1 who saw it & ignored it. Draymond also gets away with illegal screens all game long which is what powers the Warriors offense.

I can't stand the guy. I'd hope that Kerr & Curry are done with him after this season with the Poole punch & now this. Sadly Draymond has a job at TNT waiting for him when he retires so we'll have to listen to his annoying head talking non-stop. I can imagine, like Shaq, whenever he gets in an argument he'll just say, well I have 4 rings & you don't, so I win.

Old 04-18-2023, 06:13 AM

3,949 posts, read 2,342,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'd hope he'd get 3 or more games, but since it's Draymond & it's the playoff he'll probably get 1-2 games. His whole game is to push the rules to see what he can get away with. Poking Trey Lyles in the eyes. Sitting on Sabonis, clobbering Monk & then stepping on his hand, both right in front of the ref in game 1 who saw it & ignored it. Draymond also gets away with illegal screens all game long which is what powers the Warriors offense.

I can't stand the guy. I'd hope that Kerr & Curry are done with him after this season with the Poole punch & now this. Sadly Draymond has a job at TNT waiting for him when he retires so we'll have to listen to his annoying head talking non-stop. I can imagine, like Shaq, whenever he gets in an argument he'll just say, well I have 4 rings & you don't, so I win.
Funny. That's like a kid going, "AHA!" I've been tired of Green ever since he yelled at Durant like he's some rookie. Warriors would have had, at least, 2 more rings if they kept Durant. Not losing any sleep over Green getting fined/thrown out of games. He deserves the consequences of being a jerk.

Old 04-18-2023, 01:04 PM

1,089 posts, read 443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I do worry that GS will soon be done with him and he will be off to the Lakers next year. I don't want him on the team. Like Patrick Beverly. The only part of their game that has not declined is causing trouble.
He will be 34 next year with a player option of 27 million. Plus his attitude. Golden state has to give up picks to level it out, and his size is an issue as he gets older. His game only fits in golden state. Massive negative trade value since he is not longer an all star forna while

This is his nail in the coffin for getting paid big time nearing retirement for what he did in the past. Had kd stayed it will be 6 rings and he might have gotten paid even with his issues.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:21 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,560,760 times

Old 04-18-2023, 06:12 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
He will be 34 next year with a player option of 27 million. Plus his attitude. Golden state has to give up picks to level it out, and his size is an issue as he gets older. His game only fits in golden state. Massive negative trade value since he is not longer an all star forna while

This is his nail in the coffin for getting paid big time nearing retirement for what he did in the past. Had kd stayed it will be 6 rings and he might have gotten paid even with his issues.
After winning it all last year even with what Green did to Poole you don't break a team up who just won a title. But with how this year appears to be going no reason to keep him especially after 2 really bad incidents.

And since he and Lebron want to play together I can see him being traded to the Lakers. Maybe for a guy like Hachimura who would be useful for the Warriors. I don't want it. But I can see the Warriors sending him off to where he wants to go and the Lakers appeasing LeBron.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:06 PM

7,000 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Wow, just watched the play. Suspension is coming, I think. It was the "double foot" jump move on Sabonis' chest that is egregious. I assumed (wrongly) Green had one leg grabbed, and the other stepped on Sabonis because Green didn't alter his gait.......but yeah that is a "stomp."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball