Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 06:44 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
His posse could be just posers. Maybe they are real gangbangers, but who knows. I really don't get why some folks want to look tough, hard, when they have money already.

I thought he came from a middle class background. Two parent family. These could just be his friends growing up. Now that he has all this money he takes care of all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 07:21 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This guy might well be the biggest idiot in the history of the NBA.
You would think he earned his lesson after the first time. He must be tired of playing. Ok. Next! Can't do the same thing and expect different results. Off topic. I watch these reality crime shows where the first place the police look when they have a suspect is their social media. Stupid kids post videos of guns, gang signs, etc. Sometimes they post the actual gun that is the murder weapon. Point being. Why put yourself out there for the world to know what you are doing in your off time? Ray Lewis for the Ravens was going down the same path before he cut out his so-called friends. He should do the same. Don't blow it, son.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:36 AM

1,086 posts, read 441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
You would think he earned his lesson after the first time. He must be tired of playing. Ok. Next! Can't do the same thing and expect different results. Off topic. I watch these reality crime shows where the first place the police look when they have a suspect is their social media. Stupid kids post videos of guns, gang signs, etc. Sometimes they post the actual gun that is the murder weapon. Point being. Why put yourself out there for the world to know what you are doing in your off time? Ray Lewis for the Ravens was going down the same path before he cut out his so-called friends. He should do the same. Don't blow it, son.
Had ja played in the 70's and 80's, where video cameras were huge and heavy, and not practical to bring around and record yourself with a gun, he would not have this problem. There are lots of nba players who was caught with a gun, some are probably for protection, they keep it hidden, but to flash it in videos knowing people will see it and report it, thats a great way to lose millions. I wonder if this will cost him over 100 million from his endorsements to salary lost in suspended games.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:14 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
I like Stephen A. Smith's comment on Ja:

"As you know, I'm a Knick fan and we've talked about R.J. Barrett. Between Zion Williamson's body and Ja Morant's stupidity, R.J. Barrett might end up being the best pick."

Stephen A. was making reference to the 2019 NBA Draft. Williamson, Morant, and Barrett were picked first, second, and third. Despite Barrett being the frequent subject of Smith's ire, Stephen A. now feels the Canadian may outperform both Zion and Ja.

Williamson's poor conditioning has limited the New Orleans Pelican to just 114 games over three seasons. And Morant, obviously, has never had his future more in doubt than this moment.

When you put it that way, Barrett should stay off the trade block.

Old 05-15-2023, 02:50 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
While what he did was dumb, it wast illegal either. Its not against the law to own a gun in Tennessee, show one on the internet, and its not like he flashed it with intentions that they were on their way to do a drive by or something. I dont see how him with a gun in this clip is any different than when other athletes have rifles to go hunting and post it online, although hunting is much different than portraying hood culture.

But Ja is the issue, as his friends pointed the camera away when they noticed that his dumb behind had a gun out. But maybe a 25-41 game suspension could get the message across, even though he still didnt commit any crime or do anything illegal, so this is juts a branding issue/ethics type suspension.

But I would have a gun too if I lived in Memphis in a flashy SUV.

Old 05-15-2023, 03:08 PM

1,086 posts, read 441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
While what he did was dumb, it wast illegal either. Its not against the law to own a gun in Tennessee, show one on the internet, and its not like he flashed it with intentions that they were on their way to do a drive by or something. I dont see how him with a gun in this clip is any different than when other athletes have rifles to go hunting and post it online, although hunting is much different than portraying hood culture.

But Ja is the issue, as his friends pointed the camera away when they noticed that his dumb behind had a gun out. But maybe a 25-41 game suspension could get the message across, even though he still didnt commit any crime or do anything illegal, so this is juts a branding issue/ethics type suspension.

But I would have a gun too if I lived in Memphis in a flashy SUV.
Its not illegal, but the nba is a brand. Kids and people all around the world watch it, its not good to show that their players are thugs. Its like in the early 2000s when some players dress like thugs whem they are injured, and the nba stepped in and make them wear suits with tie.

Old 05-15-2023, 04:11 PM

387 posts, read 408,225 times
Ja...Short for Jackass.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:55 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Old 05-17-2023, 06:31 AM

735 posts, read 406,849 times
Sad and very dumb at the same time. People say he is intelligent, but I don't see it. Having a drinking problem is not an excuse either.

Old 05-17-2023, 08:46 AM

202 posts, read 147,323 times
The NBA can't be loving it when legit gang members are calling out Ja for his antics too. Not a good look, dude needs to surround himself with better people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball