Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 09:12 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,957,903 times

Advertisements

Nuggets vs Heat is a good final.

Denver is a high flying team. Heat will bring the hammer to you to stop that.

I wonder which will win out. If you're not watching you are missing out on a great upcoming chess match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 09:18 AM

1,116 posts, read 453,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

I think either Brown or Tatum go if they get swept or lose 4-1. I mentioned Ja because of Memphis might have had enough of him and they are pretty good without him. Maybe Ja for Brown? Boston gets a real point guard and keeps Tatum. Then Smart becomes the off guard. Or Tatum for Luka?
I dont know, brown can guard point guards to backup power forwards, while ja can guard point guards and shooting guards. Overall its a wash since ja is the better offensive player with his better passing. For this to happen grizzlies has to give up a first rounder due to ja being immature.

There are very few players who close the deal in winning a championship, brown is not one of them. He is no kawhi, paul George, harden, etc. He is about the Same level as andrew wiggins, maybe has a shot of the hof.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:34 AM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
I dont know, brown can guard point guards to backup power forwards, while ja can guard point guards and shooting guards. Overall its a wash since ja is the better offensive player with his better passing. For this to happen grizzlies has to give up a first rounder due to ja being immature.

There are very few players who close the deal in winning a championship, brown is not one of them. He is no kawhi, paul George, harden, etc. He is about the Same level as andrew wiggins, maybe has a shot of the hof.
Brown has poor ball handling skills. Ja and Tatum would be a hard duo to guard. And they have good roll players who play defense. And Brown might fit into the gritty play of Memphis better than Ja.

Old 05-22-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Brown has poor ball handling skills. Ja and Tatum would be a hard duo to guard. And they have good roll players who play defense. And Brown might fit into the gritty play of Memphis better than Ja.
Yeah but also size matters. Ja and brown are at the same level overall in terms of effectiveness in winning a championship. Theres a oversupply of 6'2 players fighting for jobs and on defense they can never be as effective as a 6'6 player unless they are elite defenders. There has never been a batman in the history of the nba that is 6'2 or under. Gary payton and jason kidd is 6'4 and they are close to batmans. The wilts, jordans, kareems, kobe, bird, lebron, magic, duncan, malone, giannis, joker, they are all 6'6 or above.

Old 05-22-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Yeah but also size matters. Ja and brown are at the same level overall in terms of effectiveness in winning a championship. Theres a oversupply of 6'2 players fighting for jobs and on defense they can never be as effective as a 6'6 player unless they are elite defenders. There has never been a batman in the history of the nba that is 6'2 or under. Gary payton and jason kidd is 6'4 and they are close to batmans. The wilts, jordans, kareems, kobe, bird, lebron, magic, duncan, malone, giannis, joker, they are all 6'6 or above.
Curry is 6'2". He is a Batman. And almost unbeatable in the playoffs.

The old NBA I agree with you. But an NBA focused on 3 point shooting and dunks Ja fits perfectly in that world. Kareem and Wilt started playing in the NBA more than 50 years ago with no 3 point line. Very different league today. Even when Jordan got into the league. I was watching one of his old games. There was one three point attempt in the first quarter of that game. And it was because the shot clock was winding down. The announcer got all excited that someone was taking a 3.

Old 05-22-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Curry is 6'2". He is a Batman. And almost unbeatable in the playoffs.

The old NBA I agree with you. But an NBA focused on 3 point shooting and dunks Ja fits perfectly in that world. Kareem and Wilt started playing in the NBA more than 50 years ago with no 3 point line. Very different league today. Even when Jordan got into the league. I was watching one of his old games. There was one three point attempt in the first quarter of that game. And it was because the shot clock was winding down. The announcer got all excited that someone was taking a 3.
Curry was never feared by anyone or team. He is a legendary shooter, elite scorer, but he has a small frame and short wingspan, He cant defend multiple positions, and overall as a player he can somewhat carry a team and make tons of 3's but he does give up alot of points when he is on the floor. He needs 2 hall of famers in draymond and klay to win. All the batmans i described only need 1 hall of famer to win. Without size your losing in rebounds, blocks, on top of defense. Curry makes alot of money for the nba due to his insane shooting, and people watch him but many dont focus on his defensive liability for the team. Made 3 pointers grab much more attention than a missed shot on the other end when a good defender alters a shot or makes a player work harder and misses a shot. Those dont show up on the box score.

Old 05-22-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Curry was never feared by anyone or team. He is a legendary shooter, elite scorer, but he has a small frame and short wingspan, He cant defend multiple positions, and overall as a player he can somewhat carry a team and make tons of 3's but he does give up alot of points when he is on the floor. He needs 2 hall of famers in draymond and klay to win. All the batmans i described only need 1 hall of famer to win. Without size your losing in rebounds, blocks, on top of defense. Curry makes alot of money for the nba due to his insane shooting, and people watch him but many dont focus on his defensive liability for the team. Made 3 pointers grab much more attention than a missed shot on the other end when a good defender alters a shot or makes a player work harder and misses a shot. Those dont show up on the box score.
You are moving the goalpost. You said:

There has never been a batman in the history of the nba that is 6'2 or under.

I said Curry is a batman. He is clearly the leader of the team and the most successful team of the past decade. And now you are talking about him have two HOFers on his team disqualifying him. Or he is not big enough. And Curry is feared. Like I said they are almost unbeatable in the playoffs. They have gone 20-2 in playoff series since 2014 up until losing the Lakers. You would probably have to go back to the Celtics in the 60's for a run like that. Sure KD was a big part of that. But last year proved they did not need KD to win.

And most great teams have 3 or more HOFers on them. Jordan had Pippen and either Rodman or Kukoc. Magic had Worthy, Kareem, Scott, Cooper. Bird had McKale and Parrish. LeBron in Miami had 3 with him. Even in Cleveland he had Kyrie and Love. I could go on and on but you get my point.

Old 05-22-2023, 12:41 PM

Quote:

I said Curry is a batman. He is clearly the leader of the team and the most successful team of the past decade. And now you are talking about him have two HOFers on his team disqualifying him. Or he is not big enough. And Curry is feared. Like I said they are almost unbeatable in the playoffs. They have gone 20-2 in playoff series since 2014 up until losing the Lakers. You would probably have to go back to the Celtics in the 60's for a run like that. Sure KD was a big part of that. But last year proved they did not need KD to win.

And most great teams have 3 or more HOFers on them. Jordan had Pippen and either Rodman or Kukoc. Magic had Worthy, Kareem, Scott, Cooper. Bird had McKale and Parrish. LeBron in Miami had 3 with him. Even in Cleveland he had Kyrie and Love. I could go on and on but you get my point.
Where would you rate curry as a overall player in the history of the nba? Lets forget about the batman issue. The all time greats are to way players. Theres a reason kd came and won 2 championships and he was the finals mvp twice, but its still stephs team. Thats why so many teams want a 3 and d player, and they are so rare. Curry cant defend.

Old 05-22-2023, 01:26 PM

7,033 posts, read 11,329,049 times
Quote:

It's winning the rings that make those other guys HOFers, rather than just All-Stars who shine for a few seasons then fade.

Isiah Thomas was a Batman at 6'1.

Old 05-22-2023, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Where would you rate curry as a overall player in the history of the nba? Lets forget about the batman issue. The all time greats are to way players. Theres a reason kd came and won 2 championships and he was the finals mvp twice, but its still stephs team. Thats why so many teams want a 3 and d player, and they are so rare. Curry cant defend.
Overall top 10-12 all time. I googled a bunch of top all time player lists and that is about where most put him. He is the best shooter of all time. Best range. The thing that keeps him out of the top 5 is his lack of defense. If Curry wanted out of GS next year and was a free agent. Every team in the league would want him even at his age. You know that. And he rises the occasion when it counts. You really can't say that about many players. If your team is up by two and the other team has the ball with say 15 seconds to go. The guy you don't want to have taking that last shot is Curry. There is a very short list of players all time that would be in that conversation besides Curry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball