Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 10:33 PM

10,784 posts, read 4,356,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
The most interesting part of all of this to me is how easily Jokic scores on Davis and James, like James isn't even there, and Davis has some fight, but gets worn down and exhausted as the game goes on.

The most telling moment of Game 1 was an exhausted Davis tugging on his shorts under his own basket as Jokic beat Lebron down court and then got a fast break dunk on him with about 2 minutes left in the game.

What? Yeah, that really happened. Davis being unable to slow down Jokic (even in transition?) is not something I would have guessed even after the first MVP, sure he can score back, but he is taking a beating already, can't match up all game with him. Jokic now has 69 playoff games under his belt, more than Davis who is 2 years older. Jokic's line over those 69 games is 27/12/7 on 53/41/82 shooting splits. Top PER and 2nd best Box +/- in playoff history as of this post.
That is scary. Because Jokic will probably have better longevity than anyone, given his lack of reliance on athleticism and his lack of injuries, so his extraordinary production will continue throughout his 30s. Plus he should eventually get the chance to play with a more talented roster, and then his fg% will get even better...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2024, 10:36 PM

1,109 posts, read 451,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That is scary. Because Jokic will probably have better longevity than anyone, given his lack of reliance on athleticism and his lack of injuries, so his extraordinary production will continue throughout his 30s.
His size helps with not getting injured. And very athletic high jumping players have a bigger chance of landing wrong. Jokic might be the goat as time goes on, but who knows, his lack of defense will take some points off of him.

Old 04-22-2024, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
His size helps with not getting injured. And very athletic high jumping players have a bigger chance of landing wrong. Jokic might be the goat as time goes on, but who knows, his lack of defense will take some points off of him.
Well, i wouldn't worry about GOAT, considering its a non-existent award/title, and impossible to prove because everybody has a different criteria.
Something far more impressive is the awards and titles that actually exist, and I think Jokic has a huge chance at winning more MVPs than MJ.

And I assume he won't leave Denver, so that might restrict his chances of reaching MJ's 6 rings...
Just imagine if he ever decided to form a superteam somewhere, because his style of play would fit seamlessly with a dominant scorer.
But, ring-chasing is not his style.

If Denver ever have some cap room in the next 10 years, I think some high profile players would love to play alongside Jokic.
He can win you championships while also accommodating you and passing the ball exactly when you need him to.
He'll probably be happy to sacrifice his scoring and average 20ppg and 12apg.
So Denver may end up winning several rings, though they are skating on thin ice because Murray's healthy is dicey.

Old 04-22-2024, 01:53 AM

1,109 posts, read 451,047 times
Quote:
Well, i wouldn't worry about GOAT, considering its a non-existent award/title, and impossible to prove because everybody has a different criteria.
Something far more impressive is the awards and titles that actually exist, and I think Jokic has a huge chance at winning more MVPs than MJ.

And I assume he won't leave Denver, so that might restrict his chances of reaching MJ's 6 rings...
Just imagine if he ever decided to form a superteam somewhere, because his style of play would fit seamlessly with a dominant scorer.
But, ring-chasing is not his style.

If Denver ever have some cap room in the next 10 years, I think some high profile players would love to play alongside Jokic.
He can win you championships while also accommodating you and passing the ball exactly when you need him to.
He'll probably be happy to sacrifice his scoring and average 20ppg and 12apg.
So Denver may end up winning several rings, though they are skating on thin ice because Murray's healthy is dicey.
Most if not all nba championship teams have at least 2 all stars if not 3 to win. And many have 2 all stars plus a former all star. Jokic had none. Jamal murray, gordon, porter jr never made an all star team in their careers, on top of getting into an all star team due to an all star getting injured. Jokic is a 1 man wrecking crew.

Jordan, lebron, kobe all needed help.

Last edited by accord2008; 04-22-2024 at 02:04 AM..

Old 04-22-2024, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Most if not all nba championship teams have at least 2 all stars if not 3 to win. And many have 2 all stars plus a former all star. Jokic had none. Jamal murray, gordon, porter jr never made an all star team in their careers, on top of getting into an all star team due to an all star getting injured. Jokic is a 1 man wrecking crew.

Jordan, lebron, kobe all needed help.
I'd take Jamal Murray over prime James Harden, considering how he delivers in the playoffs... Harden is one of many all-stars who go missing in the most important playoff games. Pippen himself has that reputation of going missing in big games.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:22 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,107,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
^^^ I've seen more Jokic commercials lately. Glad he stopped leaving money on the table. He can tend to his horses anytime.
Yep. Looks like somebody sat him down and had a heart-to-heart with him about fully embracing "The American Way ($$$$$$$$$$)"...

Old 04-22-2024, 09:09 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,322,788 times
Quote:
I'd take Jamal Murray over prime James Harden, considering how he delivers in the playoffs... Harden is one of many all-stars who go missing in the most important playoff games. Pippen himself has that reputation of going missing in big games.
Murray's game isn't much like Tony Parker, but I seem similarities in how they compliment their teams without needing the ball too much. That's the difference with Harden, he needs to dominate the ball to be effective. Murray is good at picking his spots to take over and knowing when to play team ball.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:33 AM

7,458 posts, read 4,695,683 times
A poster posted this in youtube comments:

"The Nuggets are just built PERFECTLY around Jokic. Like you couldnt have done a better job.
PG: Great shooter + great PnR parter, and a big gamer in Murray
SG: All-Defense type player that knows his role and a great shooter in KCP
SF: Arguably the best catch n shoot player in the league that is also huge and solid on D in MPJ
PF: Literally born to play in the dunker spot and also a versatile defender in AG
Watching this team when they are cooking is basketball heaven. They play the right way and fit together PERFECTLY."

This is what Rockets should emulate for Sengun. I think Thompson can play Gordon's spot. Jabari can play Porter's spot. FVV can play Murray's spot. Jalen Green though takes too many shots. He can't fill Holiday's spot. I think if Rockets slide Green to the bench and promote Cam Whitmore, they will be better. Why not Booker instead of Whitmore? Because Whitmore is younger and should be developed more with the rest of the core.

Having said that, with Jalen Green and Dillon Brooks coming off the bench, along with Jeff Green/Eason, Adams/Landale and Holiday, that will be a good 2nd unit.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Murray's game isn't much like Tony Parker, but I seem similarities in how they compliment their teams without needing the ball too much. That's the difference with Harden, he needs to dominate the ball to be effective. Murray is good at picking his spots to take over and knowing when to play team ball.
Good comparison, and because they are so unselfish, they don't turn the ball over much.
Parker averaged 7.7 assists and 2.6 turnovers in his best season, and Murray averaged 6.5 assists and 2.1 turnovers this season.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:11 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times
Jamal Who? O the guy that destroyed the Lakers in the final seconds of game 2.

I loved how Joker posting up on Anthony Davis backing him down in the 4th with a few minutes to play made AD look ridiculous. It was almost embarrassing to watch.

Anyway, I must be the only west coast guy on the board, surprised no ones mentioned anything about the incredible Nuggets finish yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball