Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:04 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,025,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
That was fun; though I thought it was over after Michigan and Minnesota went down.

I also wasn't buying Bob Knight's assertion that Big Ten fans are not interested in winning the challenge. Certainly I was not the only midwesterner pulling for Bucky and Brutus to win us the challenge.

As an aside; I really enjoy Bob Knight as an analyst.
I agree, I was definitely pulling for the Badgers to beat Duke, and when an Ohio State fan pulls for anything Michigan, you know that it has to be something important! Although, being that the Big 10 won the challenge and the Wolverines lost, I can live w/that .

Also agree on the General, you can obviously tell he has more of a filter than when he coached, but there are times when his candor and true feelings come out and he's not afraid to tell it like it is. All I know is, I wouldn't ever want to get on the wrong side of him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,025,387 times
Tough break (literally & figuratively) for the Buckeyes Saturday as Evan Turner's hands slipped from the rim during a dunk attempt and he fell viciously to the court on his back - broke a couple vertabrae and is expected out up to 8 weeks. He came into the game averaging 21 Pts. & 13 Reb./game helping the Bucks out to a 7-1 start. Hopefully they can hold it together until he gets back and he'll be able to return healthy by late January (would be great if he could be back for their big match-up on the 23rd in Morgantown vs. West Virginia).

As a side note, for anyone who questions a college athlete leaving school early for the NFL or NBA, after seeing how scary his fall was should make you understand how a player wouldn't risk millions of dollars just for the 'college experience.' Turner was projected as a mid-1st rounder last year, granted w/his play this season, he probably was moving himself into a top 10 lottery pick, but that would have been a moot point had his injury been more serious as it initially looked & sounded. If you haven't seen it, prepare to cringe if you watch it.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 AM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
The Wolfpack win one on the road against Marquette after being down by 10 or more throughout most of the game. Usually the team would give up and look ahead to the next game.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Texas Tech is off to a great start...8-0 with a big win over #10 Washington.
It's 9-0 now with a comeback road win over TCU.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM

231 posts, read 869,144 times
Do people realize how strong Kentucky is going to be by the end of the season? All those freshmen? Beating the usually powerful NC and Conn., leading NC by as many as 18 at one point, only to have the lead lost due to inexperience, and going down to the wire with Conn.? Yes, Wall is only there for now...but WOW! GO BIG BLUE!

Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
I agree.

Having KY back as a powerhouse in college basketball is good for the sport of college basketball and makes it more interesting.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
You need to stop talking about Indiana basketball. It is quite appearent in all of your postings that:

1) You don't like Indiana

2) You don't know what you are talking about
1) He also doesn't like North Carolina.

2) Yes, he does NOT know what he's talking about.

3) He opens his yap about every little thing but yet never admits that he was wrong... Case in point, he was all hating on my Tar Heels last year and I was having fun with him but yet he never owned up to his obsurd claims/posts/predictions!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
Do people realize how strong Kentucky is going to be by the end of the season? All those freshmen? Beating the usually powerful NC and Conn., leading NC by as many as 18 at one point, only to have the lead lost due to inexperience, and going down to the wire with Conn.? Yes, Wall is only there for now...but WOW! GO BIG BLUE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I agree.

Having KY back as a powerhouse in college basketball is good for the sport of college basketball and makes it more interesting.
Yeah..yeah... it's great UNTIL they have to vacate whatever they accomplish because of their crooked, sleezy coach! Memphis learned this fact the painful way... Enjoy it now Kentucky fans, it's just a matter of time...It's happened everywhere he's been.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Yeah..yeah... it's great UNTIL they have to vacate whatever they accomplish because of their crooked, sleezy coach! Memphis learned this fact the painful way... Enjoy it now Kentucky fans, it's just a matter of time...It's happened everywhere he's been.
Aren't you confusing him with former Cincinatti coach or the former Indiana coach ?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Aren't you confusing him with former Cincinatti coach or the former Indiana coach ?
No, not even one bit... This guy's wrap sheet is no secret...it's out there... look it up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball