Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
It's more convenient to discuss Birmingham and its pros and cons because I HAVE LIVED IN THE AREA FOR THREE DECADES.

My God, dude.... get a grip.
Then discuss it in an intellectually honest manner. Or don't - it doesn't matter. I'll call you out on it, and you'll call me names in an attempt to undermine my opinions and perception of reality in an attempt to push your own agenda as the only true way of looking at things.

Quote:
I love how you act like I want Birmingham to fail or something....
I stopped reading after this false statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,302,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then discuss it in an intellectually honest manner. Or don't - it doesn't matter. I'll call you out on it, and you'll call me names in an attempt to undermine my opinions and perception of reality in an attempt to push your own agenda as the only true way of looking at things.
yes, that's what a lot of your statements are.....your opinions and your perceptions. Not necessarily facts.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
yes, that's what a lot of your statements are.....your opinions and your perceptions. Not necessarily facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
No he's probably just tired of arguing with a stump. I know I am.
I thought you were done.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:30 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,261 times
What happened to the other thread?

Old 03-20-2015, 09:40 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,374,263 times
How long before Birmingham doesn't want to be Nashville? - Birmingham Business Journal

Old 03-20-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
The BBJ is just as sensationalistic as you and your brethren are.
It's just a sensationalistic opinion piece.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:58 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,374,263 times
Quote:

Nope that article has the truth written all over it..Sorry good try.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:06 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,773,896 times
Quote:
is it really that sensationalistic? you may think its outlook of the future is sensationalistic... to think birmingham might one day be looking up at huntsville (and not just on a map), but its description of the past is quite accurate.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Nope that article has the truth written all over it..Sorry good try.
Nah, I don't think so. I also find it funny how when they say something that gets you tickled all of a sudden it's a source worth listening to. Especially when it is obviously a click-bait opinion piece designed to suck the likes of you right on in.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
is it really that sensationalistic? you may think its outlook of the future is sensationalistic... to think birmingham might one day be looking up at huntsville (and not just on a map), but its description of the past is quite accurate.
Is this a real question? A real attempt at discourse?

Ok.

It should be titled, How long will Alabama continue to look up to Tennessee.

Tennessee does a better job of backing its lead horse. They do things to encourage business to come to Nashville. Alabama doesn't. They'd rather buy off businesses to come to Huntsville. Birmingham is too black and too blue to ever receive the attention it needs from red Alabama. Seems like Memphis is the red-headed step child in Tennessee. Gee, I wonder why. Majority black, majority blue also. Hmmm.

Also, Nashville merged with Davidson. Look at their population figures on wiki:
I'll cut to the chase so you don't have to.

in 1960 they had about 171k people.
in 1970 they suddenly had 448k.

That wasn't because they are so progressive and booming, they just artificially expanded their borders and tax base. Maybe that isn't the silver bullet that will solve all of Birmingham's ails, but it probably wouldn't hurt to go coterminous with Jefferson co.

People think there's anything magical going on and special about Nashville other then that. I do not drink that Hunch Punch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area