Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2022, 07:15 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times

Advertisements

Last night 6 people were shot around the city within an hour and one was killed. 3 shot in Hyde Park, 2 shot in Mattapan, 1 shot in Dorchester.

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-71.0976652

Additional Stabbings in Roxbury and broad daylight Downtown.

Additionally, a found dead woman in a Dorchester Cemetery is being investigated.

There was a rash of shootings and attempted vehicular homicide in Dorchester last week as well. Including a tripleshooting at a popular restaurant. Leaders in the Black Boston Community are calling for a curfew.

The clergy said they will “stand in the blood” where the man was murdered Friday night to express their outrage at violence among blacks in Boston. Clergy will restate its declaration of a “state of emergency” in Boston’s Black community.

“We must take a stand against violence and hold ourselves accountable on a certain level. Self-responsibility within the Black community in Boston is especially critical in the light that our public law enforcement sectors in Boston have offered no credible public safety plan for Black people in Boston,” said the Rev. Kevin Peterson.

Peterson said that ministers will also call for a self-imposed curfew in the Black community this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 07:16 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
This has all already been posted ^^

Old 11-09-2022, 11:55 AM

https://bpdnews.com/news/2022/11/8/b...at-rowes-wharf

Old 11-09-2022, 01:01 PM

Shot and killed today, broad daylight:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-...ester/41914286

Old 11-09-2022, 05:20 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Last night 6 people were shot around the city within an hour and one was killed. 3 shot in Hyde Park, 2 shot in Mattapan, 1 shot in Dorchester.

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-71.0976652

Additional Stabbings in Roxbury and broad daylight Downtown.

Additionally, a found dead woman in a Dorchester Cemetery is being investigated.

There was a rash of shootings and attempted vehicular homicide in Dorchester last week as well. Including a tripleshooting at a popular restaurant. Leaders in the Black Boston Community are calling for a curfew.

The clergy said they will “stand in the blood” where the man was murdered Friday night to express their outrage at violence among blacks in Boston. Clergy will restate its declaration of a “state of emergency” in Boston’s Black community.

“We must take a stand against violence and hold ourselves accountable on a certain level. Self-responsibility within the Black community in Boston is especially critical in the light that our public law enforcement sectors in Boston have offered no credible public safety plan for Black people in Boston,” said the Rev. Kevin Peterson.

Peterson said that ministers will also call for a self-imposed curfew in the Black community this week.
But homie, how did that happen? Didn’t you along with every other BLMillionaire-adjacent hustler tell us it was in fact the evil kkkops that are doing all the killing?

Old 11-09-2022, 05:27 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Shot and killed today, broad daylight:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-...ester/41914286
And that building big new building in background that happens to be nicer than vast majority of Bostons rentals under $5,000/month is public housing, paid for by suckers like you and me. Takes a lot of money to buy all those votes but taxpayer pockets are truly bottomless!

Old 11-15-2022, 05:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
If this happens to a T cop, where does that leave you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...er/ar-AA148lKi

Old 11-15-2022, 10:25 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
If this happens to a T cop, where does that leave you?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...er/ar-AA148lKi

On the Park St. platform the other day, I witnessed some dude mouthing off at a young employee for simply relaying the fact that they were busing passengers from Broadway to Ashmont. Apparently the POS lit up a cigarette at one point and the employee told him to put it out but refused, as a couple minutes later I saw another MBTA employee (station supervisor?) loudly confronting him about smoking in the station. A shouting match ensued, and the two T employees started walking back up the stairs in frustration while the dirtbag was taunting them ("I do whatever the F I want!" "You F In snitch!" "I'll slap you...", etc..)

I probably ride the T once ever month or two on average, but I feel like the amount of disrespectful behavior tolerated compared with when I last regularly rode a decade + ago has gone up at least TENfold. A piece of human excrement like that should be banned from the system, and NO fellow passengers should have to endure that nonsense. You wonder why so many normal people have stopped taking the T (in addition to obvious reliability issues).

Old 11-16-2022, 05:36 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
On the Park St. platform the other day, I witnessed some dude mouthing off at a young employee for simply relaying the fact that they were busing passengers from Broadway to Ashmont. Apparently the POS lit up a cigarette at one point and the employee told him to put it out but refused, as a couple minutes later I saw another MBTA employee (station supervisor?) loudly confronting him about smoking in the station. A shouting match ensued, and the two T employees started walking back up the stairs in frustration while the dirtbag was taunting them ("I do whatever the F I want!" "You F In snitch!" "I'll slap you...", etc..)

I probably ride the T once ever month or two on average, but I feel like the amount of disrespectful behavior tolerated compared with when I last regularly rode a decade + ago has gone up at least TENfold. A piece of human excrement like that should be banned from the system, and NO fellow passengers should have to endure that nonsense. You wonder why so many normal people have stopped taking the T (in addition to obvious reliability issues).
Yeah I don't get it. I understand the employees' frustration with how things are going, but walking away and letting him get away with it isn't the answer. They probably felt it best to deescalate at that point, but I hope they at least called the police. And yes, the guy should be charged and ordered to stay away from the T. These are exactly the types of crimes that, when tolerated, tend to increase overall crime rates.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:36 AM

3,598 posts, read 1,821,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

The POS knows there will be no repercussions...MA judges will let them out easy so they can lather, rinse, repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston