Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2024, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 346 times

Advertisements

I'm in the middle of my drive from New Orleans to Jamaica Plain and I'm really concerned about parking near my new apartment until I can get my JP resident parking sticker. I have to get my car registered first, so it's not as easy just taking a copy of my lease to city hall to get my sticker. Any words of wisdom? I will be near Brookside Avenue and Green Street. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 04:06 PM

12,824 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mneiblum View Post
I'm in the middle of my drive from New Orleans to Jamaica Plain and I'm really concerned about parking near my new apartment until I can get my JP resident parking sticker. I have to get my car registered first, so it's not as easy just taking a copy of my lease to city hall to get my sticker. Any words of wisdom? I will be near Brookside Avenue and Green Street. Thanks!
Hopefully someone can give you more current info (it's been a while since I lived there), but I don't think Brookside or many of the side streets around there have resident sticker requirements. The places where stickers are required are pretty well marked with signs every 100 feet or so. If you park on the street, pay close attention to the signs. Pay close attention to the street cleaning days/times too (sign up for alerts on the city of Boston website) - it starts up again for the season on 4/1. Accidentally parking in a residential spot will get you a ticket initially. Parking in the wrong place during street cleaning will get you towed.

If you can spare it, it might be worth the peace of mind to pay for monthly off street parking. At least until you get comfortable enough with the street parking situation.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:19 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
There's all kinds of non-resident parking in JP. Just drive around. But you won't find it near any T station because that's where resident parking is mostly designated in the outer neighborhoods, for obvious reasons. Centre Street is loaded with non-resident parking and so are many of the side streets. Green Street is a heavily used T stop so there likely isn't much directly around there, but there's plenty of it within a reasonable walking distance.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:35 AM

103 posts, read 60,069 times
Quote:
There's plenty of places you can park no sticker required. By plenty I mean after spending some time looking for them. Generally off centre or South. You'll find more up on the hills. It's a big PITA is you have to use your car every day. And starting soon, you have to move it twice a month for street cleaning. Pay careful attention to the signs or you might get towed, definitely get a ticket.

I personally want to get rid of my car as it is essentially a giant paperweight. I drive it once a month. There is so many transit options. I prefer my electric bike. Beats the hell out of the perpetual traffic jam here. Plus zero parking issues.

Green St is hellish jams during rush (crush hour) hour. Good news is you are front doorstep to the Southwest Corridor bike bath. Join the electric bike revolution, and you got your own private highway to whiz by all those car not moving an inch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston