Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:01 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,263,377 times

Advertisements

Should have fought him in his neck of the woods not down under
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 10:03 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Legend or not, I think a fighter who's 38 years old and on the tail end of his career is entitled to fight a "can."
Apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
This is supposed to be Mayweather's final fight. In my eyes his opponent selection qualifies this event as a farce. With Berto ranked outside the top 15 - perhaps outside the top 30- Mayweather will be leaving short-term revenue on the table in an attempt to protect his undefeated record against an outclassed opponent.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/boxin...-vs-berto.html

Old 07-13-2017, 10:11 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Wasn't Mayweather supposed to destroy Maidana the first time?

Maidana vs Mayweather was a HELL of a lot closer than Pac vs Horn.

The corruption is real.

But also, styles make fights.

Why you hate Pac? He's one of the best ever, but he needs to retire.
Chino and Horn are light years apart. We witnessed Chino take apart a very game Adrien Broner and go to war against Erik Morales. Nobody even knew who Jeff Horn 3 weeks ago.

This is sort of like saying "Let's be honest, Warriors vs Clippers was a HELL of a lot closer than Cavs vs St. John's." They aren't comparable.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:07 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Chino and Horn are light years apart. We witnessed Chino take apart a very game Adrien Broner and go to war against Erik Morales. Nobody even knew who Jeff Horn 3 weeks ago.

This is sort of like saying "Let's be honest, Warriors vs Clippers was a HELL of a lot closer than Cavs vs St. John's." They aren't comparable.
I disagree with you. Also that was a closer fight. What skills does Maidana possess? He beat Broner. Okay.

Horn and Maidana are basically the same. I saw at least one skilled tactic that Horn used. I don't know if I identified any skill in Maidana's game outside of just being unorthodox.

Maidana fights like a caveman but he put it on Mayweather for 12 rounds. Styles make fights, and sometimes that's how it happens.

What exactly are you arguing? Are you saying that Horn beat Pacquaio cuz that makes you a hater more than anything.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:30 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Wasn't Mayweather supposed to destroy Maidana the first time?

Maidana vs Mayweather was a HELL of a lot closer than Pac vs Horn.

The corruption is real.

But also, styles make fights.

Why you hate Pac? He's one of the best ever, but he needs to retire.
I don’t like him but that doesn’t blind me from seeing the things he has accomplished in boxing. He was quite skilled but his best days are now behind.

I agree, there is corruption but that’s nothing new. Some decisions make you scratch your head and wonder how the fight was scored or if there was something we missed: Chavez vs Whitaker (and I am a Chavez fan), the Marquez vs Pacquiao fights specially the 3rd one, Horn vs Pacquiao, Lewis vs Holyfield, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing