Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:54 AM
TKO TKO started this thread

4,150 posts, read 4,297,309 times

Advertisements

Pac-man got robbed. I feel for all my Filipino brethren.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 11:20 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,358,178 times
I agree. I had it 115-113 Pacquiao. Closer than many people think, but definitely no way Horn won. I will say, by watching the fight, Horn looked good. He was the aggressor. He controlled the pace and he did back Manny against the ropes fairly effectively, but when you look at the numbers it shows a convincing win for Pacquiao. 182 punches landed versus 92. That ridiculous score of 117-111 from the judge was absolutely insane. Their credentials should be immediately revoked. Oh well. I agree with Teddy Atlas. It's a corrupt sport. They just want to prop up this Aussie kid and make money off of a rematch. Bogus. It's a shame that they're ruining the legacy of a legend.

Last edited by 585WNY; 07-02-2017 at 11:30 PM..

Old 07-03-2017, 07:51 AM

32,195 posts, read 34,947,542 times
He wasn't robbed. Outside of American boxing media (ESPN who just so happens to have a contract with Top Rank), who else is saying he was robbed? Paulie Malignaggi certainly doesn't believe he was robbed.

Pacquiao had no business fighting a guy named Joe Horn in the first place. He is the very definition of a can. Mayweather fights Berto and gets called out for it, but Pacquiao fights a complete can and everyone is silent.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:21 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,302,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
He wasn't robbed. Outside of American boxing media (ESPN who just so happens to have a contract with Top Rank), who else is saying he was robbed? Paulie Malignaggi certainly doesn't believe he was robbed.

Pacquiao had no business fighting a guy named Joe Horn in the first place. He is the very definition of a can. Mayweather fights Berto and gets called out for it, but Pacquiao fights a complete can and everyone is silent.
Exactly! He was supposed to easily destroy Horn, Vargas, Bradley 3, etc. and yet he struggled.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM
TKO TKO started this thread

4,150 posts, read 4,297,309 times
I don't think there's much doubt that Pacman's best days are behind him and I don't think anyone anywhere is suggesting otherwise. But he won that fight hands down. Not a dominant beat down but he clearly won.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,302,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I don't think there's much doubt that Pacman's best days are behind him and I don't think anyone anywhere is suggesting otherwise. But he won that fight hands down. Not a dominant beat down but he clearly won.
I don't like Pacquiao but I also think he won. At the same time I guess he finally got a taste of his own medicine after receiving gift decisions vs Marquez until the 4th fight where judges couldn't save him anymore when the fight ended with his face on the mat.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:01 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,666,946 times
He needs to retire before he gets hurt. He's a shell of the fighter he was and it's just a matter of time before he gets knocked out again.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:58 AM

10,081 posts, read 5,792,304 times
Legend or not, I think a fighter who's 38 years old and on the tail end of his career is entitled to fight a "can."

And yes, Horn showed guts and stamina, but Pac threw way more punches, landed way more punches, landed way more punches as a percentage of thrown punches, never showed any signs of being staggered or overly fatigued, had Horn sucking wind throughout most of the latter half of the fight, and pummeled him nearly to the point of a TKO. Horn's ability to take punches and stay on his feet is impressive, but trying to hurt the other guy's fists with your face is not a particularly effective boxing strategy. The first time Horn has to defend his title against someone who can hit with some power and isn't old enough to be his dad, he's gonna get his head knocked off.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:37 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,205,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Please make the fight between Pacquio and Malinaggi so Malinaggi can get his mouth shut.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:39 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,205,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly! He was supposed to easily destroy Horn, Vargas, Bradley 3, etc. and yet he struggled.
Wasn't Mayweather supposed to destroy Maidana the first time?

Maidana vs Mayweather was a HELL of a lot closer than Pac vs Horn.

The corruption is real.

But also, styles make fights.

Why you hate Pac? He's one of the best ever, but he needs to retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing