Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2024, 03:37 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

Tim Tszyu
Record: 24-0 (17KO)
Height: 5 ft 9 in (175 cm)
Reach: 70+1⁄2 in (179 cm)
Stance: Orthodox
Nickname: The Soul Taker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xri5niqemQg

Sebastian Fundora
Record: 20-1-1 (13KO)
Height: 6 ft 5+1⁄2 in (197 cm)
Reach: 80 in (203 cm)
Stance: Southpaw
Nickname: The Towering Inferno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 01:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoEv-2JbnX4

Old 04-08-2024, 03:45 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Wow, that's a lot of blood. I thought they stopped fights if a boxer was bleeding THAT much.

Old 04-14-2024, 09:59 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Definitely too much blood loss was allowed. IMHO, the fight doctor should have intervened and stopped it for Tszyu's sake. I noticed how Tszyu's blood flow lessened after the fight, surely a result of a lower heartbeat.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:51 AM

The manager for Sebastian Fundora declared the rematch against Tim Tszyu will not take place in Australia, if in fact the fight goes ahead.

With both fighters still recovering after their 12 round bloodbath a fortnight ago, talk of a rematch has taken a turn, with Samson Lewkowicz claiming the sequel will not take place down under because he was shown "disrespect" the night before the fight.

A rematch clause inserted by Tszyu's promoters, stated a return bout would take place in Australia - but Lewkowicz, speaking to the Raw Sport podcast, said he was "threatened by an individual with a clear Australian accent" the night before the fight in Las Vegas, that saw Fundora pull off the bloody upset win.

"We are doing the rematch in America," the veteran promoter said. "Australia is not on the table anymore.

"I am too old to be mistreated in my country, my home. I'm not going to his (Tszyu's) country. I can only imagine how they would be to me. I'm not accepting the disrespect."

Lewkowicz said the rematch should take place at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, later in the year, and if that was not agreeable, then both parties can go their separate ways. 

"The rematch is on the table for Tim Tszyu, I will honour my word. Fundora has agreed to the fight," he added.

"If Tszyu doesn't want to wait until November or December, we will look at [fighting] someone else."

It's likely Lewkowicz hasn't forgotten being labelled a 'weasel' by a fired up Tszyu pre-bout last month - but also paid tribute to Tszyu's skills: "I honestly believe that [Terence] Crawford is getting old and Tszyu can knock him out.

"That would be a big fight in America and Terence is looking for a pay day. Tim Tszyu [also] hasn't lost anything from this fight [against Fundora].

"His name is gold-plated now and he is certified in America. He was very brave."

Following the shock split decision win over Tszyu, Fundora received a suspension from boxing as a result of the injuries he suffered in the epic encounter.

Fundora suffered a broken nose in the first round, which has seen him provisionally suspended until 27 September. If he wants to return earlier he'll need clearance from a doctor.

Tszyu will not be able to return to the ring until May 15, after he was left with 10 stitches on his scalp from the accidental Fundora elbow that changed the complexion of the fight.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/combat-spor...0-71ed2c7640ef
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing