Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:20 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times

Advertisements

Is a few miles west of Four Corners too far away from everything in town? The prices/acreage seem reasonable but didn't know if that was for a reason!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 05:43 PM

387 posts, read 554,447 times
Originally we were about 5-10 minutes from 4 corners, and thought it would be great to live closer in to town because it seems like a long drive for groceries etc. However, having moved into town, we'd move out west of four corners in a second. It is still a little bit of a drive for groceries (though I suspect there will be a grocery out there before too long), but there is a murdoch's now so stuff is near by. I also really like the space, and it is near the river (well, 2 rivers), hot springs, and skiing (big sky). If we had it to do over again, I'd choose west of 4 corners over being closer to town, especially with how many developments are going up in town these days.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:01 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times
Check out the size of the proposed property tax bills prior to purchase. Public schools are built and operated with property taxes. Location in a certain district can mean a bigger or smaller bill.

Some of the 4 Corners area lies in the Monforton school district--good school but lots of new school construction meaning property taxes will include paying off construction bonds.

Also the Gallatin Gateway school district is about to experience huge growth with newly approved approximately 500 house concentrated subdivision, meaning big new construction bonds to build school additions.

Belgrade is also laden with retiring construction bonds for schools.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:40 AM

233 posts, read 543,360 times
15-20 minutes to Rosauers is not a long drive at all. A soak at Norris Hot Springs is about 35 minutes away from Four Corners.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
What can you get for cable/internet out past Four Corners? Satellite only and DSL for internet?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 68,990 times
I too am interested in amenities in Bozeman. My husband is looking at a possible job promotion in Bozeman. I took a quick look at housing and all I am seeing is houses and condos. I know we won't be able to have as nice a home as we have currently, and I'm ok with that as our current house is too big. All we really need is a 2 bedroom house, with a full bath and a half bath. 1600 -1700 square feet would be perfect. We also need a yard as we have 2 dogs. We would prefer to rent before we buy as we need to sell our home here in Colorado first. (Now is not the time to be selling either.) We live in a Very rural town (of 14,000) with nothing but fast food and a handful of the same old boring restaurants. Can someone point me in the direction of what might work best for us? Husband is flying out next week for an interview so I'd like for him to be able to take a look around at possible places to live. I don't mind driving "into town" if it means more affordable housin and good schools. (From what I am seeing, schools are pretty good there so I am not overly concerned there.)

I've been told there is a meth problem in Montana (as there is here, you just don't see it) so I am wondering what the crime rate is as well. You know how most folks are, they like to bad mouth some place they've never been simply because they can. I'm just trying to wade through all of the BS to get to the info I need in order to make an informed decision.

Thanks for your time and input.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:01 PM

No real meth here at all (you may get some in the NW part of the state). I worked in Oregon and it was a real problem, but not a big deal in MT anymore. Bozeman is a very safe place to live - very low crime, as are the surrounding towns.

Rentals are very, very hard to find. What you might do is look at some vacation rentals that are open to considering long term rental situations and seeing what they might be willing to do in terms of cost. And some of the surrounding towns like Belgrade (schools not quite as good), or suburb areas (Elk Grove, Middle Creek) have better priced options and good schools.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:48 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times
Do not be fooled. Meth is an issue in every county of Montana. It is often a hidden problem though.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:16 AM

233 posts, read 543,360 times
meth is an America (people) problem. Same as black tar heroin, etc. They are everywhere and relative to the population.

Prices for 2 car garage, 3 brm, 1900 sq foot in Middle Creek is around 400k. Maybe 295 for the same in Belgrade depending on scenery and curb appeal.

Read the crime stats in city data info sections. Boze is a relatively small town depending on where you are coming from. AT least it is for us.

No ghettos.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:46 PM

It is true that there is almost nowhere that doesn't have any meth, but being in the health and drug dependence treatment industry, and having worked with several populations around and in conjunction with people all over the state, I can say that the Bozeman area has a lot less meth than some other places in the state (most places actually), whereas there are towns in the state that have more meth than other places. However, there is more marijuana in Bozeman than there is in some other towns where there is more meth.

For some people this might be important information, for others it is relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman