Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:27 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Sunsprit, I think I can go from here with that info. First...save up money for trailer and place to park it........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 11:16 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Okay, definitely a pop up trailer.

some of the ads specify no title, and some to have titles, so it is clear you CAN have a title on pop up camper. but do I NEED one? and if so, is getting one expensive/difficult?
I would be very careful if there is no title, the back fees could cost as much as the trailer, before I would buy an untitled trailer I would find out for sure what the fees would be at DMV.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:25 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
Title and registrations requirements are VERY "state specific".
You will have to contact the appropriate authorities in YOUR state to find out what can and should be done if the seller has no title for the trailer.
Those of us who live in other states can make all kinds of guesses or statements about what can and/or must be done in our state, but that does YOU no good at all!
Ask your local authorities. They will have the correct answers!

Old 07-29-2015, 02:48 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Title and registrations requirements are VERY "state specific".
You will have to contact the appropriate authorities in YOUR state to find out what can and should be done if the seller has no title for the trailer.
Those of us who live in other states can make all kinds of guesses or statements about what can and/or must be done in our state, but that does YOU no good at all!
Ask your local authorities. They will have the correct answers!
You took the exact words out of my mouth. A call to your DMV or State Police should answer this question for you with a degree of certainty.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:15 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,167,692 times
While there are variations between states and the processes by which a title can be obtained for a trailer sold without one if allowed in that state ...

the OP should be aware that there are companies in several states which offer title services in their state to get a title for people in other states where the titling process isn't a viable option. A 'net search will turn up such outfits if needed.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 10,890 times
got given a 29ft. travel trailer owner lives out of country. they lost the title how can I get one so I can put it in a rv park I live in ca.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Not possible in CA if lost more than 9 yrs.. How close to OR are u?

I use a towing company that issues a mechanic lein, (takes 30 days),

then (using a 'trip permit') you MUST go to OR DMV with the lein AND the vehicle to get a 5 min ID inspection.

then get an OR title,
then transfer that title to CA.
Then get a CA registration.

Do you have a friend in VT? Their process is simpler.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 10,659 times
I live in a fifth wheel 96 excel, my husband never got his boss to sign title he has abandoned me and said house can I sell it w just a bill of sale I live in Texas

Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 10,461 times
Okay my aunt is giving me her camper but she lost the title to it and did not register it in her name before she lost it. Anybody know what I can do to get it registered and a title?

Old 03-10-2017, 02:25 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleb9233 View Post
Okay my aunt is giving me her camper
but she lost the title to it and did not register it in her name before she lost it.

Anybody know what I can do to get it registered and a title?
Have the DMV run the title and find out the previous owners name.
Then ask THEM to get a duplicate title... and sign it over to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing