Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 05:29 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,832,120 times

Advertisements

You are starting to get into the realm of a regulated industry. Whoever you hire should have a minimum level of public liability insurance. If it was crossing state lines there is a laundry list of regulations the carrier needs to comply with. They should be able to provide you with that information and you should be able to verify that information.

Who ever you hire should not crash your investment.

In one state the I would still look for someone who is licensed and insured. Hiring it out and paying a decent amount of money is still cheaper than buying a tow rig, equipping the tow rig and doing all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 06:57 AM

4,614 posts, read 6,393,302 times
When we sold our 5th wheel, I delivered it as part of the deal....negotiate. I have also moved a 5th wheel as a favor to a complete stranger. No BIL or friend that you can impose on to move it the extra 300 miles ?. Go to a website frequented by RV'ers and ask your question.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-26-2021, 08:52 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,913,617 times
Try IRV2. There will be someone who can advise you on this there. You just need to find the correct forum.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:01 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,675,700 times
There are many helpful members on rv.net
also.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:29 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,575,265 times
I used to live within 5 miles of an interstate that has a lot of traffic headed to Florida and other points south. Was talking to a man sitting outside his RV at a McDonald's one morning. Come to find out it wasn't his. He was from Minnesota and he and his wife hire themselves out driving RVs, or even hauling trailers, to Florida for older people who don't feel comfortable driving something that big down there by themselves. Said they make pretty good money.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:34 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,999,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I used to live within 5 miles of an interstate that has a lot of traffic headed to Florida and other points south. Was talking to a man sitting outside his RV at a McDonald's one morning. Come to find out it wasn't his. He was from Minnesota and he and his wife hire themselves out driving RVs, or even hauling trailers, to Florida for older people who don't feel comfortable driving something that big down there by themselves. Said they make pretty good money.
I don't suppose he gave you a business card?

I've been considering hiring a driver for certain trips if we buy a larger rig. I don't mind driving but sometimes I just wanna nap.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:51 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,764 posts, read 58,190,820 times
Here are a couple USA wide RV transport companies. Many operate out of Indiana. I note there are 5 companies near my Texas home that deliver RVs, horses, livestock, and small equipment.

https://www.shiply.com/us/rv-transport
https://www.pegasustransportandlogis...hoCbY4QAvD_BwE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing